Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
When I saw that Stable Diffusion 2.0 would do depth mapping I had to wonder if it could create 3d stereo pics.

I haven't gotten 2.0 running yet but there's a plugin for 1.5 that will do the depth mapping, and there's a site called Depthy that will combine a pic and a depth map to create red/blue anaglyphs and pseudo3d animations. The results straight out of the box are far from perfect but it's a passable novelty:

https://i.imgur.com/91zGtxx.mp4

It would be nice if it did color stereo images for viewing with glasses or a vr headset. Depthy is apparently open source but I wouldn't know where to begin playing around with the code to get such an output. Blurring the depth map seems to improve the harshness of the edges:
https://i.imgur.com/TnvkKHE.mp4

Not as technically amazing as the 3d mesh generators some AI researchers are working on, but I thought it was a neat gimmick.

e: Depthmap plugin is here: https://github.com/thygate/stable-diffusion-webui-depthmap-script. Depthy needs the invert depthmap option enabled, otherwise you end up with the hollowface illusion making things seem weird.

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 28, 2022

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Excellent ducks, all.

What's the prompt? It looks so much like Steve Purcell's art but I didn't get similar results when I tried him before.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Hey cool it will do img2img as well, here's Kharmakazy's duck thing:

https://i.imgur.com/244LWWB.mp4

seems to do a better job on closeups with a plain background. Here's my spectacular failure to replicate Kharmakazy's one:

https://i.imgur.com/uhakQym.mp4

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Creepy. Neat. But creepy.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
A cyberpunk duck from the year 3000.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

Creepy. Neat. But creepy.

Don't worry, it gets worse.

:nws: it really gets worse :nws:

actually I may have discovered something terrible

shoulda stuck to ducks

lol

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 28, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

hydroceramics posted:

A cyberpunk duck from the year 3000.

That same prompt but added 'in the style of Geoff Darrow'

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
"This city's not all it's quacked up to be.. and that corrupt mayor is going to make like my feathers... He's going down"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Sausages posted:

Don't worry, it gets worse.

:nws: it really gets worse :nws:

actually I may have discovered something terrible

shoulda stuck to ducks

lol

we all knew it would come to this

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

"The cops said it was an accident. But me? I knew there was fowl play..."

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
portrait of a duck on a rainy city street at night, film noir, 40s, shot with canon 5d, 85mm, chiaroscuro, cinematic, dramatic lighting, 8k

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The MJv4 aspect ratio hack seems really sloppy. If you image prompt a character in portrait mode, their head will always be a tall oval no matter what the shape in the original. They're doing some combination of cropping and stretching which seems impossible to compensate for at the user end. (There's also definitely some squashing going on for widescreen, but since the stylization bias also tends towards jutting chins, the net effect is more muted).

Elotana fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 28, 2022

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Oh no, there goes Tokyo, go go Duckzilla

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

A 2/1 ghoul with persist lol.

Dude just loves dying.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elotana posted:

The MJv4 aspect ratio hack seems really sloppy. If you image prompt a character in portrait mode, their head will always be a tall oval no matter what the shape in the original. They're doing some combination of cropping and stretching which seems impossible to compensate for at the user end. (There's also definitely some squashing going on for widescreen, but since the stylization bias also tends towards jutting chins, the net effect is more muted).

i think i was able to fix the issue you were having

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > AI Art: It is criminal to not post your prompt and not include a duck

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

So it took me a dogs age of loving with CUDA versions, Pytorch versions, swapping around Git versions of 1111, etc. but I finally found my problem.

If you are running Windows 11 and you have a >= 30XX series card a recent windows update added this setting.

It defaults to on, turn it off if you are having slowdowns. I have no idea what fuckery they are doing with the GPU scheduling at the OS level to try and reduce latency but that dropped me to ~4it/s from 26it/s I normally get on my 3090.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I have Windows 10, just checked and that option is there as well but is already off. Good to know!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Okay here's where I ended up with this project yesterday:

It's 73 (maybe a few more) JRPG enemy designs based on my own drawings. My main problem with them is that I used two real artists' names in the prompt template and many of them came through looking too much like their work - I actually preferred the way MJ3 couldn't exactly replicate artists and so entering their names could give you stylistic/design effects without looking like a ripoff - these are all from v4 and several look directly ripped off or drawn by the two artists I entered (it was Akira Toriyama and Genndy Tartakovsky)

Example (of the process, not of a ripoff):
->
Text prompt: wacky alien jar vampire. Side-view RPG battler. Vector style. Dynamic combat pose. Design by Genndy Tartakovsky and Akira Toriyama. --v 4

album of all of the original drawings

In a real project I'd go over each one by hand to touch up some details and add outlines but this was just a one-afternoon proof of concept. Not 100% of the way to true AI game art asset creation but we're drat close, at least for static assets.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 28, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sausages posted:

When I saw that Stable Diffusion 2.0 would do depth mapping I had to wonder if it could create 3d stereo pics.

I haven't gotten 2.0 running yet but there's a plugin for 1.5 that will do the depth mapping, and there's a site called Depthy that will combine a pic and a depth map to create red/blue anaglyphs and pseudo3d animations. The results straight out of the box are far from perfect but it's a passable novelty:

https://i.imgur.com/91zGtxx.mp4

It would be nice if it did color stereo images for viewing with glasses or a vr headset. Depthy is apparently open source but I wouldn't know where to begin playing around with the code to get such an output. Blurring the depth map seems to improve the harshness of the edges:
https://i.imgur.com/TnvkKHE.mp4

Not as technically amazing as the 3d mesh generators some AI researchers are working on, but I thought it was a neat gimmick.

e: Depthmap plugin is here: https://github.com/thygate/stable-diffusion-webui-depthmap-script. Depthy needs the invert depthmap option enabled, otherwise you end up with the hollowface illusion making things seem weird.

you should just be able to take the first frame and the frame in the middle of animation and put them side by side.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

Okay here's where I ended up with this project yesterday:

It's 73 (maybe a few more) JRPG enemy designs based on my own drawings. My main problem with them is that I used two real artists' names in the prompt template and many of them came through looking too much like their work - I actually preferred the way MJ3 couldn't exactly replicate artists and so entering their names could give you stylistic/design effects without looking like a ripoff - these are all from v4 and several look directly ripped off or drawn by the two artists I entered (it was Akira Toriyama and Genndy Tartakovsky)

Example (of the process, not of a ripoff):
->
Text prompt: wacky alien jar vampire. Side-view RPG battler. Vector style. Dynamic combat pose. Design by Genndy Tartakovsky and Akira Toriyama. --v 4

album of all of the original drawings

In a real project I'd go over each one by hand to touch up some details and add outlines but this was just a one-afternoon proof of concept. Not 100% of the way to true AI game art asset creation but we're drat close, at least for static assets.

I don't have anything useful to contribute but I had fun playing with your base drawing in img2img

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

you should just be able to take the first frame and the frame in the middle of animation and put them side by side.
The first frame is fine but the middle one has bad compression artefacts when using a lovely online frame extractor. A screenshot would probably work if I could get the timing right. Then all I need to view it is my 10,000 Days album.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

feedmyleg posted:

Excellent ducks, all.

What's the prompt? It looks so much like Steve Purcell's art but I didn't get similar results when I tried him before.

funnily enough it was kind of a failed prompt "a huge black spaceship shaped like a duck in the style of Jack Kirby, comic panel --v 4". Definitely not jack kirby

I tried another prompt with Steve Purcell and got this

"a large metal duck spaceship in the style of Steve Purcell, comic panel, dynamic, action, detail, --v 4"

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Anyone know what's going on with the web Stable Diffusion over at Huggingface? Not generating pictures.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
"compact disc CD cover art for a ((duck)) (*genre*) band called Duck"

Heavy Metal:

Punk:

Ska:

Gangsta Rap:

Techno/DJ:

K-Pop:

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Captain Mallard P. Quackers of the 101st Duck Brigade
Steps: 32, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 3468331532, Size: 512x512, Model hash: ddc6edf2

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's genuinely starting to get pretty OK at text now, that's kinda wild

When it does the kpop and some Hangul or w/e resembles the word duck is when it will be fully next level.

Although it will probably be able to have normal faces and hands before then

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol it accurately classified it with semi-real text

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1597692711314018306

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I hadn't seen Tron ones and they're super cool:
https://www.djfood.org/fantasy-jodorowsky-tron-visualisations-by-johnny-darrell/

I love that Tron cycle :swoon:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://twitter.com/johnhornor/status/1597747080818065408

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Jodorowsky's Dragonball Z

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
MJ v4 going absolutely ham on eye refraction (too bad the background is blank)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Some more scenes from made up movies:

A screen capture from a 1980s comedy movie about aliens disguised as humans sneaking into a college frat party, dynamic composition, film still, VHS quality --v 4

screen capture from a national lampoon comedy from the 1980s about a hot dog cart turf war, film still, VHS quality --v 4

(I added "on fire" to the last one)

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 30, 2022

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
Are ducks still cool?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
still from an episode of Are you afraid of the dark? Where an alien is eating corn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siguy
Sep 15, 2010

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0

WhiteHowler posted:

"compact disc CD cover art for a ((duck)) (*genre*) band called Duck"

I just used a variant of this prompt and some dreambooth models of my friends to make album art. It's really fun because you can pump out dozens of them and put them together in a way that tells a weird story about someone's ill-fated solo career after leaving their christian punk band, and the janky text just makes it look like these are the foreign versions of the albums.