Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bird with big dick posted:

Did Elons new phone really go into production already

No, and it never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That’s not what I’m hearing.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

CommieGIR posted:

No, and it never will.

I believe that if enough people make fun of it he will absolutely attempt it, if only for the endorphin rush of his sycophants praising his genius when he announces. And I think we should encourage this by incessant mockery at every step.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Heh, Teslaphones are made with quantum tachyon tunneling, they were made 10 years ago

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Things made with tachyon technology appear ...in the future???

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Karate Bastard posted:

Things made with tachyon technology appear ...in the future???
You obviously don’t understand quantum

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Elon Musk thinks sex should only be for procreation because blowing 44 billion of something into a bird only to have it aborted is just too real for him

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I got my Elon Phone but there’s only 2 buttons, Twitter and Send Elon $8??

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I assume you can't install hookup apps on his new phone https://twitter.com/ShannenJPEG/status/1596286232287330305

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

:crylaughingemoji:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Just the dumbest man alive

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1596931690517385217?s=20&t=pBaF7PoXqsvgUC8AFD3WpA

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
The greatest thing about that comment are the incels agreeing that having sex robs you of your limited life force.

Musk really paid 44 billion to be Evilore of NeoGAF fame.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Elon Musk thinks sex should only be for procreation because blowing 44 billion of something into a bird only to have it aborted is just too real for him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Klyith posted:

It doesn't want to be that.

That's very true and badly worded on my part. Hell, Mastodon itself doesn't want anything as it's not one entity, there are already alt right instances being spun up. What I meant was "if twitter refugees want it to be."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon spent $44 billion dollars on twitter because his ex dated a transwoman but please go on about how having sex is pointless lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Did Elons new phone really go into production already

Spam flood on November 7, 2016: SIGN UP FOR TRUMPCARE!!!! CLICK HERE

Spam flood on November 7, 2020: SIGN UP FOR BIDENCARE!!!! CLICK HERE

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

That’s not what I’m hearing.

no it did. dont believe anti Muskies. Just give me your ssn number and a deposit of BLANK (THE MORE MONEY YOU GIVE ME THE FASTER I CAN GET IT, DONT WORRY I'LL GIVE YOU A BULK DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE PONES).

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Bogus Adventure posted:

Counterargument:

He looks like there’s someone pushing on his belly so his head puffs out but there’s not enough pressure to keep his face from sagging.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The richest man in the world has never experienced satisfying sex and it shows.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i've lost the tweet but there was something about how elon's parents? relatives? were in some weird cult about spreading your seed which is why elon has nearly as many children as herschel walker

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/Bogswallop/status/1596658879500546049?s=20&t=0x09byLVgs6HNPBkdkL20w

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

sharknado slashfic posted:

That's very true and badly worded on my part. Hell, Mastodon itself doesn't want anything as it's not one entity, there are already alt right instances being spun up. What I meant was "if twitter refugees want it to be."

Yeah I dunno, depends a lot on the particular twitter refugee in question. Celebs and celeb-chasers, obviously not. Politicians, probably not. Journalists, I dunno, maybe? It works for the networking and headline-sharing, but not for the "source news from trending tweets" part because there is no trending.

People who want a social network of their friends and work peers? Yeah. People who want to issue hot takes and have rando people react to them? Sure.

Mastodon will definitely never be a huge thing because the bits that fueled twitter's growth into the hate-addiction machine it ended up becoming aren't there. Look at the thousands of Elon dick-riders on twitter right now, and all the people replying to them calling them dick-riders, that is why twitter is huge. It's the internet's comments section.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Elon certainly put a lot of thought, time, and money into the bird site when it's actually quite silly.

Why you doing it? Because it gives you the endorphin rush? Quite silly.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Oh for sure, man. Finish that thought, don't leave us hanging

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm more amazed it took Twitter to happen for people to wise up on him and that he's a total rear end in a top hat.

Dude has had amazing PR up til this point despite all the negative stories that leaked from Telsa by workers.

Musk must have finally thought he could do whatever he wanted, consequences be damned. He was always getting away with his behavior, why would that change.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Elon Musk: People keep asking questions about my breeders only work policy

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why hasn't this poo poo collapsed yet like everyone keeps saying. Why is it not dead. Why are there still employees

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Knight posted:

Oh for sure, man. Finish that thought, don't leave us hanging

*inhales deeply* JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWS

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Heath posted:

Why hasn't this poo poo collapsed yet like everyone keeps saying. Why is it not dead. Why are there still employees

The real test is when they try pushing updates or new features. It seems like the systems as is were quite robust.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Heath posted:

I heard it's your fault. :colbert:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Gay people, famous for not procreating, are actually quite silly when you think about it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

priznat posted:

The real test is when they try pushing updates or new features. It seems like the systems as is were quite robust.

I guess even moreso the question is why have people not actually left the site like they keep claiming they were going to. Like why are people still clinging to this loving thing

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Heath posted:

Because the infrastructure is likely heavily automated, which is party of the quality of having so many talented employees.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Still feeling comfortable with my "slapfight-then-blacklisted by CC Payment Processors" prediction.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SirPhoebos posted:

Still feeling comfortable with my "slapfight-then-blacklisted by CC Payment Processors" prediction.

I'm hoping he pisses off SWIFT instead. Because you do not gently caress with SWIFT full-stop if you want to do any form of banking.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

I guess even moreso the question is why have people not actually left the site like they keep claiming they were going to. Like why are people still clinging to this loving thing

It still gives existing users what they want out of the site, it just has more nazis than it used to
Lots of dickheads own companies that people continue to use so I don't think that threat to leave was ever serious

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I think it's hilarious that Kind was so against cell phones he wrote a drat book about them but now he's on Twitter all the time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lammasu posted:

I think it's hilarious that Kind was so against cell phones he wrote a drat book about them but now he's on Twitter all the time.

the boomer blood always wins eventually. old white dudes can't resist an opportunity to talk at people

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Lost it at the Pickle Rick shirt. It's loving perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

The Last Call posted:

I'm more amazed it took Twitter to happen for people to wise up on him and that he's a total rear end in a top hat.

Dude has had amazing PR up til this point despite all the negative stories that leaked from Telsa by workers.

Musk must have finally thought he could do whatever he wanted, consequences be damned. He was always getting away with his behavior, why would that change.

I think a lot of that has to do with most people only hearing stuff about him, usually indirectly through carefully crafted PR stories and third hand sources because most people don’t really care enough beyond “oh that sounds nice”. Now people are seeing him unfiltered and without handlers covering for him. Just pure Elon. You used to have to actually look into the things he did to see what an idiot he is, now he’s publicly spreading his rear end cheeks while begging people to please look. his desperation for attention makes it hard to ignore, even for normal people.