Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Just got into a game with someone using a lasgun rifle that melted everything in a second flat. Any special, Mutants, Crushers, Reapers, everything. Is that the bugged burning trait people were talking about?

Edit: Heresy

No bug there, the only bug is that stamina drains rapidly while firing instead of only while aiming down sights like the veteran feat description, so it's actually a little weaker then it should be.

It shouldn't burn crushers much though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Y'all that was obviously a joke.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Speaking of janky behavior was trying out the chainsword and attacked a mutant charging me with it, when you chainsaw something you kinda get attached to whatever it is you are sawing so on my screen I was spinning around rapidly and on my friends screen he saw a mutant spinning around me rapidly.

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is fun if you use the Chainaxe on a Zealot and you do light swings while dashing with your ult. The dash will continue but you'll do these instant 180-degree spins to lock on to a target with your chainaxe cutting animation for a second then continue the dash.
Sounds great, I will now pitch my "Warhammer on Ice" skating show to Games Workshop

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Just hire the people who did Space Marine to make a 4 person co-op darktide but space marine.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

If we're doing dream classes I'd like to see any of the imperial assassin clans, especially culexus (psychic nulls with no soul and uhh some sort of head mounted gun). Combat drugs would be a fun mechanic.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
IŽd be happy enough if we get a foulmouthed ratling class, that eats twice their weight in food and keeps on "aquiring" stuff from the back of a passing transport.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Sylphosaurus posted:

IŽd be happy enough if we get a foulmouthed ratling class, that eats twice their weight in food and keeps on "aquiring" stuff from the back of a passing transport.

Ratlings means snipers which means randos in your games permascoping. I am willing to accept this if the Ogryn can use them for a Fastball Special.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sylphosaurus posted:

Just give us more abhumans. Ratlings, squats, let's go.

Diephoon posted:

Ratlings means snipers which means randos in your games permascoping. I am willing to accept this if the Ogryn can use them for a Fastball Special.

I'm okay with this because I will intentionally body block their shots and then leave them to die when they fail to keep up.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This is the first FPS and one of the first games in general in a very long time where I've continued playing after there was nothing left for me to "do" in it other than chase tiny incremental upgrades, just because it looks and feels so satisfying to play. All of the visual effects and audio cues are excellent, the lighting is excellent, all the ways that on-screen effects telegraph what's happening (e.g. the laser flash or scope glint before shooters fire at you, laser pointers telegraphing where their attention is focused to make flanking feel organic, the ways that enemies react to getting shot by various kinds of weapons, etc) are all so good

I know it's unlikely but I would love some kind of alien as a 5th character. Playing as a Tau Firewarrior or a dorky eldar or something would be sick. And it sucks that warhammer games rarely let you play as the aliens.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 27, 2022

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Id presume they would do some kinda Eldar, that would be pretty easy to make subclasses for like Aspect Warriors or whatever.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is the first FPS and one of the first games in general in a very long time where I've continued playing after there was nothing left for me to "do" in it other than chase tiny incremental upgrades, just because it looks and feels so satisfying to play.

Yup, welcome. There's a ton of people who have been playing Vermintide well after they were completely geared out for years.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Darktide 2 allows you to meticulously color and decorate your Space Marine, placing over 800 varieties of skull decals anywhere you wish. 5 minutes into the game an Ork ship crashes directly on top of your marine's tiny head, permanently killing him. You then go into character creation for your new Ork, which is what you actually play as.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Internet Explorer posted:

Yup, welcome. There's a ton of people who have been playing Vermintide well after they were completely geared out for years.

Even Vermintide didn't do that for me. It was a fun game but I hit the upper echelons of the gear grind and said "okay that's enough". But here I've just kept going because goddamnit this is how a WH40k game should feel.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Vargs posted:

Darktide 2 allows you to meticulously color and decorate your Space Marine, placing over 800 varieties of skull decals anywhere you wish. 5 minutes into the game an Ork ship crashes directly on top of your marine's tiny head, permanently killing him. You then go into character creation for your new Ork, which is what you actually play as.

One the funniest moments in gaming is the character creator in the intro to Metal Geard Solid V.

Yes I know it gets used for the online portion but it's still very funny to include it in the single player part.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Popete posted:

One the funniest moments in gaming is the character creator in the intro to Metal Geard Solid V.

Yes I know it gets used for the online portion but it's still very funny to include it in the single player part.

It also gets used in the ending, by which time you probably forgot you even made a character at the start.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

DreadUnknown posted:

Id presume they would do some kinda Eldar, that would be pretty easy to make subclasses for like Aspect Warriors or whatever.

Unfortunately it's just not likely to happen. The story has you working for the inquisition, who are basically turbo-xenophobes outside of a few very select circumstances.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Dramicus posted:

Unfortunately it's just not likely to happen. The story has you working for the inquisition, who are basically turbo-xenophobes outside of a few very select circumstances.

Depends on the inquisitor. Certain radical leaning inquisitors even use daemons, heretech and xenos technology in the defence of the imperium, while other more conservative ones would shoot you just for being abhuman.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

DreadUnknown posted:

This doesn't fit the narrative at all and those characters are on a space marine like level of power as well.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

im definitely hoping they add cool and significantly different new character classes, but considering that would involve either

1. recording new banter voice lines for every single personality/gender combo
2. having significantly less new dialog for the characters and being lame

ive got my fatshark doubts, especially considering they never added another member to the Ubersreik Five which would've been infinitely less voicework (though still a lot)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The only reason im thinking they'll add a new character at some point is because there's a 5th slot.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
The only option for a Space Marine tide game would be versus Orks (I know, Tyranids are a thing but gently caress them, give me SHOOTAZ AND BLOOD AN’ TEEF)

For real though, give me a space marine chapter that plays everything 100% straight while dealing with orks with ships and jet packs that work because they believe they work. Maybe throw in a human psyker /mechanicus magos Bellisarius Cawl type who bitches about how they’re surrounded by dogmatic idiots. Idk. Bring back that Vermintide type banter

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They should do a funsies 2p mode where you and a mate are space marines and it modifies everything to max hordes.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

S.J. posted:

This doesn't fit the narrative at all and those characters are on a space marine like level of power as well.

Dramicus posted:

Both fair points, who knows really at this point.
It would be cool to get some Necromunda-themed cosmetics or something.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Darktide 2, you're an Ork Kommando squad fighting against the Imperial Guard.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Tenchrono posted:

Just hire the people who did Space Marine to make a 4 person co-op darktide but space marine.
Relic already added that to the existing Space Marine game!

It wasn't great. Also most unlocks were tied to the PvP gamemode so if you had no interest in that then lol

S.J.
May 19, 2008

tehinternet posted:

The only option for a Space Marine tide game would be versus Orks (I know, Tyranids are a thing but gently caress them, give me SHOOTAZ AND BLOOD AN’ TEEF)

For real though, give me a space marine chapter that plays everything 100% straight while dealing with orks with ships and jet packs that work because they believe they work. Maybe throw in a human psyker /mechanicus magos Bellisarius Cawl type who bitches about how they’re surrounded by dogmatic idiots. Idk. Bring back that Vermintide type banter

Ork technology does work, just intermittently and with no regard to the users' safety :colbert:

For real though, any -tide style game would probably just be made worse by marines as far as the personalities of the characters go. There are so many other more interesting and unused options out there it's insane.

e: Chaos Space Marines would be okay. Preferable, even.

ee: If we really wanna do loyalists then Sisters of Battle would be infinitely more interesting than Space Marines in a -tide game.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 28, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The problem with playing orks is pubbies on comms doing ork voice.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

JBP posted:

The problem with playing orks is pubbies on comms doing ork voice.

shut up that's just how i sound

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

JBP posted:

The best part of playing orks is pubbies on comms doing ork voice.

Agreed.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

canceled for doing greenface

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I want to be a cogboy letme be a techpriest cowards

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The best thing about the dialogue in this game is everyone is every bit as dumb as the ogryn but the ogryn is the only person who's not pretentious about it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

*inter squad banter between the Vet and the Psyker about really wanting some time off*

Ogryn: "Sounds very nice. Probably will not happen."

Alternatively, one of the combat barks for killing a Poxburster-

"KABOOM! hurrhurrhurr."

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

S.J. posted:

Just give us more abhumans. Ratlings, squats, let's go.

:scrunt:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
"Emprah says, thur's strength in ignorance. I am very, VERY strong."

Oh Ogryns.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Chaos Space Marines would be dope, one for each Chaos god

Then the fifth slot can be DLC for when the Emperor ascends to become the fifth chaos god

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
5th slot should be a Tertium worker just trying to make his way to his next shift without getting killed by an inquisitor or becoming corrupted.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I had a sniper just loving vanish in front of me. Outplayed I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/qYGfaHI.mp4

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Popete posted:

5th slot should be a Tertium worker just trying to make his way to his next shift without getting killed by an inquisitor or becoming corrupted.

What if the god-emperor was one of us...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kokoro Wish posted:

"Emprah says, thur's strength in ignorance. I am very, VERY strong."

Oh Ogryns.

There's a cute one where the ogryn says "what's an abhuman?" and the vet is like "don't worry about that big man just keep doing what you're doing!"