Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

If it ends up being Bronya like a lot of people are expecting she'll have twin tails as well.
tbf, nahida didnt exactly end up looking like mobius like people were guessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

tbf, nahida didnt exactly end up looking like mobius like people were guessing

Actually a lot of people were expecting Theresa Apocalypse too and they turned out to be kind of right. It started off as Mobius for the placeholder look (probably cause of the green hair and the scholar tone of Sumeru) but shifted over to Theresa after a while and then her being voiced by Yukari Tamura in the Golden Island event in 2.8 kind of finished the switch. Currently Bronya is the placeholder for Tsaritsa in a lot of thumbnails on social media. It could very well end up being a totally original design though

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Dealing with state censors is probably a lot like dealing with regulatory auditors. The last thing you want to do is object to their findings and start a longer conversation on the subject; so it doesn't matter how dumb, inconsistent, or hypocritical their findings are. Just follow-up listing their findings and showing you have complied and then they will go away.

CCP says Jean has too much cleavage so Mihoyo complies and fixes Jean. A smart move. Pointing out characters in other games which have more lewd cleavage would be equally as stupid as pointing to characters in your own game like Yelan or Ganyu and asking why those things okay but not Jean. Doing so would be legendarily stupid. The correct move is to comply with the requests made by the state regulatory agency on age-restriction and they will go away.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Also jesus I swapped in my lv 70 c6 Ben (who i never use) and this kid is absurd. he's on fire. he's a champion.

how is he allowed to exist?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyaawn posted:

Also jesus I swapped in my lv 70 c6 Ben (who i never use) and this kid is absurd. he's on fire. he's a champion.

how is he allowed to exist?

1.0 character brokeness. Quite a few of them are really good and compete with usefulness with 5 star characters.

Bennet, Xingqiu, Xiangling, Fischl, Beidou. Sucrose and Ningguang also bringing up the rear,

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I didn't use her much in the beginning of the game so thinking about Xiangling and her being able to use literally every spear that gets made just makes me chuckle.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

dang, I got a qiqi con about 25 wishes in

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't use her much in the beginning of the game so thinking about Xiangling and her being able to use literally every spear that gets made just makes me chuckle.

One day, pyro will be meta hotness again, and I'll actually attempt to build and learn to use her.

That day is not this day.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My Nahida is critting aoe consistently every like 2 seconds for 27k in my aggravate team while providing EM boosts to the lead character through her burst and passively to the rest of the team through her weapon. She feels so busted.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Honestly I kinda wish they wouldn't make the Tsarita Bronya, even though she primarily got the ice element of the main 3 in Honkai she isn't the herrsher of ice. They currently only have the 3 nations remaining though, so I assume they're just going to slot people in wherever.

Teri's connection to dendro is incredibly tenuous but I did correctly predict that one when the game came out because of the stupid comic. I never heard anyone think Moebius would be the dendro archon but I guess being a scientist she had more of a connection to "knowledge" than Teri, and also has the green color scheme by default.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

If it ends up being Bronya like a lot of people are expecting she'll have twin tails as well.

I mean, Raiden Shogun looks more like Future Mei than normal Mei, and The Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles looks more like Herrscher Of The Void than normal Kiana, so presumably wouldn't The Tsarista look like Future Bronya, with slightly curly hair?
(Edit: oh wow tumblr constantly showing me crappy ads for a game I already play corrected me, I thought her hair was one of the only things in Honkai that is straight)

Radical posted:

Honestly I kinda wish they wouldn't make the Tsarita Bronya, even though she primarily got the ice element of the main 3 in Honkai she isn't the herrsher of ice. They currently only have the 3 nations remaining though, so I assume they're just going to slot people in wherever.

Teri's connection to dendro is incredibly tenuous but I did correctly predict that one when the game came out because of the stupid comic. I never heard anyone think Moebius would be the dendro archon but I guess being a scientist she had more of a connection to "knowledge" than Teri, and also has the green color scheme by default.

Herrscher Of Reason is ice element is the connection for Bronya, I think. That and having 2/3 of the main trio already.

I saw some theorycrafters saying they expected Mobius SOMEWHERE in Sumeru because a decent amount of tech shares her green and gold color scheme, but I didn't see anyone calling her for Archon, I suppose because we were still under the impression that Archons have to be Herrschers and it's probably too late for that for Mobius.

Meanwhile, we have apparently been cheated out of a Herrscher Of Death, and as far as I am aware the other foot on Einstein removing a limiter on Theresa's main battle suit that "doesn't seem to do anything else" has not dropped. It's looking unlikely, but it's not too late for Herrscher Theresa. Also it would be funny to me for Genshin to spoil a surprise in Honkai.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 27, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

1.0 character brokeness. Quite a few of them are really good and compete with usefulness with 5 star characters.

Bennet, Xingqiu, Xiangling, Fischl, Beidou. Sucrose and Ningguang also bringing up the rear,

beidou isnt actually that good tbh. like shes decent but shes not fischl.

and 1.0 also gave us barbara so lets not go crazy here

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We already got another Honkai transfer student JP seiyuu next patch and no one noticed

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
That's the point, before release they didn't get the chance to put the game in real players' hands at scale so they didn't really understand balancing. It's why there were mega-OP characters like bennett and xingqiu but also absolute sinkers like barbara, qiqi, lisa or xinyan (she gets an honorable spot since they probably did most of her design before launch even though she was in 1.1).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I finally did the thing where you have to find all the Aranara. I used this random guide and it had everything:

https://www.gamerbraves.com/guide-genshin-impact-76-aranara-locations-in-sumeru/

Finishing it really is nerve-wracking because you don't know whether you've missed any.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

theres 76 of them!?!?

oh lord

e: I've encountered like four on my own and I was like "oh, surely there's not more than like 15 of these right?"

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 28, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wa ha ha!!!!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If the tsaritsa doesn't end up being a blonde ojou twintail shortstack with drillhair, MHY is doing absolutely everything terribly wrong.

Also, angryboy's signature catalyst seems kind of nuts for any onfield DPS that doesn't rely purely on EM. Seriously tempted to pull it for klee (and heizou), that atkspd bonus would be great on her and she wants to stay onfield for her burst's duration anyway which works great with its scaling DMG bonus too.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

but also absolute sinkers like barbara, qiqi, lisa or xinyan
Putting lisa in the same tier as the disaster of a character kit that is xinyan is rather unreasonable. She's very good at applying electro to a lot of things quickly, that just wasn't terribly useful at launch outside of oceanid since EM/level scaling hadn't had a chance to kick in or have its reactions buffed yet, nor was dendro on the table.

Endorph posted:

beidou isnt actually that good tbh. like shes decent but shes not fischl.
She's arguably as good or better than fish (apart from energy gen) in multi-target envrionments. And she provides a DR shield like XQ.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

idk man xinyan seems pretty fine to me [hastily shoving redthorn under a box out of sight]

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
barbara is good :negative:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

La da da da daaa

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lazy_Liberal posted:

barbara is good :negative:

Buffed fire cube is her moment to shine!

Unfortunately.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Barbara's voice lines were changed to be more sad to reflect her realization that she is garbage.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I can't disrespect Barbara too much because she's so important in the early game. Amber likewise.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Amber is still important because pyro torch puzzles remain a constant of map design. I never used Barbara in the first place because they give you a free Noelle in the starter banner, and she's good enough at healing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i've never used amber because the first person i rolled after noelle was diluc

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I use Barbara because she was my first security blanket healer when I started and I don't like benching anyone for too long once they're developed. She even does incidental damage if you give her an ocean-hued clam. It isn't optimal but optimal play never appealed to me.

I got Chongyun to 90/90 9/9/9 before reading his talent descriptions. I don't have the diligence or basic awareness for optimal play.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Barbara's a:

-Hydro
-Catalyst
-Healer

She's got a hard floor for how bad she can be, and she's still a functional unit despite how hard she tries to reach it. A not too awful 4/10.

Best role: fav codex hyperbloom driver. Second best: hakushin quickbloom driver.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wait no, Candace is like a 4/10. Bump her up to 5/10 I guess :toot:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Is the OP’s guidance on character guides and tier lists still correct, i.e. they’re all garbage? I logged into my old account and am thinking about building to team to continue the main story quest.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Tier lists suck, and the OP is still relevant.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PatentPending posted:

Is the OP’s guidance on character guides and tier lists still correct, i.e. they’re all garbage? I logged into my old account and am thinking about building to team to continue the main story quest.

Well it depends on where you are. World Level, Adventure Rank, talents, weapon levels, etc.

People are better at their niche, if they're not Xiangling, and they don't do well as Jack of trades. Fischl's the best physical damage archer we've got right now and you wouldn't really use her for aimed shots only, Albedo's big damage is in his skill and burst, etc etc.

You can use anyone you like but it helps to know who you like and have to start with. All we know that you have for sure are the traveler and Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, and Noelle .

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Genshin is designed to literally win with anyone, Abyss is the only time thinking matters.

I've seen people clear story with like +7 artifacts and barely leveled talents. It takes longer but nothing is blocking them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you just want to clear the story just go razor + kaeya + barbara + whoever and autoattack people to death. it'll win you the game super easily.

razor is often rated extremely low on tier lists because hes not very good at the slightly challenging content you do twice a month. thats why tier lists are kind of garbage, theyre based off the high end content you barely have to engage with unless you desperately want two or three extra rolls a month. and even if you do want to teambuild for that you're usually better off watching youtube theorycrafters like zajef then rigidly sticking to rando tier lists you find on google.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I used Jeanne/Chongyun/Fischl/whoever, from the looks of it. I’ve got xiangling and venti and I think I’d like to use Mona. Oh, and I got this wind 4* who does martial arts? He seems neat.

I guess I’ll try Jeanne/Mona/Fischl/Chongyun and see how if that gives me enough heals. I have Kokomi but I’m hoping Jeanne’s enough because she’s my most developed character.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Tae posted:

Genshin is designed to literally win with anyone,

I've said I'd before but it's like pokemon. just use the ones you like and let the power of friendship carry you.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PatentPending posted:

tierlists are also kinda useless even if they were generally accurate, cus synergistic team comps are more important than high tier characters. like diona is a way better character than lisa, but as a team of two beidou+lisa is better than beidou+diona

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PatentPending posted:

I used Jeanne/Chongyun/Fischl/whoever, from the looks of it. I’ve got xiangling and venti and I think I’d like to use Mona. Oh, and I got this wind 4* who does martial arts? He seems neat.

I guess I’ll try Jeanne/Mona/Fischl/Chongyun and see how if that gives me enough heals. I have Kokomi but I’m hoping Jeanne’s enough because she’s my most developed character.

Oh that should work just fine. Do Mona's skill to drench everyone, Chongyun's next to freeze them, Fischl's skill and then back to Chongyun. I haven't used a freeze team myself but that should do just fine. If Jean wasn't enough healing then working on Kokomi would be a good idea.

Tae posted:

Genshin is designed to literally win with anyone, Abyss is the only time thinking matters.

I've seen people clear story with like +7 artifacts and barely leveled talents. It takes longer but nothing is blocking them.

That's true, I'm just trying to cover the basics and make sure nobody's making mistakes like me and using a defense hourglass on Ganyu for 3 months.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Oh that should work just fine. Do Mona's skill to drench everyone, Chongyun's next to freeze them, Fischl's skill and then back to Chongyun. I haven't used a freeze team myself but that should do just fine. If Jean wasn't enough healing then working on Kokomi would be a good idea.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

tierlists are also kinda useless even if they were generally accurate, cus synergistic team comps are more important than high tier characters. like diona is a way better character than lisa, but as a team of two beidou+lisa is better than beidou+diona
If anyone's made a tier table that individually rates the synergy between all 1,711 possible two-character pairs, I'd have to respect that at least a little bit.