Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
speaking of democracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

actually, it *is* a sign of a healthy democracy when the left tells the right to gently caress off by any means necessary.

"boohoo, roe was overturned, I'm gonna cry about it instead of getting dem lawmakers to rescind 'fetal protection' laws they helped pass & forming Jane, The Sequel."

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

500 good dogs posted:

speaking of democracy

Armed right-wing militias: I sleep.
Armed left-wing militias: We need to confront this urgent threat to the health of our democracy.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Of course the moment they can't be expected to actually deliver

https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1596566366236168193

Shut the gently caress up Pramila

I think I hate her the most if only because I will never forget standing immediately next to her while she gave a fiery speech about justice to 50 people packed into a volunteer's basement and being gullible enough to think she believed any of it

Fraud and clown

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

500 good dogs posted:

speaking of democracy

"Healthy democratic debate" being code for "the two sides being irreconcilably at each other's throats so that there's gridlock and nobody asks anything of the corrupt ruling class".

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't understand how there is supposed to be debate in the context of culture war anyways. What's a halfway position on approving of drag queens or whatever that can be reached through reasoned argument? Either you belong to one cultural camp, to varying degrees of course, or the other. It's tied to media consumption too, so while I suppose someone might watch MSNBC and FOX equally, how would they construct a worldview that evenly balances what amounts to two different cosmologies?

The two sides confronting each other with arms is a problem, but having some broadly agreed upon culture isn't possible in the face of declining material conditions, and that's what it would take to quiet the energy being poured into this.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
debate is the most democratic of instruments, followed closely by think tanks and lobbyists

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Shut the gently caress up Pramila

I think I hate her the most if only because I will never forget standing immediately next to her while she gave a fiery speech about justice to 50 people packed into a volunteer's basement and being gullible enough to think she believed any of it

Fraud and clown

Lmao owned

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
please put in the papers i got mad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

speaking of democracy

really uh, interesting how the NYT suddenly brings that group up a few days after their twitter account got banned

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

(But also at me since I did similarly believe in her back in my lib era)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
bernie taught me not to trust women

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

500 good dogs posted:

bernie taught me not to trust women

The only good thing he ever did

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/LisaHumble7/status/1597011924914692097?s=20&t=1XmbkPvhN6tdZfaE4gHE2g

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Remember when Jayapal sold out the entire CPC agenda in exchange for Biden calling her mom?

quote:

By 4 p.m., Ms. Jayapal had released a statement saying flatly that the progressives would vote down the infrastructure bill, but then convened her group for the next five hours behind closed doors to make sure the members held firm in their opposition. Then the president started calling. He spoke first to Ms. Jayapal, and then to the larger group on speaker phone, imploring them to trust him.

Yet there was so little trust between the members of Ms. Jayapal’s caucus that she forced them to leave their cellphones on a table outside the meeting room to keep them from texting meeting details to reporters and posting updates on Twitter. Ms. Pelosi, who had a number of loyalists among the progressives, learned of what was happening in the room when the loyalists left to carry messages to her. She sent them back to Ms. Jayapal with messages of her own.

Ms. Pelosi also kept up a stream of calls to the cellphones parked on a table outside the hearing room where the meeting was taking place, knowing she would not get through. But she wanted her voice mail messages urging members to vote yes waiting for them when they finally emerged.

The progressives slowly caved. The no votes dwindled from 20 to 10 and finally six. Ms. Pelosi could only lose four Democrats, but aides said she was confident that she could pressure at least two of the six to vote with her before the gavel came down. Although she was unsure of how many Republican votes she might get, she thought she had at least 10.

quote:

Biden Called Jayapal’s Mother After Vote

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), leader of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, said President Biden “even called her mother in India, though it was unclear why,” the AP reports.

Said Jayapal: “This was not to bribe me, this is when it was all done.”

The lawmaker said her mother told her she “just kept screaming like a little girl.”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nikicaga/status/1597017107333799939?t=kwUgE21_bFHZM21yVPz0Zg&s=19

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

glad she found a car company that has no problematic history in the least

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Ugh, twitter replies used to be chuds and libs. Now it’s pure chud all the time.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lord of Pie posted:

glad she found a car company that has no problematic history in the least

yeah the whole emissions scandal a few years ago was pretty dishonest

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

is he really in civ 7? surely that's a joke or a mod

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

camoseven posted:

the mod replaces that art with one of :dementia: Biden

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

camoseven posted:

The game just leaked but that's fake, look at the hands, AI gen

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

camoseven posted:

it's a joke. Civ 7 hasn't been announced and those hands are a dead giveaway for AI art

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Gumball Gumption posted:

The game just leaked but that's fake, look at the hands, AI gen

oh I figured that was accurate

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
ghoul hands

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Did he pay his $8 ?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nobody in corporate America is going to green light the they/them Army with an attack modifier against religious governments lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

camoseven posted:

ghoul hands

Joe "Salad fingers" Biden

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

reminds me of that bad tweet when biden won about buffs to hope and nerfs to whatever the gently caress it was

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Nobody in corporate America is going to green light the they/them Army with an attack modifier against religious governments lol

yea I'm not THAT dumb, I didn't know if the leader screen was real

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

why are hands so hard to draw (or generate with AI art), whats the deal

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

lobster shirt posted:

computers don't have hands

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lobster shirt posted:

the AI doesn't know to "cap" the number of fingers on a hand at five

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the ai should just cheat and use an existing set of hands from a picture that fit the image