Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Skwirl posted:

How often were they taking urine samples to the doctor? I think I've had to give one once and I peed in a cup they gave me.

In rural Glasgow where advanced diabetes testing simply wasn’t available, communities would “hire” a local idiot to do it the old fashioned way. Diabetic urine is sweet and so they taste a bit the piss with a clear mouth and get a shot of whiskey after. Some took their jobs seriously and with practice could estimate blood glucose levels. So every now and then you would see someone walking in town carefully trying to hide a glass of piss while they tracked down the “sweet blood man.” This is where the term “Taking the piss” originated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

HAmbONE posted:

In rural Glasgow where advanced diabetes testing simply wasn’t available, communities would “hire” a local idiot to do it the old fashioned way. Diabetic urine is sweet and so they taste a bit the piss with a clear mouth and get a shot of whiskey after. Some took their jobs seriously and with practice could estimate blood glucose levels. So every now and then you would see someone walking in town carefully trying to hide a glass of piss while they tracked down the “sweet blood man.” This is where the term “Taking the piss” originated

piss part is true

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Philippe posted:

piss part is true

:hmmyes:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Philippe posted:

piss part is true

the taking the piss part even more so

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
What they don't want you to know is that the piss drinkers pay for the privilege. Where's my cut I say?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/cocainebear/status/1597274125315166213

Clean sweep Oscars 2023

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
piss take is real

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hmmm

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Toss up between this and “Violent Night”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Based on a true story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also the first Ray Liotta film to be released posthumously ;_;

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HAmbONE posted:

the Russians used an anthill

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/morninggloria/status/1597334868354306048?t=sFi_MGZz8jt2RA3c-6H_Dg&s=19

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

HAmbONE posted:

...This is where the term “Taking the piss” originated

Wikipedia says its either from ruining someone's morning boner or hauling urine in ships. Now I don't know what to believe.

Unless... Are you taking my piss right now?!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I wonder what this movie's about

oh

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/Bhytes1/status/1597038063318102017

https://twitter.com/tragicbirdapp/status/1597004145541918721

https://twitter.com/PopCulture2000s/status/1596980219210260480

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1597097519984828417

Hoo boy, there's a whole lot of replies to this that are content for the other thread...

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

But the previously-banned customers are allowed to poo poo and piss throughout the store again!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jabberlock posted:

I wonder what this movie's about

oh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_C._Thornton_II

quote:

On September 11, 1985, while on a smuggling run from Colombia, Thornton and a partner jumped from his auto-piloted Cessna 404, after dumping packages of cocaine off near Blairsville, Georgia.[4] Thornton became caught in his parachute and ended up in a free fall to the ground. His body was found in the driveway of Knoxville, Tennessee resident Fred Myers.[5] The plane crashed over 60 mi (97 km) away in Hayesville, North Carolina.[6] At the time of his death Thornton was wearing a bulletproof vest and Gucci loafers, and in possession of night vision goggles, a green army duffel bag containing approximately 35 kilograms (75 lbs.) of cocaine valued at $15 million, $4,500 in cash, six 0.1 oz (2.8 g) gold Krugerrands, knives, and two pistols.[7] Three months later, a dead black bear, that had apparently overdosed on cocaine dropped by Thornton, was found in the Chattahoochee National Forest.[8]

the bear's stomach was absolutely full of cocaine. that bear found one of the parcels of cocaine and ate the whole thing and died of a massive overdose. this means for a brief moment, a black bear was running around the appalachian mountains higher than god almighty. i assume the movie takes place during that glorious moment in time

the bear is stuffed and you can go see it at a cheap museum in kentucky

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh, it's real? I just thought some producers had seen an image of a bear with snow on its face and one of them was like yo Jared, this bear looks like you last night! and then they both instantly had the same epiphany for their next movie.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lobok posted:

Oh, it's real? I just thought some producers had seen an image of a bear with snow on its face and one of them was like yo Jared, this bear looks like you last night! and then they both instantly had the same epiphany for their next movie.

quote:

It stars Keri Russell, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Alden Ehrenreich, Matthew Rhys, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Kristofer Hivju, Christian Convery, Brooklynn Prince, Margo Martindale, and Ray Liotta.

Not only is it real, it has one hell of a cast.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lobok posted:

It's real and I'd appreciate it if you took this tragedy more seriously.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I hope there will be movie merch

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Coq au Nandos posted:

Not only is it real, it has one hell of a cast.

which one plays the bear

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jabberlock posted:

which one plays the bear

Himself, like in the Godzilla movies

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
There is a tweet somewhere that describes how, for a brilliant 45 minutes, that cocaine fuelled bear rose to be the apex predator for an entire continent before blazing out in glory.

It may have been a tweet of a tumble post iirc.

Total Meatlove has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Nov 29, 2022

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021

I have literally never witnessed a civil debate on the internet.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Fish Appreciator posted:

I have literally never witnessed a civil debate on the internet.

It happens all the time, you loving moron.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

It happens all the time, you loving moron.

Shut up dick face, it does not

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

You’re all loving morons !!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm calmer than all of you and therefore correct.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Nice try, goons. Beneath that surface of vulgarity and insult, there is deep mutual respect that you often see in civil wars.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I fart in my own eyes

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

May all your husbands eat the last remaining peach, forever.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Read After Burning posted:

May all your husbands Douchewolf eat all your last remaining peaches, forever.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Nov 29, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

If you look up "heterosexual culture", you'll find these.

https://twitter.com/rajandelman/status/1553060059806056449

https://twitter.com/laiseran/status/1553494276310503427?lang=en

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

the follow-up on this one is phenomenal

"pretty sure"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Meet me over yonder under the old placenta tree

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

How do people work so hard to make things that are as painfully unfunny as that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I heard about some people who served their placenta at a dinner party. I would never go to that, not because it's disgusting and weird, but just because, what if it's the best thing I've ever tasted? What the gently caress do I do then?