Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I do genuinely love the way the veteran says "Big man" when talking to the Ogryn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The most bi-polar bolter.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I love the way the Ogryns say "Em-prah".

"Smash the spikies. Make tha Em-prah proud. Simple as."

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
The female Seer Psyker and the Brute Ogryn have a very sweet dynamic going in their interactions.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Is there enough lore out there for the Votann that would justify a Squat being in an Inquisitorial penal battalion? I imagine that would raise Issues considering the Imperium and Kin are legitimate allies, though maybe some Votann being like, exiled expats and then ending up in the rejects due to more crimes would be logical enough

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Kokoro Wish posted:

The female Seer Psyker and the Brute Ogryn have a very sweet dynamic going in their interactions.

Sweet Brute!!! :3:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Is there enough lore out there for the Votann that would justify a Squat being in an Inquisitorial penal battalion? I imagine that would raise Issues considering the Imperium and Kin are legitimate allies, though maybe some Votann being like, exiled expats and then ending up in the rejects due to more crimes would be logical enough

It's not unheard of, you got characters like Grendl Gendlsen, as you do have some Squat running around around the Imperium doing various things.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/AHfqjvI.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/NbxHLxE.mp4

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

toasterwarrior posted:

It's conceivable that the Imperium could have captured a squat and not realized it was xenos rather than a type of abhuman... which technically it is. But in general the Imperium doesn't take xenos prisoners unless it's to interrogate them before execution, or for a Magos Biologis to vivisect them. So those are two other reasons a squat might be imprisoned rather than killed on sight. And beyond that it's not unheard of for inquisitors to have useful xenos as members of their warband/personal retinue.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

There are still squats in the Imperium that are just classified as abhuman citizens
check out the Necromunda squat clans

they ride around in sandcrawlers looking for good sources of scrap metal

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is anyone getting ton of weird flickering screen stuff since the latest patch or is that just me?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cowcaster posted:

is anyone getting ton of weird flickering screen stuff since the latest patch or is that just me?

Yeah I was getting that last night and had no idea why, I think I eventually got it to go away through some combination of changing fullscreen/windowed back and forth?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

I think swapping around operatives every couple maps is really the way to play. Ogryn feels so beefy after coming back to it from say psyker, just slapping maulers down and headshotting reapers with a box of grenades. The stagger on their normal weapons is so big I'm not sure what the purpose of the shield is supposed to be

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I finally hit 25 on Psyker and was very excited to try out the 10% Brain Burst on hit feat, but didn't realize Critical Peril meant anything above 80% instead of just 100%, so I'm functionally never in a position to regularly make use of it since I tend to stay as close to 100% as possible.

It's even more unfortunate because the other options at that tier are extremely underwhelming broadly not something I'm very interested in picking. An earlier post mentioned that Zealot feels like two different classes shoved together, and I think Psyker feels much the same as it currently stands. It might change if Soulblaze is buffed to feel remotely useful, but for now a lot of the interesting talents occupy the same tiers with each other and some potentially cool combos just can't happen because of that.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone who uses the Zealot Judge voice is immediately my enemy.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Dramicus posted:

Unfortunately it's just not likely to happen. The story has you working for the inquisition, who are basically turbo-xenophobes outside of a few very select circumstances.

The most famous inquisitors literally summon daemonhosts to kill daemons. It's a bad idea.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the professional veteran deserves little a exterminatus as a treat

i really hope we get the chance to change voices eventually, if only to allow for variety

the pro.veteran hits some of what i wanted but is a bit too straight laced at times. i love when he buds up with ogryns tho

Dramicus posted:

Unfortunately it's just not likely to happen. The story has you working for the inquisition, who are basically turbo-xenophobes outside of a few very select circumstances.

naw theres entire factions within the inquisition that explicitly team up with and cavort around with xenos and worse. Any team composition is workable fluff wise.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Popete posted:

Darktide 2, you're an Ork Kommando squad fighting against the Imperial Guard.

yes please

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Jerkface posted:

i really hope we get the chance to change voices eventually, if only to allow for variety

the pro.veteran hits some of what i wanted but is a bit too straight laced at times. i love when he buds up with ogryns tho

I'm already wishing I picked a different ogryn voice.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i want to like the Veteran but there's no getting past the fact that my FPS aim absolutely loving sucks :smith:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I'm already wishing I picked a different ogryn voice.

I know I picked the right one every time he struggles to say medicae.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

naw theres entire factions within the inquisition that explicitly team up with and cavort around with xenos and worse. Any team composition is workable fluff wise.

There's a big difference between those factions existing and them being common. The tone of the game with the big focus on everyone being scrutinized and untrustworthy points to a traditionalist inquisitor in charge.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

couple of notes on the force sword special attack after messing around in the psykhanium with it a bit, maybe they're obvious to everyone else except me:

-the charged strike inherits whatever swing you put into it, so doing a heavy swing will do more force attack damage than a light attack

-the force attack also doesn't ignore armor: you'll do more damage force attacking into a mauler's arms/legs than trying to hit them in the head (to the point where it would take two force swings to kill a mauler with headshots with the sword i'm using, but only a single arm hit)

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah its way more efficient to charge and spam light attacks though on something big and close. You can throw out a light attack very quickly after hitting the special button

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Orv posted:

Oh also if you hit a barrel with it the barrel will spread the bleeds to any teammates it hits and eventually instakill them. This is not something I want to do, I'm not the griefing type but it is practically inevitable.

I just tested this with a yellow barrel after we killed the map boss, it didnt work :saddowns:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the game doesnt cache stuff properly so its constantly streaming the different LOD meshes from the hard drive so it runs badly.

thats why you get stuttering when you change weapons or fire a gun or a special jumps on you, bc its suddenly having to load a new sound off the hard disc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Good news everyone; I Abhored The Mutant by having the game crash

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Finally hit a sniper with a stun grenade from 40m away, that one was more difficult to get than it might sound. You just have to get lucky having a sniper appear in a wide open area of the map.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im still wondering how I went from 2/20 Cliffhanger to 12/20, Im still not totally sure how the penance is supposed to work other than its a buncha bullshit to go through for a ratty hood.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Do we have any idea what the numbered value we gain from penances is going to be, if anything? Like is it a currency?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If I had to guess, and i do, I'd say it's just pure gamer score.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

I just tested this with a yellow barrel after we killed the map boss, it didnt work :saddowns:

Alas, I was misinformed. Thought that’s both good and bad news to be fair.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So turns out if the game chooses to spawn infinite shotgunners in the ammo pickup mission, you lose. Not because there are infinite shotgunners, but because the game will instantly knock down anyone you revive once they spawn.

Good game design

e: Also the chainsword is disappointingly lovely compared to just left clicking with a knife

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 28, 2022

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Good news everyone; I Abhored The Mutant by having the game crash

Yesterday Darktide crashed so hard that I no longer had any sound. Not just in-game, but in general. I had to restart my computer

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

PSA: Grenade box can bounce and double kill :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/S0ig9Rq.mp4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lol @ HDB as an ogryn

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

drat, now i cant even log into the hub area without crashing, it was workign fine all day
now i pick my operative and it crashes after a little load

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The 5th class is felinid class.

Bring out all the catgirl/catboy lovers.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

The 5th class is felinid class.

Bring out all the catgirl/catboy lovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I finally hit that mutant on the charge. gently caress that penance.