Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I kinda wish Steve Jobs was still alive because the things he'd do to Elon Musk would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Tim Cook leans back in his chair.

"you know what I want Elon. and it doesn't have anything to do with moderation and it doesn't have anything to do with that 30%."

Eli drops to his knees crying "this is fascism"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

FBS posted:

Hmm. He probably should have thought about the Apple tax before he spent $44 billion

He's a doer, not a thinker!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

when steve jobs called up a vp at google at 4am or whatever to complain the google logo had the wrong shade of yellow, that was funny

when elon musk called up ceos to whine about them dropping advertising on twitter, that is lame

the world is a land of contrasts

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I kinda wish Steve Jobs was still alive because the things he'd do to Elon Musk would be amazing.

yeah watching Jobs go full apeshit Steve Jobs on Elon would be pretty lol

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Deptfordx posted:

Imagine trying to explain to your family. Wife, kids, parents etc. "You're all going to have to give them up. You don't understand. It's for Elon!"

I say imagine because of course this threat is about as real as the famous Modern Warfare 2 'boycott'.
Please try to take this seriously. Those 8 devices will bankrupt Apple.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Stoatbringer posted:

He's a doer Boer, not a thinker!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lmao Elon getting into a pissing match with Apple

crazy insane, got no brain

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

lmao from the replies to that tweet

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1597317987652239360?s=20&t=UAGTfc0-6NS3m3ZOL8iU8g

tOp sEcReT aPpLe tAx

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Main Paineframe posted:

he wants to turn Twitter into a payment processor, and imagines that Twitter will make billions of dollars a year via in-app purchases

You can't even buy ebooks through the Amazon Android app but I'm sure Google will just allow you to buy anything on the Twitter app.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Just Lmao if he invokes apple’s ire and they remove Twitter from the App Store

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DickParasite posted:

You can't even buy ebooks through the Amazon Android app but I'm sure Google will just allow you to buy anything on the Twitter app.

That was a super recent change. Kind of surprised me when they did it because they held out for so long

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/OfficeOfMike/status/1597319146018332672

lots of chuds are suddenly pushing this narrative, but they forgot to check whether balenciaga has an app (it does not)

implying apple is run by pedophiles is sure to win them over

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

This Cohen person will be suspended by tomorrow, and not for that tweet.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

repiv posted:

lots of chuds are suddenly pushing this narrative, but they forgot to check whether balenciaga has an app (it does not)

implying apple is run by pedophiles is sure to win them over

I'm guessing I don't want to google "balenciaga", what is it?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
they don't have the balls to remove twitter from the app store, but drat it would be amazing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ryde posted:

Clothes

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

ryde posted:

Released an ad campaign with kids on a bed holding a teddy bear in bondage gear.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

repiv posted:

"Woke" Apple preemptively canceled Balenciaga! This tyranny cannot stand.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/mariachong/status/1597321451723706368?s=20&t=W8umnKD0EARmzLGCGHXteA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/funranium/status/1597302827361001472?s=20&t=3EeDhvWo2eNyFb5aF2cb2w

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Demon Of The Fall posted:

they don't have the balls to remove twitter from the app store, but drat it would be amazing

Yes they do. They took down everything Facebook made on a specific developer account years ago. They took down Fortnite, even. They don’t give any fucks.

Musk thinks he’s baiting fish but actually it’s just two very large sharks.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

busalover posted:

Released an ad campaign with kids on a bed holding a teddy bear in bondage gear.

I'm not even going to try and pretend how this relates to anything at all anymore.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Philthy posted:

I'm not even going to try and pretend how this relates to anything at all anymore.
it's the future libs want

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

IIRC delisting Twitter means that it can't be downloaded, right? Not that it wipes the app from phones that already have it?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ralph Crammed In posted:

IIRC delisting Twitter means that it can't be downloaded, right? Not that it wipes the app from phones that already have it?

that's usually how it works yes, but a service like twitter will want to push regular updates which they can't do easily if they're delisted

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

That's my understanding.

I assume they also have a 'Nuke it all/this just stops working' option they could use but no-one (as far as I know) has been crazy enough to require it so far today.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Right. Until they moderate it properly and basically remove all the nazi poo poo they just added back in. Essentially ban the Republican party again because they are that toxic.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Correct

And you can just access twitter through a browser page

If it got kicked off the itunes store, though, it is the end of elon’s hopes of getting a billion users all paying 8 bucks a month

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

repiv posted:

that's usually how it works yes, but a service like twitter will want to push regular updates which they can't do easily if they're delisted

:lol:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think about downloading updates: I thought it was just for downloading the whole app

Holy poo poo that's crippling

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Isn't Apple also one of the only actual real profitable companies in SV, with a real product that isn't just software and an army of vindictive lawyers?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Vindictive is a good way to describe Apple, yes.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Decon posted:

I'm beating a dead horse, but gently caress it I never expected to be this god drat spooked by the inside of a car door and yet here we are.

When something so simple and universal as a car door (hand pulls lever pulls cable pulls latch) is overengineered beyond safety, what else did you expect from the actual major safety functions of the overall system?

Engineers: "We're having trouble getting FSD to play nice with the safety limits."

Elon, super genius: "Safety is for people that aren't eXtreme enough."

it's stuff that the car can already do!

i just don't think their autonomous car fatality software had the stuff on, or was overriding etc.

cuz that seemed like some totally unfiltered input
happening erroneously, you'd have to yank the wheel p. fast to get it to do that manually.
such an inexcusably mega bad & deadly spin for a 5,200lb SUV to enter without any warning, on wet, dry or icy road. if there were trees up to the shoulder they would've almost certainly died. i cannot believe these mf are just like "hey um mr musk um... i had a problem... not complaining... just want tge best for ur company" what the gently caress, they need to gimme money

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Last Call posted:

Apple fanboys are not going to give up their stuff for Musk.

Nobody is going to give up a significant amount of anything for him

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Apple and their legal team suck rear end in their own right but good fuckin lord I can't wait to watch them dunk Musk in the toilet and spin him around for personally inviting all the racists back to his website.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

wedgie deliverer posted:

Isn't Apple also one of the only actual real profitable companies in SV, with a real product that isn't just software and an army of vindictive lawyers?

Yes, they're one of those rare west coast technology companies that sells products people want for money.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Deptfordx posted:

That's my understanding.

I assume they also have a 'Nuke it all/this just stops working' option they could use but no-one (as far as I know) has been crazy enough to require it so far today.

Google removes apps that sneak in malware and stuff don't they? I assume apple would do the same. Unless Apple has better scanning that keeps that stuff out of the store in the first place?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They are litigious as all gently caress, but that describes every telecoms company in existence. You have to fight tooth and nail for that poo poo because when successful you can end up making money for every product your competitor sells.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Extra Large Marge posted:

Yes, they're one of those rare west coast technology companies that sells products people want for money.

that doesn't sound very disruptive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Philthy posted:

Right. Until they moderate it properly and basically remove all the nazi poo poo they just added back in. Essentially ban the Republican party again because they are that toxic.

Apple doesn’t give a gently caress about any of that