Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That ult already sounds miserable to play against. Putting down an AoE that persists as long as players are within it is one thing, but having an AoE aura that persists is like MMO raid boss game poo poo where you learn an encounter then reposition the boss in a scripted manner, not first person shooter poo poo.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone on the dev team has even played other shooters before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Overwatch 3: we've removed most slows as they make the game less fun

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Is it just me or are the servers bananas unstable too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sleep dart the ulting Ramattra. I assume/hope Sombra's hack/EMP also interrupts it as well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Is it just me or are the servers bananas unstable too.

I'm assuming it's because of the Thanksgiving weekend but yeah they're rough.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I know that it doesn't matter and there's like half a dozen active villains playable but isn't ramattra like the head of a guerilla/terrorist movement that's currently active and fighting Overwatch?

I know I know, we already have an assassin and a crime lord that are doing the same thing, but still.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Countblanc posted:

headshots normally do 2x right? it looks like that's what this does - he shoots the cassidy and zen for the same duration and the cassidy goes to just above half health. i assume the "increased damage on a headshot" line is simply pointing out that it can headshot, which is not universally true for projectile/beams (I'm honestly not sure which of these that is lol)

It's the latter, as half the tanks can't crit and beams also normally can't. It's just written poorly - he should have just said "it can headshot"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teagone posted:

Sleep dart the ulting Ramattra. I assume/hope Sombra's hack/EMP also interrupts it as well.

What does Sombra's hack interrupt even? Because I know for sure it doesn't stop things like Hog's or Genji's ults or Orisa's Fortify.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 28, 2022

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

teagone posted:

Kiriko can just suzu the sleep

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Chillgamesh posted:

Kiriko can just suzu the sleep

The real question is whether this turns the ultimate back on or not. From the sounds of it, it'll be considered a Transformation ultimate, so it'll just pop right back if he's woken up. Which sucks because it sounds ridiculously powerful.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Been on a competitive run lately, 11-1 in the last 12 with the sole loss being a classic case of game doesn't start well, DPS vents at the tank, tank decides to sit in a corner until disconnecting. Felt very good until I poked around my match history and apparently in competitive this season, with that winning run of games, I still have ten more losses than wins at gold 2. Whoops

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

What does Sombra's hack interrupt even? Because I know for sure it doesn't stop things like Hog's or Genji's ults or Orisa's Fortify.

Moira ult. Reaper ult. Mercy res. Some other poo poo. It's super inconsistent with what it interrupts, I agree, lol.

[edit] I think it can interrupt Rein shatter? Also interrupts Sombra EMP, which is funny.

teagone fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 28, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It interrupts anything considered a channeled effect but not things considered transformations. This was one of the buffs roadhog got in OW2, his ult was changed from the former to the latter

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Countblanc posted:

It interrupts anything considered a channeled effect but not things considered transformations. This was one of the buffs roadhog got in OW2, his ult was changed from the former to the latter

That makes sense, but the game could be more clear about it.

[edit] Oh wait, so if Ram's ult is a transformation.......

lmao.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

teagone posted:

That makes sense, but the game could be more clear about it.

[edit] Oh wait, so if Ram's ult is a transformation.......

lmao.

Bastion is now also a transformation and not a channeled ability, so yeah, Rammatra can probably only be interrupted from his block.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Being able to stop shooting and hook or heal during Roadhog ults kicks so much rear end

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
man matchmaking has been just terrible today. three games in a row with people running in one by one and dying, and the last game against a bare-minimum masters widow in a mid-plat match. just brutal.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
"ok, we've got this. Reaper, you have ult, we just need to win one fight. When you ult, make sure you're not ulting right in front of the d.va, or wait until our hog hooks her, or if she's far away"

friends can you guess what the Reaper did

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
won the game?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

verbal enema posted:

won the game?

yes!

for the other team!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
and them a doomfist who somehow found a way to die eighteen times when the next-highest death count was twelve!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Pattonesque posted:

"ok, we've got this. Reaper, you have ult, we just need to win one fight. When you ult, make sure you're not ulting right in front of the d.va, or wait until our hog hooks her, or if she's far away"

friends can you guess what the Reaper did

It doesn't surprise me that Dva can eat that ult, but it does surprise me that one did, either from catching it in time or from Reaper positioning it that poorly.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pattonesque posted:

and them a doomfist who somehow found a way to die eighteen times when the next-highest death count was twelve!

That was me

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

there's nothing worse than watching your tank feed over and over and over and over. might as well just give up at that point.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I need to switch my ISP if I wanna play ranked. AT&T just drops me at random times and I don't wanna be banned for something outside of my control.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Happens to me too. I think it's a server problem.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Naw, I lose my entire Internet. It's just the lovely company doing lovely company things.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

It doesn't surprise me that Dva can eat that ult, but it does surprise me that one did, either from catching it in time or from Reaper positioning it that poorly.

He literally slowly wraithed up to her, waited a second after exiting it, and then ulted

like he made it as easy as humanly possible for her to do this. I'm in awe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

there's nothing worse than watching your tank feed over and over and over and over. might as well just give up at that point.

after the match he friended me and started screaming about how he decided to lose on purpose because our team was like "hey man don't go in 1v5, we can help you"

the average OW pubbie has the emotional resilience of an infant

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Pattonesque posted:

after the match he friended me and started screaming about how he decided to lose on purpose because our team was like "hey man don't go in 1v5, we can help you"

I love when you're in a match and there's some dickhead who you call out for being a troll or maybe you completely dominate if they're on the enemy team so they've been insulting you the whole time and they add you after the match. Like yea I'm totally going to accept the request so you can hurl even more abuse at me.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you should be able to send Enemy Requests that function identical to Friend Requests, but are more honest

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Why the gently caress would anyone accept a friend request from someone antagonistic toward them?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone accept a friend request from someone antagonistic toward them?

I do that sometimes to tell them that no one actually loves them, that at best they're tolerated, and that deep down they know this and that's why they lash out

but only if they're real dickheads

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I once got really annoyed at a feeding winston who was spammimg the i need healing button when i was on ana and i flamed him in match chat and he added me and i accepted it expecting to cop it and i was revved up to give him a spray and he said 'sorry for spamming i need healing. For some stupid reason i bound it to melee when i was drunk' and now we play together regularly

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I think the majority of the people that I add started out as the other team.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Pattonesque posted:

I do that sometimes to tell them that no one actually loves them

nice dude

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Inept posted:

nice dude

it's just the racists and the like who get that

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1597392607617126400

no more 50% enemy damage reduction -- looks like that was a communication error

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I will now solve two of the game's shittiest problems at once:

Back filling should give you currency for unlocks.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Had a great QP game yesterday where our soldier was a piece of poo poo, our other DPS was super friendly to make up for it, our Mercy was a new player who barely knew what the heal beam did, and the opposing Ana was fun. The whole game had a really casual air about it that I've not seen since TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

If someone flat-out goes "I am new" in QP it's time to chill, muck about, and all take the piss out of the tank who has become furious and gone "I CAN'T CARRY 1 VS 6". Nice maths, mate.

Still not as much ribbing as the guy who was so cross he mis-typed "diff" as "figg" got though