Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I never know what to do with them so I usually post either here or in the horror thread that I have one and if anyone wants it they can PM. I'd love a thread somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Iron Crowned posted:

Why not both?

Dracula Sucks would fit the bill, but I'm also really interested in Schizoid/X-Ray double pack too.

Xenomrph posted:

I have a huge stack of digital movie codes, what’s the best way to sell them?

I sell them here in SA-Mart

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Knowing now that people resell digital codes, kinda makes me less inclined to freely post them. I'll just assume if nobody thanks me then they got snagged by a lurker with a big bunch of codes that they swiped for reselling.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

King Vidiot posted:

Knowing now that people resell digital codes, kinda makes me less inclined to freely post them. I'll just assume if nobody thanks me then they got snagged by a lurker with a big bunch of codes that they swiped for reselling.

all of my codes are ethically sourced from my own copies of movies. I've got the nintendo stamp of approval.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

If you were giving them away to begin with what does it matter if someone turns it into like $3?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Just handbrake the disc and make your own digital copy tbh

I don't trust any service to maintain rights for any real length of time anymore

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I dunno, I look at it like when people go around my redneck town with big trailers on the back of their pickups taking all the good poo poo that people are throwing away, just piling it up in a heap to resell it. Instead of, you know, it going to people who would actually use and appreciate it.

No harm in it, I guess, but :shrug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

King Vidiot posted:

I think an honest lurker could redeem the code way faster than a nefarious lurker could sell it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh sweet the Infernal Affairs set is out. I already spent too much money on Black Friday stuff but I’m gonna buy that too.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

I think an honest lurker could redeem the code way faster than a nefarious lurker could sell it.

This is true. Unless it’s like a pretty big release a lot of my codes have been sitting around for awhile. There’s also the fact they expire too (tho recently I did decide to just redeem a code for a Godzilla 2 pack of movies I got back in 2016 and was set to expire in 2018 but it still redeemed just fine, it’s a real crapshoot. I just had someone buy the Godfather 2 code I had but for whatever reason when they went to redeem the code was expired despite it coming from this new 4K steel book I just bought brand new).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

Instead of selling them you should post them in here with the titles obscured.

Unironically agree. Funniest thing I’ve ever seen

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

Dracula Sucks would fit the bill, but I'm also really interested in Schizoid/X-Ray double pack too.

I sell them here in SA-Mart

Yeah, Dracula Sucks started off promising, then turned boring IMHO

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CelticPredator posted:

Unironically agree. Funniest thing I’ve ever seen

Oops! All Morbius!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Hint: Knock knock, open up the door it's real!

vv X... gon' give it to ya!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 27, 2022

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

King Vidiot posted:

Hint: Knock knock, open up the door it's real!

Just sold this code for $7

(I didn't actually do that. Thanks for the copy of X!)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

my unwatched pile has gotten stupidly big

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I yearn for the days of only having ~20 Unwatched

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://letterboxd.com/twilightsporkle/list/movie-collection/

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Gripweed posted:

prioritize Liquid Sky, Cherry Moon, and Heavy Metal

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Just throw Jupiter Ascending in the trash.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

That’s alright, we all have them*…

*not pictured, my VinSyn order from this weekend that is just going to make the pile too high.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
my unwatched pile is a whole dang bookcase of movies

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

MacheteZombie posted:

my unwatched pile is a whole dang bookcase of movies

:hai:

I didn't even bother shooting a photo. And I LOVE shooting photos. Too much work, too damned depressing

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You guys watch your movies?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Day 1’d the Bergman set… haven’t touched it. I have a bad habit of actually sitting down for a movie at home. Big fan of theaters because of the focus.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

3rd Columbia set down to $72 on Amazon. Grabbed it for my pops’ birthday!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

3rd Columbia set down to $72 on Amazon. Grabbed it for my pops’ birthday!

Can't imagine we'll be getting many more of these Columbia sets if they're going for such a discount so soon after release.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Liar Lyre posted:

Rookie mistake

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Liar Lyre posted:

New thread title?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I actually watch every movie I buy. I have I think somewhere in the range of 500 blu rays/uhds and I've watched them all almost without exception. When I get a new one it typically gets watched within days, that's part of the fun of buying it!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I watch the big ones I actually want to watch, but with every big sale there's usually one or two I really want and then a few I'll blind buy on impulse that may or may not even get watched. If I buy a single blu ray, not from a sale, it'll get watched almost immediately after I get it because I bought it purely with the intent of watching it ASAP.

If I buy a movie I've already seen, watching it right away will depend on why I bought it. Seasonal movie? Wait until it's in-season. Movie I somehow didn't already own that I had the urge to watch? Watch right away. :shrug:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm sad I couldn't get Righting Wrongs. Oh well.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
belly is getting a 4k release. catalog thankfully so i'll pick it up when it's 10 bucks, because hype couldn't write for poo poo but malik sayeed was on top of the late 90s music video visuals... and that's basically what belly is

e: lionsgate has been pretty solid in terms of uhd stuff so far, but seeing how quickly res dogs/everything everywhere all at once dropped in price i wouldn't preorder

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 28, 2022

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

zer0spunk posted:

belly is getting a 4k release. catalog thankfully so i'll pick it up when it's 10 bucks, because hype couldn't write for poo poo but malik sayeed was on top of the late 90s music video visuals... and that's basically what belly is

e: lionsgate has been pretty solid in terms of uhd stuff so far, but seeing how quickly res dogs/everything everywhere all at once dropped in price i wouldn't preorder

WHAT.

I love Belly.

Ahead of its time in every single regard. Most movies are trying to achieve a 10th of what it did in 1998.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

dorium posted:

WHAT.

I love Belly.

Ahead of its time in every single regard. Most movies are trying to achieve a 10th of what it did in 1998.

I think it's sick in terms of visuals; the method man shootout is etched into my brain 25 years later. I highly doubt it holds up at all script-wise, not to mention it's one of the dumbest endings on film (RIP dmx :( )

e: that's not a movie spoiler, thats a RIP irl, dmx is great in this. Nas..is not a good actor, as we all learned. Even t boz acts circles around him. Here's my actual spoiler criticism I remember really hating that last DMX/rev interaction when he sneaks into his place, it was clumsy as hell which sucks because the redemption arc should have been solid..and then everything after that is pretty lame too.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 28, 2022

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I just need the rest of gondry, spike jonze and then one hour photo and I can have a nice little shelf section called "remember when people actually made interesting music videos and then got to make a movie(s)"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, it’s an extremely boring ending, which is crazy because it has probably one of the best openings committed to film.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
It will make a killer double feature with that new 4k criterion of menace II society, which is more or less a precursor with a better plot down to the music video pedigree

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Vinegar Syndrome sent a follow-up e-mail... ended up adding Cloak & Dagger UHD to my other 2. Bastards got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I keep thinking about Cloak & Dagger, but its been so long since I've seen it.