Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1597221003876175873
Don't forget, Twitter is hiring and all done with firings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Don't forget the wheelbarrow to lug that 50kg of poo poo around like a ninja.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

javi posted:

code:
10 PRINT "ELON IS A POOPY HEAD"
20 GOTO 10

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

javi posted:

Imagine looking a war decorated senior military officer--physically scared from battle--and telling him that he can't possibly command infantry because he can't run anymore.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1597213388681011200?cxt=HHwWgICj7arHuKosAAAA

Ok so where’s your fuckin code Elon

Oh wait I forget he’ll just file off the name of a few submitted screenshots from other employees and say “yeah I did this”

A manager loving around with code is a manager who probably isn't working on handling roadblocks and dealing with bureaucratic poo poo so the devs can actually do their jobs.

There's so much poo poo to handle for bureaucratic processes for most large software enterprises that a manager putting their rusty code skills to use probably means a whole bunch of other poo poo isn't getting done.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1595129298368634880

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

If it was accurate and he liked it, Lonnie would have cropped the author's watermark off the image MEME :lol:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Random thing I've been thinking about was the CEO of Elon's first job did a Q&A and was asked "if you could interview anyone who would it be and what would you ask them?" and his answer was basically "I would interview Elon Musk and ask him how much of his dumber behavior comes from working at a company that YOLOed into an industry they knew nothing about pretending they were hot poo poo and lit a bunch of money on fire."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-pUrB8vf3o

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s kind of amazing it’s even legal to have a self driving AI beta update on the roads as is.

Might as well tell people they need a two drink minimum before they hit the road

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Get ready for car manufacturers to stop issuing recalls for safety problems: "It's a beta test!"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bobjr posted:

It’s kind of amazing it’s even legal to have a self driving AI beta update on the roads as is.

Might as well tell people they need a two drink minimum before they hit the road

gotta outlaw AI on the road first and our government hasnt gotten poo poo done since obama

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Deki posted:

A manager loving around with code is a manager who probably isn't working on handling roadblocks and dealing with bureaucratic poo poo so the devs can actually do their jobs.

There's so much poo poo to handle for bureaucratic processes for most large software enterprises that a manager putting their rusty code skills to use probably means a whole bunch of other poo poo isn't getting done.

Yeah exactly. Managers at the base level are in meetings so the coders can actually code.

Elon is so loving stupid he hasn’t wrapped his mind around having people on a team in a software company that do something other than code.

I’m imagining him buying a game studio next. Nothing but code you miserable peons! What is this “artist” poo poo, sounds woke to me! What do you mean you mostly work in a game engine editor and don’t write code, you’re loving fired buddy

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 28, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I like how all the replies are "If you dont want to work, go somewhere else!" "Good, its weeding out people who don't work!" "Lazy people are the ones being let go. This is business! They need to work and quit being lazy!"

The movie in my head is zooming to each one of these people tapping away on their iphone. Some dude on a street corner holding a homeless sign, a kid in his parents basement, some kid in a college classroom during a lecture. On and on.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Live footage of Twitter HQ rn
https://youtu.be/X5ZpiTGI7D4

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

99% of the time this account is jerking elon off lol

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

davecrazy posted:

Well since they are not organizing and performing job actions against their abusive employer....they have to take all of it.

Almost everyone whose left is an h1b employee who can't really leave since they have only 60 days to find a new job and December is always a terrible month for hiring no matter what the economy. To say nothing of the fact that with immigrants many won't be familiar with the american legal system and the legal systems they are familiar with spans several countries. Its not really saps so much as people who have no other options.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/freemarket/status/1595186568511332353

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They should be fine, IT right now still is a huge gaping maw of endless openings.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597259079587463168

Everyone pointing and laughing at me? Must be a psyop

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seriously why does he think software developers are in such oversupply right now that he can get away with abusing them like this?

Nobody needs to put up with this. He's acting like working for him/Twitter is a huge privilege that they should be paying HIM for. gently caress you Elon, literally any other place would be better and I can get a job by this afternoon, probably for better pay

e:

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Almost everyone whose left is an h1b employee who can't really leave since they have only 60 days to find a new job and December is always a terrible month for hiring no matter what the economy. To say nothing of the fact that with immigrants many won't be familiar with the american legal system and the legal systems they are familiar with spans several countries. Its not really saps so much as people who have no other options.

ugh oh yeah

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
There's no way he isn't trying to get everyone he can to just quit. There's no reason for this insane bullshit. He doesn't do it at tesla/spacex right? This is some kind of idiot plot to speedrun destroying twitter for some reason.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1597257504542838785?s=46&t=8r-bNE3BG_cEvJXA_xThYA

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He isn't doing it on purpose. He's an idiot. SpaceX and Tesla have people whose job is to isolate Elon from the poo poo they do.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Data Graham posted:

Seriously why does he think software developers are in such oversupply right now that he can get away with abusing them like this?

Nobody needs to put up with this. He's acting like working for him/Twitter is a huge privilege that they should be paying HIM for. gently caress you Elon, literally any other place would be better and I can get a job by this afternoon, probably for better pay

e:

ugh oh yeah

He's an immature dipshit that doesn't realize that the hoards of sycophants acting eager to work for him are an amalgam of bots, teenagers, crypto scammers, crypto scammees, and boomers, and all of them with little to no software experience.

And we've got the rare exception like the PlayStation hacking boy wonder who was asking for a one line change to search :hmbol:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kazil posted:

He isn't doing it on purpose. He's an idiot. SpaceX and Tesla have people whose job is to isolate Elon from the poo poo they do.

I feel you are correct but it just makes no sense so my rational brain is fighting against it.

Just stupidly chaotic evil.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kazil posted:

Yup, its this. And shockingly this is true of a lot of CEOs/C-suite people.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

At other companies he owns or controls, there's a layer of management that situates itself between Musk and his most deranged directives. We know SpaceX has a real CEO who does the actual managing and she doesn't take poo poo from him, so things get done. Tesla is a public company with some sensitivity to managerial practices that aren't too insane, though it's clear that he has a freer hand there (and it shows in build quality, bizarre features, odd choices like the S3XY model line). Musk is treating Twitter like his own private fiefdom answerable to no one except the worst dredges of the internet; anyone who might have been able to rein him in was fired literally the first day he arrived.

Let's be clear, he's always been incredibly manic, impulsive, and clearly idiotic. But he's had responsible people who can filter or deflect his brain droppings with some effort. No safety net exists for Twitter, so we're seeing the full "genius" at work here. And it's ugly as poo poo.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

priznat posted:

There's no way he isn't trying to get everyone he can to just quit. There's no reason for this insane bullshit. He doesn't do it at tesla/spacex right? This is some kind of idiot plot to speedrun destroying twitter for some reason.

The reason is that Elon thinks that “code” is the only metric of success in a web platform company.

I think he also believes himself to be centrist despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

Self delusion and stupidity are a fun cocktail.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

priznat posted:

I go back and forth between "he's taking his emasculation-rage out on twitter employees with no interest in staying in business" and "he actually thinks this is an effective way to run a company because disruption==progress".

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

SpaceX and Tesla also both have loving awful, toxic work environments based on burning people out and destroying them as fast as possible. With the insulation. If they weren't there, SX would have killed some people with a Crew Dragon by now, and there would be multiple deaths/day at the Tesla factory.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

kw0134 posted:

At other companies he owns or controls, there's a layer of management that situates itself between Musk and his most deranged directives. We know SpaceX has a real CEO who does the actual managing and she doesn't take poo poo from him, so things get done. Tesla is a public company with some sensitivity to managerial practices that aren't too insane, though it's clear that he has a freer hand there (and it shows in build quality, bizarre features, odd choices like the S3XY model line). Musk is treating Twitter like his own private fiefdom answerable to no one except the worst dredges of the internet; anyone who might have been able to rein him in was fired literally the first day he arrived.

Let's be clear, he's always been incredibly manic, impulsive, and clearly idiotic. But he's had responsible people who can filter or deflect his brain droppings with some effort. No safety net exists for Twitter, so we're seeing the full "genius" at work here. And it's ugly as poo poo.

Feeling bad for all the poo poo that middle/upper management gets is not something I expected from this saga.

No really think about it. Think about middle/upper management's real job at SpaceX: extract funding from a spoiled manchild whose grasp of tech and physics and society seems largely derived from his half-baked understandings of 90's and 00's scifi.

But hey also I actually hung out with a SpaceX employee recently and he explicitly said he wishes he had "a life and hobbies" and "I don't play video games much anymore" because of work. So even with this insulation, it's still a job I'd never loving take. No paycheck is big enough for me to give up time with my loved ones or doing the things I love.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

SLOSifl posted:

I love the idea that code is like valuable ore.

Everyone deposit your code in the bin before you leave. Once it fills up we'll put it in the code warehouse and anytime you need some code you can grab it from there. If everyone contributes as much code as possible, we won't need programmers at a certain point, and can focus on assembling the stockpile of code into whatever we need.

Frisking programmers at the end of the day so they can't smuggle valuable code out and sell it to competitors :tinfoil:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

tight aspirations posted:

Frisking programmers at the end of the day so they can't smuggle valuable code out and sell it to competitors :tinfoil:

Neuralink check stations on the way out every evening

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Decon posted:

Feeling bad for all the poo poo that middle/upper management gets is not something I expected from this saga.

No really think about it. Think about middle/upper management's real job at SpaceX: extract funding from a spoiled manchild whose grasp of tech and physics and society seems largely derived from his half-baked understandings of 90's and 00's scifi.

And then trot him out to the media like some deranged mascot who might start dropping wildly ambitious promises about products or, at this current Musk Mask Off era, start spouting ethnic slurs.

MrQwerty posted:

SpaceX and Tesla also both have loving awful, toxic work environments based on burning people out and destroying them as fast as possible. With the insulation. If they weren't there, SX would have killed some people with a Crew Dragon by now, and there would be multiple deaths/day at the Tesla factory.

When I lived in the Bay Area 5 years ago, tech folks still wanted to buy and did buy many Teslas, but it was an open statement that you should never ever ever work there. Miserable on a level nobody can cope with.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Philthy posted:

I like how all the replies are "If you dont want to work, go somewhere else!" "Good, its weeding out people who don't work!" "Lazy people are the ones being let go. This is business! They need to work and quit being lazy!"

The movie in my head is zooming to each one of these people tapping away on their iphone. Some dude on a street corner holding a homeless sign, a kid in his parents basement, some kid in a college classroom during a lecture. On and on.
I've been poking around out of curiosity of who's still riding elon's dick at this point and, if they post a job on their profile at all, they seem to be bullshit investors and real estate agents. There also just seems to be a lot of fanfiction reality writing starting from the premise elon's infallible and warping everything around that, like, MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T SPEND 6 HRS A DAY DYING YOUR HAIR NEON STRAWBERRY PURPLE AND TWEETING PICTURES OF WOKE CATS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN FIRED FOR BAD CODING kinda poo poo.

One dude claimed to have worked like 60-80 hrs a week as a grocery manager or something and one of the replies was like "that's nuts and I'm surprised the company paid that much overtime" only to have the guy come back and say the equivalent of "no, salaried pay is a thing that exists, idiot :rolleyes:" as if that makes it loving better.

The guy who rose the tweet character limit getting laid off, rehired for being critical, then fired for "code review" makes me think it's all a show to reduce severance or sidestep some employment law.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

yook posted:

I've been poking around out of curiosity of who's still riding elon's dick at this point and, if they post a job on their profile at all, they seem to be bullshit investors and real estate agents. There also just seems to be a lot of fanfiction reality writing starting from the premise elon's infallible and warping everything around that, like, MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T SPEND 6 HRS A DAY DYING YOUR HAIR NEON STRAWBERRY PURPLE AND TWEETING PICTURES OF WOKE CATS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN FIRED FOR BAD CODING kinda poo poo.

One dude claimed to have worked like 60-80 hrs a week as a grocery manager or something and one of the replies was like "that's nuts and I'm surprised the company paid that much overtime" only to have the guy come back and say the equivalent of "no, salaried pay is a thing that exists, idiot :rolleyes:" as if that makes it loving better.

The guy who rose the tweet character limit getting laid off, rehired for being critical, then fired for "code review" makes me think it's all a show to reduce severance or sidestep some employment law.

Yeah there's this weird idea that Salary is somehow deserving of unpaid overtime.

Nope, Salary is a 40 hour work week, anything else more than that is exploitation.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dying from Elon's murderbot to own the libs, while praising Elon

Like maybe don't risk your life and others on some bug infested program just to please your Business Overlord?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Taeke posted:

Dude should be on suicide watch when it happens

Nah, let's just leave him to his own devices.

The_Franz posted:

WTF is the insult with "mommy milker mac n cheese"? Is breastfeeding a liberal thing now while good, right-wing patriots buy formula from giant conglomerates?

Kinda touched on before but 'mommy milkers' was a joke meme that came about when someone took a photo of her and her daughter at the beach and the world was shocked to see that Nancy had a pair of absolutely massive hangers.

Decon posted:

And we've got the rare exception like the PlayStation hacking boy wonder who was asking for a one line change to search :hmbol:

Playstation boy went from "I can fix all your code for free in 12 weeks, sir!" to asking the world on Twitter to rewrite the search engine for him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When I worked in retail there were a lot of managers who would salaried but would work a ton of extra time to look good for a promotion.

They never would get it mostly because the higher ups saw someone who’d do extra work for free basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The whole thread is absolute insanity

https://twitter.com/tpgoebel/status/1595143844169142273?t=iTmrIbRgK1tkzps3XnjHIQ&s=19

Your car is literally trying to kill you and other people around you, STOP USING THE FEATURE