Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
so the weather lady really talks like that huh. okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TheHan posted:

so the weather lady really talks like that huh. okay.

It kind of sounds like we're being set up to see another hero (or multiple?) from America arrive, explicitly against the American government's wishes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I really hope this isn't an excuse to have The Hauler show up and get his Quirk stolen or something.

I'd say killed, but lmao considering Shigaraki somehow failed to kill Gran Torino and AFO hasn't managed to take out anyone.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'm bummed that we're either not gonna see that fight between Toga and Tsuyu/Ochako or it's going to be in a flashback.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FireWorksWell posted:

I'm bummed that we're either not gonna see that fight between Toga and Tsuyu/Ochako or it's going to be in a flashback.

Just like the Overhual arc all over again.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

FireWorksWell posted:

who has time for them when shoji and doctor yoshi need precious screentime.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

was waiting for the official translation to make that opening make any sense but I see it's just pointless as written

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Why was anyone expecting a different translation to make things less groanworthy?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It's just a more eloquent "George W Bush doesn't care about Black Japanese People." I don't see the issue.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

oh jay posted:

It's just a more eloquent "George W Bush doesn't care about Black Japanese People." I don't see the issue.

I wonder what that guy's up to these days

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Scholtz posted:

I wonder what that guy's up to these days

Surely, he got his act together after that fiasco.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It kind of sounds like we're being set up to see another hero (or multiple?) from America arrive, explicitly against the American government's wishes.

Very much ready for Captain Celebrity and Skycrawler to come in and save us.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I do think it's kind of funny that Twice went from being afraid he was just a clone at the beginning of the series, dying knowing he was real, to coming back from the dead as a clone army here.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Unless there’s some really hard limit or justification imposed there’s basically no reason the manga shouldn’t simply end with a fully powered Twice coming back lol

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Weathergirl is right, and All For One destroys the planet in a firestorm. The only inhabitants left are 8th generation Twice clones.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SpacePig posted:

hell yeah

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

SpacePig posted:

Hori just now finishing storyboarding "... and then Shigaraki says heh you thought that attack would work? then kills cruller with a big hand."

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Weathgirl is cool and I'm a fan. :colbert:

Kurogiri shuffling the fights again is big whatever, it's not like the heroes were dominating their battles. Twice being back is not a super big surprise since Toga had the ability to do it the whole time, but also it just make heroes slightly more hosed so once again him coming out know is also pretty whatever.

In general I feel that this arc really screws up the tension. Heroes are facing against overwhelming odds and all their efforts are countered by villains, but villains are also oddly toothless and most of their efforts result only in further increasing the already overwhelming odds the heroes are facing, without actually inflicting significant loses to heroes. Bakugo dying, as dumb and half-baked as it was, would be at least something.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SKULL.GIF posted:

Unless it's actually just Skycrawler and he one shots Shirageki and then knuckleduster rolls up and just puts a bullet in AFO when he's not looking I'm not sure what this can do to make this better.

Skycrawler just pushing Allforgekione into space like he's Kars.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

I do think it's kind of funny that Twice went from being afraid he was just a clone at the beginning of the series, dying knowing he was real, to coming back from the dead as a clone army here.

Even worse: he died not that long after he gained internal peace over learning he wasn't a clone just to come back as one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Unironically Crawler would be the best person to beat All For One now. He's only going to be alive for a short amount of time because Rewind is going out of control, and no one is better at wasting a villains time that Koichi.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Rhonne posted:

Unironically Crawler would be the best person to beat All For One now. He's only going to be alive for a short amount of time because Rewind is going out of control, and no one is better at wasting a villains time that Koichi.

I feel like I'd slip into a coma if that happened.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The final fight with #6 had actual pacing and earned escalation that lead to genuinely good character moments from almost the entire cast and actually shows all the people Koichi's working to save AND has the heroes be actually competent at what they do

What I'm saying is it's an infinite amount better than whatever this last year of MHA main comic has been, especially these final fights.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Outside of Deku none of the heroes seem to be in great spots either, and were already disadvantaged.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone is going to die and Deku is going to reverse time by flying around the world fast enough to reverse it's rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCaeI5RffI

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1596668795397246977

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhonne posted:

Everyone is going to die and Deku is going to reverse time by flying around the world fast enough to reverse it's rotation.

Deku is going to give up his relationship with Bakugo to the devil

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rhonne posted:

The One Punch Man manga adaptation effectively did this recently, actually.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Deku is going to give up his relationship with Bakugo to the devil

the devil: "what is this. i don't want it. take it back."

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thank you weather lady

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I wonder if these fights would be better if they were better paced. every chapter it feels like the tables have turned 100% before they turn another 100% and we’re right back where he started. Someone reveals
a climactic new power nearly every chapter. there’s like no rhythm to anything.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Dabi got teleported to the same place the Twice clones are going so obviously that means that Dabi is about to accidentally destroy all the Twice clones with his big fire attacks because he's a loving idiot.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd be enjoying this much more if I had something to latch onto here. We keep cutting away from the fights before they end so it feels like we've been running in place, nothing changing, nothing learned, for the last several months

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CuwiKhons posted:

Dabi got teleported to the same place the Twice clones are going so obviously that means that Dabi is about to accidentally destroy all the Twice clones with his big fire attacks because he's a loving idiot.

Please god give me this

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
If the villains end up hindering each other because they're not actually unified by much other than nebulous ideas of revenge and that is the key to their defeat it would actually be pretty good.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Endeavor’s face when he sees Dabi coming out of the portal made me laugh. He’s as done with this as the rest of us.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Was Toga’s role in this just to transform into Twice?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

RatHat posted:

Was Toga’s role in this just to transform into Twice?

she turned into a dude so she'd be allowed to be relevant, yes.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I've read this chapter three times and I still don't understand if Toga's just used her power to turn into Twice or not. Either way, the three most popular girls in the manga just had a brawl off panel and I really feel like I'm reliving Bleach's final arc all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TheHan posted:

his willpower is just SO STRONG. and also his eyes and lungs and tongue and throat and brain are immune to fire i guess.

plus ultra man. people who die from burns are pussies