Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Still not the kind of kit I'd like on the Mini Splatling, but eh, I'll probably still use it over the OG with the Ultra Stamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah that makes me wanna try mini splatling, cos you're more of a threat on a tower than the Splattershot Jr. Worse sub but as a heavy main I've learnt to love bad subs

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I misunderstood what you were saying and thought you meant you could put stickers on weapons, and was heartbroken

Same.

That mini looks neat. Have they only done one weapon from each category? Is a different slosher going to be the only bucket? Fingers crossed for tri-slosher...

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Same.

That mini looks neat. Have they only done one weapon from each category? Is a different slosher going to be the only bucket? Fingers crossed for tri-slosher...

They showed there’ll be the tentatek splattershot, gold aerospray, and the forge pro, which are all shooters.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

unpronounceable posted:

They showed there’ll be the tentatek splattershot, gold aerospray, and the forge pro, which are all shooters.

That scans for shooters cause there's a lot, and the way I see it those are all sub-types. But really we have a mid-range, short-range, and long-range version so I think it still holds.

I'd be more comfortable if other weapon types were shown to have more versions.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Give us more loving stringers and splatanas, I don't want to see another shooter. I want a splatana that's a garden rake or something. Hell give me another brella, I know all brella players are deeply weird but at least its not the Splattershot Mini Pro Minor XL which has -5% shot deviation or whatever

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Deleter posted:

Give us more loving stringers and splatanas, I don't want to see another shooter. I want a splatana that's a garden rake or something. Hell give me another brella, I know all brella players are deeply weird but at least its not the Splattershot Mini Pro Minor XL which has -5% shot deviation or whatever

A new brella would be cool but where could you take the concept? We have a heavy, a medium, and the light (always but weakly shielded). Maybe no shield, fast auto, like a weakened Grizzco, but that's pretty much a shooter at that point. And adding the undercover's no launch ability to the others would probably be rather broken.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I think there's more they can do with launching the brella and how they treat the shield as kind of a secondary sub weapon. There could be brellas that launch faster or always launch instead of letting you close them. The tenta brella launch is kind of like splash wall + curling bomb, so maybe there could be a sprinkler brella or an exploding one

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I like all of those ideas.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I assume they want to see how players adapt to the new weapon classes before additional new weapons and/or kits. There’s plenty of design space for stringers and splatanas.

What I don’t get is yet another shooter, which is so overstuffed with options i imagine any new shooters will either fail to make an impact or render one or more other shooters obsolete.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Pants Donkey posted:

I assume they want to see how players adapt to the new weapon classes before additional new weapons and/or kits. There’s plenty of design space for stringers and splatanas.

What I don’t get is yet another shooter, which is so overstuffed with options i imagine any new shooters will either fail to make an impact or render one or more other shooters obsolete.

The “new” shooter appears to be the original dual squelcher from Splatoon for what it’s worth.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So, in anticipation of a new tri-slosher (and to give myself something to build towards now that my explosher gear is done) I'm thinking of how to go about making the tri-slosher work.

Pilot Goggle (Swim Speed): 2 Speed and 1 Walking Speed
Celeste Sudadera (Ninja Swim): 2 M. Weapon Ink and 1 Sub-Weapon Ink
White Punks (Swim Speed or any shoe with swim speed on it, I don't have any it would seem): 2 Walking Speed and 1 something, probably special charge up or Sub Power up depending on what we get.

The real question is if Ninja Swim is necessary and if not maybe then I'll trade it in for a Swim speed shirt, add one chunk of swim on each article of clothing and then fill it out with the other things I mentioned.

So how crucial is Ninja Swim?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tri-Slosher wants to be slaying, and giving how common chargers are and how map design enables them, I think it’s critical on pretty much everyone but backline weapons. I guess it depends on how aggressive you wanna be, and if it’s more hitting targets already distracted than sharking or ambushing, you could be bold and try something like Quick Respawn, Hidden Super Jump, etc.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So how crucial is Ninja Swim?

a lot of people use it because maps heavily favour anchor weapons right now and ninja squid helps you move across wide open areas without getting sniped by an eliter, but you can also just swim more slowly for the same effect if you'd rather have something else there

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Guess I'll go with Ninja Swim then because there's no way I'll be able to manually control the stick to swim slowly. Though maybe if I swim erratically enough they'll miss? (HA yeah no.)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Guess I'll go with Ninja Swim then because there's no way I'll be able to manually control the stick to swim slowly. Though maybe if I swim erratically enough they'll miss? (HA yeah no.)

If you're on anything that is going to need to move in aggressively the choice is basically Ninja Squid vs Swim Speed. Be able to move without being seen, or move fast enough that they might miss or not look your way soone nough.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is dumb you should just be loading up on full swim speed gear.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This salmon run rotation is the hardest yet imo.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

italian quid posted:

This is dumb you should just be loading up on full swim speed gear.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Stealth is a pretty good deal in a game where 90% of the time if you get the drop on someone and have the slightest idea what you're doing you have them dead to rights. That said, either way can work, but swim speed is useful for more than just that. Gets you into- and out of- the fray faster and all.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Swim speed gets you back in the fight faster, and works even if you killed someone, so it's better than quick respawn
It also lets you move from point to point on the map faster, and isn't restricted to where your teammates are, so it's better than quick superjump, too.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Went back to Anarchy and was 2-2 in my rank up series. Down like 25 points in Splatzones, and in the last like 20 seconds I go crazy, harassing the E-Liter, getting a triple kill, booyah bomb to flip the zone, and holding the zone against the e-liter until regrouping with my team to keep the zone for the win during a lengthy overtime.

Just temporarily possessed by the spirit of someone who knows how to play this game.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm like -700 and it's making me so angry haha

I'm laughing but inside I'm seething that I'm always placed against monster teams

haha

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah I’m going to go full swim. I see the interest in Ninja but when I’m swimming I’m not doing much but moving and it takes too long to get there. While full swim means I get where I want to go faster, and good luck hitting me. Barring a good outfit I’ll just grind chunks.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wild to see a reeflux get through an entire match with just one special upfire :psyduck:

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

unpronounceable posted:

Swim speed gets you back in the fight faster, and works even if you killed someone, so it's better than quick respawn
It also lets you move from point to point on the map faster, and isn't restricted to where your teammates are, so it's better than quick superjump, too.

It also lets you get out of the kill radius of bombs quicker, so it's better than bomb defense up.

And being able to close the gap quicker means you waste fewer shots, so it's better than main ink saver.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

New Carbon Roller with Burst Bombs and Trizooka, so likely a huge upgrade over base kit.

New Splattershot Jr. as well, with Torpedo and Wave Breaker.

All new weapon kits will have corresponding cards added to the card game.

Also, at match start, you can see the song’s name and artist during the intro. No idea if “artist” will be the in-universe band, the real-life human composer, or both. Assuming the fictional artist/band name.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 28, 2022

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
The clip posted to Twitter shows the song as "Clickbait / C-Side" the latter of which is definitely one of the fictional in-universe band names.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pants Donkey posted:

The card for the Tentatek suggests it will get the triple inkstrike, and we’ve already seen it will get splatbombs.

I’m not wowed by the kit, but it’s solid, and I’ll definitely be playing it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

New Carbon Roller with Burst Bombs and Trizooka, so likely a huge upgrade over base kit.

New Splattershot Jr. as well, with Torpedo and Wave Breaker.

Also, at match start, you can see the song’s name and artist during the intro. No idea if “artist” will be the in-universe band, the real-life human composer, or both. Assuming the fictional artist/band name.

I thought autobomb and zipcaster were pretty ok for it? It does stand to become an offensive powerhouse now however. I like that Jr, I won't roll with it often but that's a nice bunch of stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new season. It's basic, but new checklists are fun.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This salmon run rotation is the hardest yet imo.

I actually quite like it, but I do feel some people are struggling with it because it's really hammering the importance of keeping your loving distance. Which is a good lesson for me, I have a tendency in both SR and PVP to charge in and get merked... but apparently so does everyone else.

The Wicked ZOGA fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 28, 2022

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hydra is also great in this map. Take the tower and just snipe everything. You won't deliver eggs but you can lay down so much covering fire that if your team gets it, you'll do fine.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Custom Jr. is Torpedo, Wave Breaker. I am going out of my mind with excitement since I've run jr. for the last month.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

DalaranJ posted:

Custom Jr. is Torpedo, Wave Breaker. I am going out of my mind with excitement since I've run jr. for the last month.

Happy for you, goon! It’s an awesome kit for Rainmaker and Splat Zones. IMO the original kit is better for Tower Control.

The Carbon Deco is terrifying.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
A lot of brush users sure can tap the hell out of ZR

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I thought autobomb and zipcaster were pretty ok for it? It does stand to become an offensive powerhouse now however. I like that Jr, I won't roll with it often but that's a nice bunch of stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new season. It's basic, but new checklists are fun.
I think Carbon isn’t exactly crying out for a new kit like Splattershot Pro or the Dapples, but Zipcaster is a bit undertuned and I dunno if Autobomb is great for something zippy like the carbon roller? I dunno, I don’t play rollers so it may be solid to harass farther away players.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Burst Bomb combos with the flick to splat instantly, so it's a huge upgrade from autobomb.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Oh no, burst is 100% an upgrade; I was just uncertain as to how good autobomb was on Carbon independent of that

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

This is one heck of a great salmon run loadout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
2.0.0 patch notes.