Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

the loss of malediction for occultist sucks, but I understand because 1. ggg is trying to prune ascendencies that are "overpacked" so it's more in line with poe 2 ascendency nodes, 2. enfeeble and other curse buffs will (hopefully) push us way over what malediction provided

I think it's very exciting and cold dot occultist league start feels pretty good still

Zmej fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

I did act 1 of Delerium event and I forgot how bad that dude whispering in my ear affected my mental.

this is an enormous surprise given the things you've admitted to listening to in the podcasts thread :smugmrgw:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, but Delerium dude just whispers like the rawest poo poo on a 40 minute loop. I think his track is the ambient slider, but then I don't have the chill out seabird aesthetic sounds from my hideout and town.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Running delirium every once in a while always made me wish I had played the league as I enjoyed the commentary it was pretty cool.

But I dunno if I can bring myself to play the league with how rough just the normal league was.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Reminder that GGG removed some of the Delirium voice lines during the league because they hit way too close to home during a pandemic.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

Yeah, but Delerium dude just whispers like the rawest poo poo on a 40 minute loop. I think his track is the ambient slider, but then I don't have the chill out seabird aesthetic sounds from my hideout and town.

Ha, actually hadn't considered that. wasn't he the dude ggg had to tone down because the league came out right when corona was peaking? he was saying poo poo like "all your friends are dying" or whatever (e- yep!)

not the best timing there

anyway the only thing i want right now is to start grinding away in ruthless but all i can do is watch ziggyd do that instead. alas

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1597323964048515072

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
OK I could have sworn the manifesto said they were removing all the "With X% increased effect" stuff from item-given curses.
Edit: unless that's an old unique I've never heard of, in which case nevermind

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
That's the shield as it is currently, not the updated version.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i don't think it's really that good outside of some potential self-curse interactions. bosses usually drop curses on phase changes so you're not getting the curse benefit during the most dangerous parts of encounters.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

whypick1 posted:

That's the shield as it is currently, not the updated version.

Hell yeah! That's what I'm playing this league.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't really get the point of removing the ...with increased effect stuff since it usually only worked out to be like level 10 of a curse instead of level 1 but eh, whatever

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

i don't really get the point of removing the ...with increased effect stuff since it usually only worked out to be like level 10 of a curse instead of level 1 but eh, whatever

The point is that it ran counter to how good they wanted automated curses to be vs. self cast curses. It's very convoluted to compensate for inc effect of automated curses by giving inc effect to self-cast curses and then giving them all a less effect penalty.

edit: unless your point is you don't see why they'd ever choose to not give you even more power, in which case, yes, we know your stance

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 28, 2022

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The temptation to league start with Bane is increasing dramatically. Probably along with too many others.

Edit: Foiled by the FAQ

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 28, 2022

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Curse FAQ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3323572

notably Bane also has a curse effect penalty

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Curse FAQ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3323572

notably Bane also has a curse effect penalty

And still no vixen interaction. Booo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

This stat previously didn't work so this doesn't functionally change anything to remove it.

why have i read this sentence so many times in PoE's history

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Lol incredible

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Aye Doc posted:

classic

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

50/50 on whether this is true or they break something

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

The point is that it ran counter to how good they wanted automated curses to be vs. self cast curses. It's very convoluted to compensate for inc effect of automated curses by giving inc effect to self-cast curses and then giving them all a less effect penalty.

edit: unless your point is you don't see why they'd ever choose to not give you even more power, in which case, yes, we know your stance

i just didn't think the increase was significant enough to care about, but maybe with the penalties being gone it is. im not a numbers guy or anything

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
my reward mtx for endless delve is a spider pet that you possess and control in town/hideout and i can't decide if that's freaky or inspired. both?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

I'd say make it the thread title but it's nice to be able to change it sometimes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Definitely gonna be using this, gently caress keeping track of hexes.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

How did doom work and whats the difference between curses and hexes? This is something I just never bothered to learn

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Doom was increased effect% of a hex that grew bigger over time if you self cast. They also split curses into subcategories hexes and marks which behave differently (can only mark one thing at a time, enemies can be hex immune but still be marked etc)

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

doom is a number that goes up while a monster is hexed. hexblast detonates it to deal extra damage while also consuming the hex that the doom "belongs to".

hex and marks are both types of curse. marks can only mark 1 enemy but generally provide a stronger effect geared towards killing that 1 enemy, instead of a generic debuff.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also they're scaled by curse effect but not hex effect, which is what ele weakness etc is

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

JamesKPolk posted:

How did doom work and whats the difference between curses and hexes? This is something I just never bothered to learn

Doom increased curse effect over time at the rate of 10 stacks per second, capped at 30 stacks, which is +30%.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

they're putting a lot of effort and dev time in this mode... I thought it would be a small side project

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those are more updates than Lake of Kalandra got all league

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

lmao.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

frajaq posted:

they're putting a lot of effort and dev time in this mode... I thought it would be a small side project

i don't see anything in that list that requires much more than just changing some variables. also it's good changes for the mode

euphronius posted:

:rolleyes:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Both things can be true.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Oh, no Pantheon at all? That's a fairly significant decrease in player defenses...

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

I'm surprised no one realized before now, 20% is a lot

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

You would only ever bother using Vuln on poison or ignite if you somehow stumbled into having 4+ curse limit for some weird reason. I guess the one guy playing bleed didn't check these past few years.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i genuinely had to look it up to be sure but lmao that corrupting fever inflicts a debuff, not an ailment

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Reiterpallasch posted:

i genuinely had to look it up to be sure but lmao that corrupting fever inflicts a debuff, not an ailment

When you get Corrupted Blood stacks on yourself it's also a debuff and not an ailment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

With how much attention the ruthless alpha has gotten and how everything is already known and tested I kinda lost all my interest in the mode
PoE 2 is gonna be even worse, with months of beta before release :smith: