Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

All these opinions about St Louis cuisine and all missing the most pertinent St Louis food fact for this thread. The chain restaurant of choice for the American liberal, the foodie symbol of democrat voters, Panera Bread, started 35 years ago as a single bakery named for its birthplace.

St Louis Bread Company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SgtMongoose posted:

All these opinions about St Louis cuisine and all missing the most pertinent St Louis food fact for this thread. The chain restaurant of choice for the American liberal, the foodie symbol of democrat voters, Panera Bread, started 35 years ago as a single bakery named for its birthplace.

St Louis Bread Company

Yeah, but they serve soup in a bowl you can eat!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Panera Bread is loving disgusting

Also they should have donuts if they're a bakery

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
At least St. Louis has a discernible local food culture. I lived in Cleveland for five years and I can't think of a single unique local food item.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SgtMongoose posted:

St Louis Bread Company

And who owns them now? That's right
:godwin:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

come to baltimore we have pit beef and crabs

:peanut:

also we have democrats who gently caress over working people!!

:nutshot:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Ruzihm posted:

also we have democrats who gently caress over working people!!

:nutshot:

that's all democrats

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

ex post facho posted:

that's all democrats

yeah i should have left it at "democrats" :haibrower:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, but they serve soup in a bowl you can eat!

More consideration for the environment than any other liberal orgs show.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Nothus posted:

At least St. Louis has a discernible local food culture. I lived in Cleveland for five years and I can't think of a single unique local food item.

????

polish boy??

PIZZA BAGELS????

loving stadium mustard bro

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nothus posted:

Ugh. You’re joking, right? The steamer

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So this is why the other thread popped up lol.

Lt2012 go back to denying the Holocaust in dnd.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Private Cumshoe posted:

Panera Bread is loving disgusting

Also they should have donuts if they're a bakery

they have bagels. for some reason it seems bakeries can only have one or the other in large variety

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

they have bagels. for some reason it seems bakeries can only have one or the other in large variety

And then there's the Publix bakery

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

There’s some confused bakery out there selling boiled doughnuts and deep fried bagels and I’ll find one day, god willing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

grocery stores are something else

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
gently caress john brandon

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1594352763659378688

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
merry Christmas

https://twitter.com/LaurenKGurley/s...ingawful.com%2F

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

fools. the democrats are stronger than ever. soon they will outlaw guns and strikes and they will become unstoppable

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

But I thought biden already fixed this??????
maybe the dems are gonna win forever by just continuing to take credit for solving problems but never solving them so they can continue to take credit for solving them

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
'winning' of course being defined as stumbling, but not the catastrophic failure everyone wished for

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nothus posted:

Uncultured swine

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili posted:

Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti or hot dogs ("coneys");

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/15...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/woodsistrumors/...ingawful.com%2F

:shuckyes:

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 03:38 on Nov 29, 2022

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

looking forward to f-35s being called in on the wildcat strike

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

looking forward to f-35s being called in on the wildcat strike

This would be ideal, since most of them will fail catastrophically before reaching their destination

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Minecraft Holmes posted:

lmao just remembered that the secretary of transportation tooks months off for parental leave without telling anyone during a supply chain crisis

and they're not even gonna blink about this zero sick days bullshit

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

This would be ideal, since most of them will fail catastrophically before reaching their destination

unfortunately the f-35 is a perfectly adequate bomb truck. the problems that people make fun of are that the stealth coating doesn’t work in the rain, the ultra expensive sensor fusion helmet doesn’t work and the naval versions have had tons of issues with landing on carriers

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

anyway I think the messaging from the unions has been bad, they should be saying they want weekends instead of all this stuff about sick time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

anyway I think the messaging from the unions has been bad, they should be saying they want weekends instead of all this stuff about sick time

they can have weekends...in the train. alone.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm sure D&D is doing a lot of soul searching tonight with this policy and PR failure and a realization that the Democrats have picked capital over labor, right

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

I'm sure D&D is doing a lot of soul searching tonight with this policy and PR failure and a realization that the Democrats have picked capital over labor, right

on the plus side i feel like the odds of Congress actually doing something here aren't high

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I dunno, I read in the NYT that Biden is a lifelong supporter of trains and labor I'm not searching for train.mpreg

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

joey b will support whatever the gently caress moloch tells him to if he knows what's good for him

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

on the plus side i feel like the odds of Congress actually doing something here aren't high

drat they really think the reason Biden broke all those promises is because congress is just bad at their jobs and forgot how to write legislation or something.

It can't be that there just isn't a majority in favor of doing anything good for the people even when democrats control both houses, they must all be comically slipping on banana peels every time they try to vote and will inevitably fail even if it's something with 90%+ bipartisan congressional agreement like forcing workers to go without sick days so the railroads can book an extra half a percent profit

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they will definitely force the poo poo deal through if the strike happens and if the workers wildcat they will 100% send in the national guard

bipartisanship you can count on

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

they are going to do the dumbest thing possible

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

they will definitely force the poo poo deal through if the strike happens and if the workers wildcat they will 100% send in the national guard

this

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

HallelujahLee posted:

send them in where exactly

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/DannyDeVito/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ArmZ posted:

they are going to do the dumbest thing possible

remember during the tractor strike when John deere tried to staff its factories with scabs and office workers and poo poo caught in fire within hours?

it's going to be that, but for railroads