Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yup that's almost definitely what Araki was listening to or the album he looked at when he named him lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

I tried reading Homestuck. I stuck with it for about 200 pages and all that had happened was a kid went downstairs.

Meanwhile, 200 pages into K6BD: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/WON103-104.jpg

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Some real big Winning An Argument In The Shower energy from this one.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Mzbundifund posted:

Some real big Winning An Argument In The Shower energy from this one.
You're saying that when you fantasize in the shower about winning an argument, the best you can come up with is flipping them off?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Another reference in Dark Souls: The big guy's name is actually Tarkus, just like a certain Black Iron hero who can solo the Iron Golem

Wait, it's all Jojo references?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Always was.jpg

Also just finished (so far) K6BD, and the artists work is awesome.
I hope the ssss person has not sunk into a cult.
Thanks for some amazing comics so far, going to look at lancer.

staberind has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Nov 28, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

How old are you

YESSS

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The Unwomanly Face of War

Chapter 7 Part 3

I really love this section

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

kitty ; . ;

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Tree Bucket posted:

How old are you

Just be glad you said Tarkus and not Love Beach

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

3 - B0N3D00D and pLaTeDeWd meet for the First Time

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Mx. posted:

3 - B0N3D00D and pLaTeDeWd meet for the First Time

What exactly is this? I can barely read it and it looks like the art is something like Runescape?

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

thetoughestbean posted:

Chapter 7 Part 2

"And we lived there peacefully. Eventually the war ended and my husband came home. Nothing bad happened to me, my husband, or our child."

Right?

I've read the book. I can't remember the exact outcome for this specific woman, but totally happy endings are not really a thing for anybody on the Eastern Front.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tree Bucket posted:

How old are you
I once got told outside a Steve Hackett concert by an old bearded man that I was too young to be into prog rock

one of my fondest memories tbqh

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Slimy Hog posted:

What exactly is this? I can barely read it and it looks like the art is something like Runescape?

its B0N3D00D and pLaTeDeWd

(ultima online)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't believe we just found out the origins of B0N3D00D and pLaTeDeWd.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Slimy Hog posted:

fethers

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OOOoooooooOooOOoooOOOoooo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

i am so grateful that i'm not still quite sure what a homestuck is.

e:

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

I tried reading Homestuck. I stuck with it for about 200 pages and all that had happened was a kid went downstairs.

Meanwhile, 200 pages into K6BD: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/WON103-104.jpg

Just gotta say, feel like the comic lost a step when we lost the continuing thread of senseless mass murder, and it turned into, I guess, the main character getting hosed up constantly instead.

Shageletic has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Nov 29, 2022

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

b0n3 & plate is one of many things having me thinking:

a 20th century video game, emulated or played on LCD, is almost always enhanced by even the most minimal CRT filters- p sure most ppl reading this will be familiar, but in short it has to do with how the medium that designers were working with was a cathode ray tube, so design considerations revolve around its strengths and weaknesses

I was watching Deep Space Nine the other day, and also re-re-re-re-reading Achewood, and thinking: just scaling these images up looks like dogshit. Even scaling them to their native resolutions doesn't look great. TV is of course a mature medium that made the most out of a low, but fuzzy, resolution- webcomics are meant to be displayed on a monitor that's much higher-res than an NTSC/PAL signal, but still benefit from a sort of physical anti-aliasing happening when the cathode ray strikes the phosphors

People with newer computers are doing some ridic cool CRT filtering techniques for games- I've seen filters that work by modeling the physics on a phosphor-level- how long until someone puts together a CRT filter for old videos and comics?

idk if the dudes would end up being more readable, but Ultima Online was certainly intended to be played on CRTs, made by people who had been designing art for CRT games since the beginning, so I'd assume so

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Penultimate Quest

Mighty Star

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I found this post about Pop Team Epic on Twitter, I find it hard to disagree.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Slimy Hog posted:

There's a lot of '97-98 era of Ultima Online jokes going on here. GM meant grandmaster which was having the skill at 100 which was the maximum. Also, he's a mage because everyone used magery, mana regen was constant and damage only scaled by the skill so there was no reason not to be a tank mage in full plate with a melee weapon or bow as well. Weapons of Vanquishing had the best damage boost (+9) over the base level.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

trapped mouse posted:

I found this post about Pop Team Epic on Twitter, I find it hard to disagree.

hmm. no actually. please do not.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Lemony posted:

"And we lived there peacefully. Eventually the war ended and my husband came home. Nothing bad happened to me, my husband, or our child."

Right?

I've read the book. I can't remember the exact outcome for this specific woman, but totally happy endings are not really a thing for anybody on the Eastern Front.

Well they get a cat

thetoughestbean posted:

The Unwomanly Face of War

Chapter 7 Part 3

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Pop team epic is hanging out with your best friend, doing stupid bits and inside jokes over and over but still manages to be mostly funny/endearing.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Pop team epic is hanging out with your best friend, doing stupid bits and inside jokes over and over but still manages to be mostly funny/endearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHgVb4P-SM

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Pop Team Epic cannot be placed into a neat box, for it is free of your earthly boundaries and prejudices.

Here’s Hark! A Vagrant, which you might think could easily be placed into the boxes of “history” and “Canada” but then Kate draws the following nonsense and breaks the chains you put on her.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I wish I could draw hair the way Hark A Vagrant Person does.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I demand more adventures of Not Real Yeti Boyfriend

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CONTENT

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

YAY! Runnie's Replace!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I remember someone posting actual pics of Ronnie in this thread a really long time ago and he was a perfectly normal looking guy, But body dysmorphia (especially that exaggerated for comic effect) can gently caress you up!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

I demand more adventures of Not Real Yeti Boyfriend

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino