Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Mokotow posted:

These manic episodes are becoming longer and more frequent.

I feel like he's been on one singular coke binge for the last three weeks straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

elon please log off i cannot keep up with this thread.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Strong Sauce posted:

I spent 44 BILLION to never log off.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Gives me Qanon vibes, too.

"The storm is coming" - a moment when all will be revealed, your Enemies will finally suffer, and you will be vindicated at last.

There's people who expect to see something like source code which states "if tweet.sentiment = conservative, then shadowban", or an official human written list titled "Conservatives To Suppress" from Twitter Trust & Safety with a signature at the bottom which states "personally approved by Hillary Clinton".

The reality, of course, is that content moderation is messy and difficult and its grey area corner cases all the way down. The actual files would be more like "Here's a chain of two hundred emails and seven documents, with comments, where we deliberated exactly how to define Hate Speech for six months and, in the end, some anti-trans stuff fell under this policy so a few accounts got whacked for repeatedly deadnaming people with intent to antagonize".

"Even then, two of the suspensions required director level approval because the accounts were prominent."

If it's anything like Facebook, it'll be:

"Mr. Zuckerberg, we have built a new automated content moderation system that reduces violent and extremist content on the platform by over 92%. Note that about 85% of this flagged content is conservative in nature"

"Well, we wouldn't want to piss off all our conservative users, so throw that system in the trash"

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
A write up of today’s insanity with a little context sprinkled in for good measure.

https://twitter.com/GerritD/status/1597344701811941377

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

loving lib apple donating 97% of its contributions to democrats. Not like fair and balanced Tesla donating a mere modest 91% of its lobbying to democrats

Those are employee contributions :lol:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

"Who is standing in front of my Tesla shouting 'log off!' I will never log off and also the car's autopilot will kill you and then go off a bridge."

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Entropic posted:

It’s probably just that he’s trying to do features that involve in app payments and is finding out that Apple takes a huge cut of those.

Could be both. He is talking about Apple censorship for some reason.

"By the way Elon, while we are talking, we now demand that you get rid of the Nazi poo poo too."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Strong Sauce posted:

"The Elon Thread is going to become HARDCORE™. If you want to be part of this HARDCORE™ experience, click yes, otherwise you will get 3 months of thread severance"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
So it's just musk claiming apple threatened twitter with getting kicked off the app store.. I'm sure it's legit.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Stoatbringer posted:

Elon has enough money that he could literally do this in real life, every day, and then shag supermodels on a big pile of sweets like Spawny Get from Viz.

https://i.imgur.com/2v0ygoT.mp4

Instead he's spending his time being a whiny baby on twitter.

lol

Holy poo poo what is the source of this clip?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Wildtortilla posted:

Lol that's a mobile game ad

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

kazil posted:

Musk uses "Free Speech" like a sovereign citizen using code words to get out of consequences

"The Apple app has a gold fringe, it's maritime internet law"

Musk seems to be fixated on the US 1st Ammendment free speech umbrella. Several lawyers must be screaming at him that this isn't a Thing in the rest of the world, and that the EU are just laughing and adding an extra billion onto the eventual fine every time he does something stupid.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Didn't Apple not give a poo poo about losing Fortnight to the "30% is unfair" argument

Doesn't Fortnight make more money than Twitter

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wildtortilla posted:

Looks like a mobile game ad to me

edit beaten

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lamech posted:

Didn't Apple not give a poo poo about losing Fortnight to the "30% is unfair" argument

Does Fortnight make more money than Twitter

Twitter doesn't make money so probably

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Soylent Yellow posted:

Musk seems to be fixated on the US 1st Ammendment free speech umbrella. Several lawyers must be screaming at him that this isn't a Thing in the rest of the world, and that the EU are just laughing and adding an extra billion onto the eventual fine every time he does something stupid.

It’s not even the US Constitution, which is fixated on government censorship. It’s some sort of amorphous moral triumph of saying whatever you want and other people have to listen to you, support you in an open market, and cannot pull away for any reason.

“Free speech” is a purely self serving phrase that they continue to use because it riles everyone up, but in reality it really just means “mandatory support while I shout slurs” which isn’t what most sane people mean when they talk about it. Especially in the strictly legal sense.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lamech posted:

Emphatically didn't give a poo poo, and yeah lol Twitter has made money 2 quarters in 14 years

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Lamech posted:

Fortnite makes money QED

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fortnite makes enough money to keep Epic comfortable picking fights with Apple and Steam

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Message to Tim Apple:
Call. His. Bluff.
:pray:

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Lamech posted:

From Apple's perspective, in the Epic Games / Fortnite dispute they're defending their 30% cut on every sale in the app store, which in 2021 meant 30% of $85.1 billion according to this source I spent exactly zero seconds vetting. Even if that source is off, I'm sure it's shitloads of money.

If dumping Fortnite on iOS means saving the remaining $XX billion, Apple will happily do it. It's the obviously correct financial choice from Apple's perspective. "Do we forgo a small amount of revenue to save a very large amount of revenue?" - yes, it's a no brainer.

Meanwhile Twitter is struggling to make money at all. Financially to the App Store it's probably insignificant. So Apple's decision making here wouldn't be primarily financially motivated, it would be motivated by the reputational risks to Apple. They're choosing between the pain of hosting an app which contains content they don't want associated with the Apple brand vs. the pain of removing a popular app. Both would create backlash.

Which choice is worse? That's a VP and maybe even CEO level decision at Apple.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 28, 2022

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I keep refreshing this thread hoping that I'll see the exact moment that Elon's brain fully breaks. I wonder if they have a contingency plan?

Maybe a brain damaged parrot can take over? 🤣🤣🤣

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

MrQwerty posted:

Those are employee contributions :lol:

So then why are all the republicans in SV working for intel?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

It's amazing the amount of cognitive dissonance going on, when you get poo poo like this in-between him squawking about being a centrist.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

So then why are all the republicans in SV working for intel?

Lotta chuds in manufacturing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Lamech posted:

Yes and yes. Fortnite just came back to iOS this year but you have to download it from the company’s website directly and it could be up to 5 years before apple lets them back on the App Store. Google pulled Fortnite from Play right after too

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

It’s not even the US Constitution, which is fixated on government censorship. It’s some sort of amorphous moral triumph of saying whatever you want and other people have to listen to you, support you in an open market, and cannot pull away for any reason.

“Free speech” is a purely self serving phrase that they continue to use because it riles everyone up, but in reality it really just means “mandatory support while I shout slurs” which isn’t what most sane people mean when they talk about it. Especially in the strictly legal sense.

Yep. And when I was a reddit debate dipshit, my test for it was consistently "Is it a violation of free speech if I kick someone out of my home for calling my partner racial slurs?" The rate at which I got "yes" was un-fuckin'-real. And it was either "yes" or some bullshit mental gymnastics about how a "public place" (e.g. Twitter, Reddit, etc) is different... which apparently means, if I'm at, say, a bar, the bar's owners, bartenders, patrons, etc. have to bite their tongues and tolerate it if someone decides that's the place to begin said slur hurling.

It's not a rational, considered take on where one person's freedoms end and another's begin. It's not a consideration of bodily freedom, freedom of association, monetary freedom, etc. It's just a childish "gently caress you listen to me" propped up by lovely latin phrases and about 10 years of online navel gazing (starting around when GG started).

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

MrQwerty posted:

Lotta chuds in manufacturing.

True 😂😂

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
That clip was used in another game ad except the titanic was being launched into downtown Manhattan and I downloaded the game based on that clip and the game sucked thank you for coming to my TEDx talk $8.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shaking lemur butt posted:

It's amazing the amount of cognitive dissonance going on, when you get poo poo like this in-between him squawking about being a centrist.

I'm assuming that's fake...I didn't bother checking though :thunk:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Shaking lemur butt posted:

it's fake

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Droogie posted:

Message to Tim Apple:
Call. His. Bluff.
:pray:

Tim is a robot, he’s not going to respond like we’d all want him to (removing Twitter immediately etc).

But he’s still absolutely the wrong ceo to mess with

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597332117280608256

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kazil posted:

it's fake

Nope. It's real

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Well, fooled me easily enough. Even so, plenty of poo poo he does post that has a similar sentiment.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

All of these people talk like such loving dorks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonna need 1 billion people to buy a checkmark to help me fight the man!