Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zerg Mans posted:

what do you think happened to all the princess before Peach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFacWGBJ_cs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

This is a-good thread, right Giuseppe?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
stfu

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lib and let die posted:

I've said it somewhere before but whenever I see "WaPo" for Washington Post my brain turns it into "Woppo the guido circus clown"

But doctor, I am WaPo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

only one of the Three Tenors was even Italian

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Is Don Jon an accurate and/or flattering portrayal of Italians? Did Joseph Gordon-Levette do an Italy face?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The opera Don Giovanni covers that story well. As is typical of Italian culture, it was written by an Austrian and set in Spain and only used their language.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

I've said it somewhere before but whenever I see "WaPo" for Washington Post my brain turns it into "Woppo the guido circus clown"

lmfao

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
my favorite character on the x-files is the italian deepstate guy who I assume was quoting godfather bits to the aliens and trying to get their space gabagool recipe.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Epic High Five posted:

He wasn't even Italian, he was Genoese and working in service of the glory of Spain

Julius Caesar was Genoese?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Elon Musk should be ashamed of himself for playing the role of Wario. Wop face is cultural appropriation and that role should have gone to an Italian American.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Weka posted:

Elon Musk should be ashamed of himself for playing the role of Wario. Wop face is cultural appropriation and that role should have gone to an Italian American.

just polish his face up with a little evoo he'll look the part

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfGcrG6rOVQ

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

some plague rats posted:

It's impossible to be racist against italians because there's nothing you can say that they won't prove true

Italians make a show about being disgusted when foreigners break spaghetti, but secretly, in their own homes, they do it too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

there's a really kick rear end greek place next to where i live, you can get something called the "zeus platter" for $25 that's pretty much every greek food invented put onto a single plate. greece rules

It includes every animal that Zeus hosed, but same thing.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Italians make a show about being disgusted when foreigners break spaghetti, but secretly, in their own homes, they do it too.

Listen, there's enough factually accurate stuff we can dig on Italians for that we don't need to make ridiculous stuff up.

You breaka my pasta you breaka my heart

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

They're loud, emotional, invented fascism

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Lib and let die posted:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they got off light in ww2 despite how it was all their fault for producing fascism, because despite being terrible at war they knew how to opportunistically surrender. they surrendered so well that people insult the French for surrendering instead of them. utterly sick.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they were so bad at war in ww2 that wargames have to invent special rules to capture how idiotic and bad they were. like using up more water in a desert campaign because they were still boiling it all away to make pasta. they all look like mario and yell Yippie! ahaha! imma trying to recreate da roman empire, but king koopa beat me up witha brick, mama mia

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
italy is a nation of bastards, it has been conquered hundreds of times. one of the first things some italian guy at a weed cafe in amsterdam said to me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A self loathing italian. Perhaps there is hope for us all

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

they were so bad at war in ww2 that wargames have to invent special rules to capture how idiotic and bad they were. like using up more water in a desert campaign because they were still boiling it all away to make pasta.

Genuinely unsure if true lmfao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ram dass in hell posted:

Honestly same

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

from Campaign for North Africa

mama luigi posted:

[52.6] The Italian Pasta Rule

One of the biggest mistakes the Italians made during the entire Desert Campaign was to provide their troops with a diet which was composed, in large part, of spaghetti and macaroni. Aside from providing insufficient protein (this wasn't Buitoni Brand) pasta has one serious drawback in the desert: you need water to cook it! Therefore, each Italian battalion,when it receives its Stores, must receive an additional 1 point of water when stores are distributed. Any battalion-sized unit that does not receive their Pasta Point (one water point) may not voluntarily exceed their CPA that turn. Furthermore,Italian battalions not receiving their Pasta Point that have a Cohesion Level of -10 or worse immediately become Disorganized,as if they had reached -26. As soon as such units get their Pasta Point,they regain the original cohesion level(i.e., the level they had before they disintegrated.)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

quote:

Italian battalions not receiving their Pasta Point that have a Cohesion Level of -10 or worse immediately become Disorganized

0 lies detected

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I am much like an Italian in that as soon as I get my Pasta Point I regain my original cohesion level, i.e., the level I had before I disintegrated.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
war in the east just hard capped their morale at 50/100 or something and they surrender in 1943 regardless of how the war is actually going (but can have that delayed if you garrison other axis troops in their country)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

So, as a back story, we have this much pasta because we bought it for hurricane supplies and it's just now hitting me that we're we to be in a disaster situation...using our emergency water to boil pasta is uh...maybe not great

Dumbass loving guineas lmao

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
whole grain pasta?

get the gently caress out

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah I signed my post

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
best pasta is the little radiator one

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

This game sounds great

Wikipedia posted:

The Campaign for North Africa has been called the longest board game ever produced, with estimates that a full game would take 1,500 hours to complete.[1][2] Reviewer Luke Winkie pointed out that "If you and your group meets for three hours at a time, twice a month, you’d wrap up the campaign in about 20 years."

Wikipedia posted:

To give an idea of the game's complexity, reviewer Nicholas Palmer outlined the actions for one side's single turn. As a first step, before playing, the player or team must make unit organizations charts for every one of the hundreds of counters on their side. Then each turn:

Plan strategic air missions
Raid Malta
Plan Axis convoys
Raid convoys
Distribute stores and consume stores
Calculate spillage/evaporation of water and adjust all supply dumps
Determine initiative
Determine weather (Hot weather = more evaporation of water)
Distribute water
Reorganize units
Calculate attrition of units short of water and stores
Begin building construction
Begin training
Rearrange supplies
Transport cargo between African ports
Bring convoys ashore
Deploy Commonwealth fleet
Ship repair
Plan tactical air mission if airplanes are fuelled
Begin air mission
Fight air-to-air combat
Fire flak
Carry out mission, return to base, airplane maintenance.
Place land units on reserve
Movement:
Move units, tracking fuel expenditure and breakdown points vis a vis weather
Enemy reaction
Move more units
Combat:
Designate each tank and gun as deployed forward or back
Plot and fire barrages
Retreat before assault
Secretly assign all units to anti-armor or close-assault roles
Anti-armor fire
Adjust ammunition
Deploy destroyed tank markers and update unit records to reflect losses.
Carry out probes and close assaults
Release reserves
Move rear trucks
Begin repair of breakdowns
Make patrols
Repeat all movement and combat steps a second time
Repeat all movement and combat steps a third time[10]

This entire sequence would then be repeated by the other player or team, completing one game turn.

Wikipedia posted:

In 1976, a team of developers started to create CNA, with Richard Berg responsible for the gigantic map. After six months, all of the other developers had left the project, and Berg was asked to complete the game on his own, which he took two years to complete.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
oh and they hosed up their surrender so bad that the germans knew they'd switched sides before the italians on the front line did so the germans just started destroying them, resulting in the entire italian army basically disintegrating. boopita bappA

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
imagine sitting down for a 1500 hour game and going ah yes, i will play fascist italy, lol. love to manage literal pasta logistics for a bunch of loving clowns. making the hard choices of which of my racist idiots will die due to lack of linguini so later generations can loop My Little Dark Age over distorted chef boyardee commercials

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 05:13 on Nov 29, 2022

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

So, as a back story, we have this much pasta because we bought it for hurricane supplies and it's just now hitting me that we're we to be in a disaster situation...using our emergency water to boil pasta is uh...maybe not great

Dumbass loving guineas lmao

Just use the flood water bro

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

papersack posted:

Just use the flood water bro

nature's pasta point

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

imagine sitting down for a 1500 hour game and going ah yes, i will play fascist italy, lol. love to manage literal pasta logistics for a bunch of loving clowns. making the hard choices of which of my racist idiots will die due to lack of linguini so later generations can loop My Little Dark Age over distorted chef boyardee commercials

Somebody hasa to makea da pasta

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
the funniest thing about the italians is that any of them that plays a mobster in a movie pretends they're mobbed up in real life forever, just walkin around all day with the that godfather song on loop in their brains

its hilariously delusional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
greatest cultural achievement for the Italian nation are the criminals they had in a completely different country