Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CommieGIR posted:

I think the best part is if Elon is staging the Deus Ex version, it shows he took the wrong lessons from those games about Technofascists.

I didn't ask for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Renreeja posted:

If it was just a parrot the joke would not be nearly hardcore enough.

The babylonbee cracks me up cause back in the day my Christian dad would share the cringey yet neutral church jokes from it on facebook, then it all the sudden swung into full chuddom. Did somebodies kid get the keys to the account at some point?

The Babylon Bee was started by Adam Ford, who you may have come across in his webcomic, Adam4Dcomics, an ugly The Oatmeal ripoff that vacillated between jokes for evangelicals and essays in defense of homophobia and misogyny, replete with whining that actually Christians are the oppressed ones.

He at least had the sense to stick to the weird niche jokes, but once it made an audience, some chuds offered to buy it, and he immediately cashed out. Maybe those guys sold it to someone even worse, can’t be asses to check. It was always run by lovely dudes, but it was the latest owner who decided to get rid of all the niche jokes to make room for more procedurally generated transphobia.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
https://twitter.com/OfSymbols/status/1597212891287285760?s=20&t=2O5MUvoB1jHROUZtbLDp0A

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Can someone fill me in on why this lunatic is complaining about psyop now

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597183438779342849?cxt=HHwWgoCj2YL4qqosAAAA

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because he's touched in the head.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Gros Tarla posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597183438779342849?cxt=HHwWgoCj2YL4qqosAAAA

He’s dumb and listens to dumb people.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nothing to worry about when an omnipotent plutocrat starts having paranoid delusions about shadowy figures coming to get him

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Gros Tarla posted:

uh, he's very clearly stealing a meme about someone else complaining about psyop

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I thought he didn't own any property anymore. Is he living in someone's house and shipping himself gamer guns and poo poo for his couch crashing?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With his comedy sized gun in case he needs to shoot them when they come for him.

At least I assume it's for them, he doesn't have "you'll never take me alive" energy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

I thought he didn't own any property anymore. Is he living in someone's house and shipping himself gamer guns and poo poo for his couch crashing?

He's rich, he's "couch surfing" by borrowing a mansion from someone who has many.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
All the people laughing at me on the platform i paid 44 billion for is a psyop.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

He is renting some huge as gently caress mansion for himself. He doesn't ~own a house~ in the same way that your company's CEO doesn't own a car (the fully kitted out Porsche Cayenne is technically the company's car, bought/leased with company money)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s some basic 2bed/2bath style ranch house I see posted a lot that it’s Elon’s “real house”, to show how he’s just humble and like all of us. I don’t know where it started but presumably Elon endorsed it at some point.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

bobjr posted:

There’s some basic 2bed/2bath style ranch house I see posted a lot that it’s Elon’s “real house”, to show how he’s just humble and like all of us. I don’t know where it started but presumably Elon endorsed it at some point.

It's a shack next to space x launch pad.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Meta and Google have actual moderators and not a South African baby boi pissing his pants every 5 seconds.

What is the joke here?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
He could have bought an island paradise with a mansion, a personal amusement park with rollercoasters, a zoo, an arcade and basically all the poo poo MJ had at his Neverland Ranch (+/- the sketchy poo poo) ten times over.

Elon spent $44B to bbe a moderator.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Gros Tarla posted:

It's just his continued regression into his true form: a jackass, know-it-all teenage boy that thinks contrarianism makes him smart.

"Actually, caring about things is bad and dumb" is a cornerstone of that sort of that kind of guy. Accordingly, being a dumb loving teenager, the lack of theory of mind and critical thought means that anyone that DOES care is being insincere.

Funnily, I also associate smug libertarianism, "I'm a Real Gamer" (loving all of us millennials play video games) affectations, and an obsession with the Founding Fathers :patriot: with that fuckin' guy.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

sharknado slashfic posted:

I didn't read the last 1500 posts but mastodon has a series engagement problem if it wants to be the twitter successor beyond the niche server communities that already existed pre Elon. Scrolling through the federated feed (basically showing posts from all different servers) 99% of the posts regardless of content have zero replies and zero boosts (retweets).

Cant imagine people are going to stick very long considering half the point of social media is attention seeking.

What if, and hear me out here, Twitter was always garbage trash that only got popular because journos and celebrities liked it, and we don't need a replacement one?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

bobjr posted:

SpaceX bought out an entire tiny town called Boca Chica in texas to be their new rocket test site. There were no mansions in the town for him to take over. He stays there when he's in Boca Chica doing his iron man cosplay, probably only a few weeks per year.

It's his "real house" in that it's his official place of residence -- texas has no state income tax.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597169327534264320

I shouldn't be surprised he tweeted this out, but here we are

For some reason I kept thinking those cans were like Tecate beer or something because my brain couldn't even process that he was trying to own the libs with Caffeine-Free Diet Coke.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Danger - Octopus! posted:

First thing I thought of when I saw his dorky reddit EDC goon bedside table pic

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ignis posted:

Since no one else has mentioned it, I too fall asleep looking into the dreamy eyes of George Washington as he crosses the Deleware.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/mister_fun_guy/status/1597233939420020736?s=46&t=0p8gmzCuE4kziG_ym7ofDw

StdNormDist
May 2, 2010
A couple of fake guns and the soft drink my parents gave me as a small kid so I could be big like them. And he thinks it's so remarkable that he posts it. Just loving pathetic.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

that just looks like John Romero

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ignis posted:

:lol:

The most Divorced Man in the World

The incels seem impressed though. Has Elon ever talked about MGTOW or Men's Rights before? Seems like his speed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's something he'd probably do.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Why does he need 4 cans of soda and a bottle of water next to his bed anyway? Is he just chugging this stuff in bed or not cleaning up in the morning?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

kazil posted:

Why does he need 4 cans of soda and a bottle of water next to his bed anyway? Is he just chugging this stuff in bed or not cleaning up in the morning?

Most likely not cleaning up.

Which this is a reminder for any goon reading this that they should probably take their cups and cans to the kitchen that are on their desk.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't he claim to sleep 4 hours a day? He's probably getting up because he's full of piss and sweeteners.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He's having trouble finding maids that are hard-core enough.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

goatface posted:

Doesn't he claim to sleep 4 hours a day? He's probably getting up because he's full of piss and sweeteners.

and amphetamines, plus whatever diet pill he's on since those pictures of him on the boat came out. he probably tries to sleep but can't.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Sounds like you're all... triggered!
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1597238994936659976
HA! Gottem

The embed cuts off the poster so whomever can guess which of Elon's new BFFs posted this without clicking through then you win all the liberal tears

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The hiring-to-horse time is just too low. He would have to spend so much time hiring it would interfere with his tweeting.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

goatface posted:

The hiring-to-horse time is just too low. He would have to spend so much time hiring it would interfere with his tweeting.

Sounds like he needs to find someone to manage his hiring to horse pipeline for him. I'm afraid that I have too many morals to take such a position, but I'm sure there's some less than savory Muskite that would do it for him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Steadiman posted:

Sounds like you're all... triggered!
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1597238994936659976
HA! Gottem

The embed cuts off the poster so whomever can guess which of Elon's new BFFs posted this without clicking through then you win all the liberal tears

I don't know about you guys but I sure am trigged by the empty Gamer Girl Piss Jar

That's just wasteful

It really is amazing how Right Wing thought has become so demented they think that showing how pathetic and wierd you are triggers the libs.

Please keep thinking this, I'm very owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

This worked for me on Kerbal Space Program