Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They have...snake...mines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Trapick posted:

It's probably a stainless steel mixing bowl that gets washed with scalding hot water and soap, it's not like it has some kind of memory. People are worrying about nothing.

Yeah I truly don't get the issue here -- Kids are really, really bad about guessing when/where they're gonna puke, and it's not like you can force them to sit in the bathroom all day when they're sick. So you have a bowl next to them while they lie on the couch and watch TV or whatever and barf into that rather than on the floor.

I suppose you could use a bucket or trash can or whatever, but, like, soap and water and dishwashing machines exist?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:allears:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I don't follow. Diamondback snakes are American, the .357 magnum cartridge was designed in America, and the in-game corporation that made it has "mustang" in the name.

Diamonds champ. A lot of diamonds come from South Africa.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What other disgusting things do you have to do because of children. Second question: how's the tuition fund coming along

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah I truly don't get the issue here -- Kids are really, really bad about guessing when/where they're gonna puke, and it's not like you can force them to sit in the bathroom all day when they're sick. So you have a bowl next to them while they lie on the couch and watch TV or whatever and barf into that rather than on the floor.

I suppose you could use a bucket or trash can or whatever, but, like, soap and water and dishwashing machines exist?

You don't understand people imagining spiritual contamination? What do you think racism is? People are defending being racist towards bowls and it's todays problem on american twitter

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Roblo posted:

Diamonds champ. A lot of diamonds come from South Africa.

Oh, it was just a lovely pun

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

You don't understand people imagining spiritual contamination? What do you think racism is? People are defending being racist towards bowls and it's todays problem on american twitter

i would simply sit down these people having strange ideas, and calmly and rationally explain to them why their ideas are bad

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Putting aside the important topic of hygenic bowl racism, a bucket is clearly the superior place to vomit if only for splash containment.

https://twitter.com/GeneWeigel/status/1597252012881506305
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1597248261227962371

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

How big of a bowl are we taking here? I would not trust even my largest of bowls to contain the volume, nor the velocity, of my vomit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lobok posted:

How big of a bowl are we taking here? I would not trust even my largest of bowls to contain the volume, nor the velocity, of my vomit.

gah jesus chrsit

zoux has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Nov 28, 2022

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

@unmumsymum

yeesh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's the op of the sick bowl tweet

The Fiesta Sick Bowl, brought to you by Tostitos

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

zoux posted:

That's the op of the sick bowl tweet

The Fiesta Sick Bowl, brought to you by Tostitos

this one's for all the (regurgitated) tostitos

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
All y'all who're like 'well it's washed it's fine' I'm going to take a poo poo in a glass, show it to you, wash it, then hand it back full of water so you can drink it.

I think if my friends ever admitted that sort of of thing to me I'd never use their kitchenware ever again.

Edit: And who uses a bowl?? Buckets are cheap, large, hide it from plain sight, and also - you don't eat from them

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

YOU don't, maybe.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Our sick "bowl" was a yellow-beige tub that the hospital used to give you. I think it came home with my mother after she had kidney surgery. That or after I had my tonsils out. It may have even been intended as a sick bowl at the hospital!

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Morpheus posted:

All y'all who're like 'well it's washed it's fine' I'm going to take a poo poo in a glass, show it to you, wash it, then hand it back full of water so you can drink it.

I think if my friends ever admitted that sort of of thing to me I'd never use their kitchenware ever again.

Edit: And who uses a bowl?? Buckets are cheap, large, hide it from plain sight, and also - you don't eat from them
Buckets and trash bins with a plastic bag are obviously the best idea, sure.

You know people have raw chicken on plates, cut it with knives on cutting boards, etc. and then clean them off and use them for apples or whatever, right? If your poo poo-glass is *properly* cleaned then yah it's fine dude. We eat and drink from steel and glass and ceramic so we can actually clean them well.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I just puked on my mom like god intended

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I use a trash can.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Captain Monkey posted:

I eat out of a trash can.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Listen, it's simple. If a dude shits/pisses/pukes/cums in a vessel, I would not like to use that vessel going forward. Because even if it's clean my brain remembers, and now I'm eating cereal out of a 100% sterile bowl while thinking about the time a dude took a poo poo in it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I'm not made out of loving bowls, alright! Also Alton Brown says unitaskers are bad, gotta use those bowls for multiple things

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1597017724139737090
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597290422375587840

Interesting marketing strategy from the worlds smartest man.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The only good thing he could do with the platform would be to make any @tim_apple mentions redirect to Cook’s account.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Gonna laugh my rear end off if dragging Tim Apple into a Twitter shitfest / slap fight causes him to have Twitter delisted from the app store.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh it's been heading that way already and he clearly thinks it's imminent. I assume that this is him thinking he is creating an amazing predicate for going after Tim Apple for free speech issues and not that they don't want apple associated with hitler.com

No worries though, Musk has the contingencies all figured
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596268804413476864

(this is from three days ago, I assume he's known for about a week that Apple is talking about delisting Twitter)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Like someone else said, I'm sure that Tesla phone will come out right around the same time as the Cybertruck and the hyper loop

And it'll catch fire more than a Galaxy S7

Edit: lmfao the original post was posted using "Twitter for iPhone"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The man builds rockets to Mars!*

*ps there are no rockets to mars

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

More like Tim Cuck. Dude is so beta. He's only the CEO of one company? lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597301968208556032

Oh my god he's setting himself on fire

https://twitter.com/Forever_Wario/status/1597300159230390273

Seems like this is already a done deal, because he's throwing a public tantrum instead of getting on his knees and begging Tim Cook not to kill his app and wipe out his fortune.

zoux has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Nov 28, 2022

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Sent from Twitter for iPhone

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

TinTower posted:

Sent from Twitter for iPhone

Oh so that’s why they pulled the plug on the platform thing.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I understand something like this happening, but not broadcasting it to the entire world where it can be archived and seen for decades.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I understand something like this happening, but not broadcasting it to the entire world where it can be archived and seen for decades.

Mmmh, perhaps I have misunderstood the purpose of social media and the internet in general all this time?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Your Gay Uncle posted:

At least think of your kids! They're going to spend years living this down

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

gah jesus chrsit

How often were they taking urine samples to the doctor? I think I've had to give one once and I peed in a cup they gave me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

At least think of your kids! They're going to spend years living this down

Oh, did the grink also have a puke bowl

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/VictoryDanceOfc/status/1597120282933985281?s=20&t=1uXcpLackgMASabhx5hBvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the point of home birth if you aren't going to constantly bring it up

zoux has a new favorite as of 20:50 on Nov 28, 2022