Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you had to pick two guardians to center on, those are the best ones, regardless of price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Was the fact that Mantis is Peter's sister revealed somewhere before the Holiday special? It just seemed so matter of fact when it was dropped near the beginning, I feel I missed a post credits or TV show somewhere

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
It was kind of implied in GOTG2 but never explicitly stated

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It won’t be on Netflix for almost a month, but I saw Glass Onion in theaters today. Very good, but not as tightly plotted as Knives Out (though I guess that’s kind of the point). Definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed Knives Out though.

Loved that the entire thing is built around an audience expectation of an elaborate and convoluted murder mystery when the real answer is as dumb and blatant as its suspects.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof counting money

Lindelof is good.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Medullah posted:

Was the fact that Mantis is Peter's sister revealed somewhere before the Holiday special? It just seemed so matter of fact when it was dropped near the beginning, I feel I missed a post credits or TV show somewhere

No, but it makes sense.

I'm a big MCU fan in general, but wasn't super feeling the Holiday Special. Felt a little too hokey and unnecessary. And it introduced a major character in a very unassuming way, and waved away some incidents from Infinity War too easily in conversation.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Lindelof is good.

/Laughs in cowboys vs aliens / Prometheus / world war z

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Prometheus is good

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just finished Westworld Season 4 man that was whack

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Maxwell Lord posted:

Prometheus is good

Yeah Prometheus kicks rear end

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just finished Andor. Great series... not entirely sure I felt the last episode was great, but overall loved the series. I loved the buildup of the marchers in the last episode and the riot/rebellion was interesting. But I kinda felt like none of the main characters really... did anything? I mean we see Mon for a bit right at the end for something we knew would happen so no new stuff there. Cassian just sort of shows up and... easily saves Bix and walks away. Luthan and others just do some mild observing. I don't know... the momentum felt like it just sort of never really went any where after the riot started.[spoiler]

I loved the little after credits scene. [spoiler] I love the idea that the whole time they're building just a little hinge for part of the death start. Just gives a great insight into the scale of everything - and sort of analogs to the scale of the rebellion.

Is that the only episode that has after credits stuff?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

/Laughs in cowboys vs aliens / Prometheus / world war z

The worst any of those are is "fine"

Tiny Timbs posted:

I'm glad they put it out of it's misery.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Man have asses fallen

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Sometimes poo poo just happens

And I like to see that reflected on the screen

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

Prometheus is good

Incredibly goofy and stupid, but ultimately really entertaining

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Tiny Timbs posted:

the final game was the brain pearls we squished along the way

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

No, but it makes sense.

I'm a big MCU fan in general, but wasn't super feeling the Holiday Special. Felt a little too hokey and unnecessary.

I'm a grinch because this is how i feel about most every holiday specials

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I liked the holiday special. It was very stupid tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

I'm a grinch because this is how i feel about most every holiday specials

Christmas albums are worse. Literally the only good Christmas album is the one Low did

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

precision posted:

Christmas albums are worse. Literally the only good Christmas album is the one Low did
Wrong!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

precision posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zo1sGtBceI

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together is very, very good.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

precision posted:

Savatage pulled a Christmas song so legendary they formed an off-shoot Christmas "orchestra."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

We Three Kings by The Roches is an all-timer.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Herb Alpert christmas album is also a masterpiece.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I like mannheim steamroller lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Great the Christmas likers have logged on :jerkbag:

Seriously tho I actually hasn't heard most of those. The bright eyes one is really bad tho

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I watched Slow Horses, it was cool.

edit watching Shetland now

i got a brit box subscription

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 29, 2022

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

precision posted:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I know this isn't everyone's type of show, but the third season of Bravo's Family Karma is currently airing on Peacock, and it's one of Bravo's most enjoyable yet wholesome shows. It focuses on several Indian American families in Miami. What makes the show different from other reality shows is that the families have all known each other for decades, so there is a lot of history amongst everybody. The leads of the show are the children in their 20s and 30s, managing their friendships, romantic lives, careers, and familial expectations. The supporting roles of the show are the aunties, who have their own stories and drama amongst each other. The confessionals are often the adult children flanked on either side by their parents. Because they've known each other for so long, the drama never gets ugly or too contrived like some reality shows. And they do a lot of explaining about Indian culture, including the differences between the various cultures within India, and one family even immigrated to Guyana before moving to Miami, so there are differences there as well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

precision posted:

I love hearing pop takes on Christmas songs where Mariah Carey or Pitbull or whomever turns “Santa Claus” into “Santa Claw-ee-aw-ee-aw-ee-aws” to spice it up

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

Every year it takes me a week or two of my wife putting on Christmas music non-stop before I remember to find the Mannheim Steamroller channel on Sirius XM as a compromise.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

I love hearing pop takes on Christmas songs where Mariah Carey or Pitbull or whomever turns “Santa Claus” into “Santa Claw-ee-aw-ee-aw-ee-aws” to spice it up

This is the only way I can enjoy the national anthem.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

precision posted:

You can just keep your miserable feelings to yourself, Ebenezer. I'm only going to rock (around the Christmas tree) harder when I read them.

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm actually seeing them live in a couple of weeks and I do not give a poo poo what anyone thinks. Me and a bunch of olds listening to Christmas tunes, maybe I get Covid, who fuckin' cares?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

precision posted:

It should always be Halloween

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

wednesday was good, excited for season 2

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

MacheteZombie posted:

It should always be Halloween

I think there should be a Halloween movie where Michael Myers has to fight a killer Santa who is trying to get the jump on the Christmas season way too early and encroaching on Michael's favorite holiday.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

wednesday was good, excited for season 2

I liked it way more than I thought I would, everyone was very well cast.

It's funny that Netflix put out a new Munsters and Addams Family basically at the same time and the one made by committee and the Riverdale creator ends up way better than the passion project by the lifelong horror fan lmao

Rob zombie is so much fail

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I liked the Munsters. It's main problem is that its audience is in a past decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's kind of irritating how good Andor is

The robbit is great :)