Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vortmax posted:

Cool, since you're fine with this, I need money to help pay my increased utilities. Can I give you my Venmo since I can't use goonfund anymore?

yep, the form has a place to fill in your Venmo handle, along with any additional comments or contact info you need to get what you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
edit: ^^^^ that works too, up to you OP

vortmax posted:

Cool, since you're fine with this, I need money to help pay my increased utilities. Can I give you my Venmo since I can't use goonfund anymore?

yes I can help with at least some of it, dm me the details (venmo name and how much you need)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

500 good dogs posted:

yes I can help with at least some of it, dm me the details (venmo name and how much you need)

yeah either is fine with me, only benefit to doing it thru the form instead of just PMing people is we're keeping track of which interim donors have fulfilled how much and balancing it out to make sure anyone willing to give until the corporate account gets set up gets fairly "evenly distributed" requests.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

vortmax posted:

if you can’t use goonfund anymore there’s only one person responsible for that, and it’s not the guy you’re angry at

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

yeah either is fine with me, only benefit to doing it thru the form instead of just PMing people is we're keeping track of which interim donors have fulfilled how much and balancing it out to make sure anyone willing to give until the corporate account gets set up gets fairly "evenly distributed" requests.

makes sense

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

500 good dogs posted:

Done

Wheeee posted:

if you can’t use goonfund anymore there’s only one person responsible for that, and it’s not the guy you’re angry at
Oh, bless your heart

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

request fulfilled

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

500 good dogs posted:

request fulfilled
Sincere thanks 😁

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Oops I spent the money on scratch-offs and lost it all. I need more.
(not really but I could have)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i put in a request since my student loans are backed up and i was kinda counting on them while my new job is starting up, hopefully soon i can be a donator

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

rip vortmax, who posted for scratch-offs, but the scratches were like, not even offs

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

he's scratching at the angels in heaven now, for the apple pay compatibility

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It seems like trolling the people literally directly giving you money no strings attached is a textbook case of biting the hand that feeds you, which is usually considered bad, but what do I know

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

whats important is to get revenge (money)

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

drat, that was fast. thanks [GOON PROJECT] planning for an American mutual aid fund run transparently

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Plinkey posted:

nice plan

lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

this mutual aid fund is gonna KICK rear end

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Dustcat posted:

this mutual aid fund is gonna KICK rear end

already does

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

what the hell happened lol

anyway glad to see this is going smoothly and will be ready soon.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

can't believe you guys din't vote lumpentroll into any positions of power and responsibility

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
let me know by pm if anything comes up (non monetary, more time and labor) that needs further help, i'm still willing to help out even though not on the board

im going to unbookmark this and the plinkey thread until then though because im tired of the peanut gallery

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

World Famous W posted:

let me know by pm if anything comes up (non monetary, more time and labor) that needs further help, i'm still willing to help out even though not on the board

im going to unbookmark this and the plinkey thread until then though because im tired of the peanut gallery

you definitely seemed like a good choice, hope you come back in the future

speng31b
May 8, 2010

wanted to make a quick post explaining the mechanics of the "interim" process that's evolved while the corp account is being worked on, for transparency.

open to any questions/thoughts/suggestions of course, should post all that stuff freely here.

- we've collected (and are still collecting) a list of voluntary direct donors. we ask for anyone willing to donate to PM a committee member with what you can do (reasonable $ limit on requests, can you use PayPal or Venmo or both, any other preferences).
- people needing funds submit to Google form in op. when we get a Google form request, whoever sees it first from the committee picks someone from the list of donors to reach out to based on balancing the donation load & donor + recipient capabilities (PayPal vs Venmo, etc)
- If the donor is willing to fulfill the request, we send them just the Venmo or PayPal ID, not the full form submission. So they don't see usernames etc, just "please send X to Y."
- once the request is done we immediately delete the form submission record.
- the only record we're keeping intentionally is who donated how much and when, and it's for donation load balancing purposes.

since the interim process is basically just about smoothly connecting donors to recipients, there's no donation link and no pool of funds being collected.

so from a reporting transparency standpoint we could report some high level info like how much cash has been given out total, or how many donors we have in the pool, and stuff like that if people are interested in seeing it and think it's a good idea. anyways, hopefully the bank account is set up shortly and it's a moot point.

speng31b has issued a correction as of 06:20 on Nov 28, 2022

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Plinkey posted:

nice plan

lol he got ya there

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

for now i think it would be interesting to know:

-how much money has been disbursed
-how many people have gotten money (just a raw number obviously, not asking anyones identity obviously)
-how many, if any, requests are still pending (maybe? i dunno, might be interesting to know but wouldn't want to put pressure on anyone)

also if this puts anyones mind at ease, as someone who has paid out money through this interim process, i can confirm they're only giving out venmo information. no idea which forums users have gotten my money, nor do i want to know!

also for other donors, if your venmo isn't automatically set to private, it's probably good in the interests of privacy and anonymity to make your goon fund venmo payments only visible to you and the recipient.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

speng31b posted:

wanted to make a quick post explaining the mechanics of the "interim" process that's evolved while the corp account is being worked on, for transparency.

open to any questions/thoughts/suggestions of course, should post all that stuff freely here.

- we've collected (and are still collecting) a list of voluntary direct donors. we ask for anyone willing to donate to PM a committee member with what you can do (reasonable $ limit on requests, can you use PayPal or Venmo or both, any other preferences).
- people needing funds submit to Google form in op. when we get a Google form request, whoever sees it first from the committee picks someone from the list of donors to reach out to based on balancing the donation load & donor + recipient capabilities (PayPal vs Venmo, etc)
- If the donor is willing to fulfill the request, we send them just the Venmo or PayPal ID, not the full form submission. So they don't see usernames etc, just "please send X to Y."
- once the request is done we immediately delete the form submission record.
- the only record we're keeping intentionally is who donated how much and when, and it's for donation load balancing purposes.

since the interim process is basically just about smoothly connecting donors to recipients, there's no donation link and no pool of funds being collected.

so from a reporting transparency standpoint we could report some high level info like how much cash has been given out total, or how many donors we have in the pool, and stuff like that if people are interested in seeing it and think it's a good idea. anyways, hopefully the bank account is set up shortly and it's a moot point.

include gambling wins and I think we’re square

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

for now i think it would be interesting to know:

-how much money has been disbursed
-how many people have gotten money (just a raw number obviously, not asking anyones identity obviously)
-how many, if any, requests are still pending (maybe? i dunno, might be interesting to know but wouldn't want to put pressure on anyone)

also if this puts anyones mind at ease, as someone who has paid out money through this interim process, i can confirm they're only giving out venmo information. no idea which forums users have gotten my money, nor do i want to know!

also for other donors, if your venmo isn't automatically set to private, it's probably good in the interests of privacy and anonymity to make your goon fund venmo payments only visible to you and the recipient.

So far $830 has been disbursed to cover 4.5 requests from goons.

We have had 7 people donate or sign up to be personal donors during this time.

We have one request that has been half fulfilled. (At work so I have not checked requests this morning that are pending)

Thank you to speng for keeping track of all of that.

If anyone who has used the form has any suggestions on changes, please feel free to post it here or pm one of the committee members. We have made some changes already based on what we've experienced. As well, to reiterate what speng said - we are only keeping track of money donated and usernames. We are not keeping any other personal info submitted to us.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Really awesome to see this underway, thread should be stickied imo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
small complaint/suggestion: the OP should list the current committee members

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

500 good dogs posted:

small complaint/suggestion: the OP should list the current committee members

done

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

happy to see this fund picking up momentum and sending out money to goons that need it

keep up the good work

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

thank you op

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

really queer Christmas posted:

So far $830 has been disbursed to cover 4.5 requests from goons.

We have had 7 people donate or sign up to be personal donors during this time.

We have one request that has been half fulfilled. (At work so I have not checked requests this morning that are pending)

Thank you to speng for keeping track of all of that.

If anyone who has used the form has any suggestions on changes, please feel free to post it here or pm one of the committee members. We have made some changes already based on what we've experienced. As well, to reiterate what speng said - we are only keeping track of money donated and usernames. We are not keeping any other personal info submitted to us.

Hell yeah - keep up the good work

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vortmax posted:

Oops I spent the money on scratch-offs and lost it all. I need more.
(not really but I could have)

This should be a ban tbh.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm glad for the US goon fund organizers and the work you all are doing.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!

Fsmhunk posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Runa posted:

I'm glad for the US goon fund organizers and the work you all are doing.

this