Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I believe in Klaus! He wasn't lying about his boys, she's really into all his stuff off screen. You can't see her just out of frame hanging out all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Oh, boysenberry pancakes! I am alarmed by how much of The One That Got Away I can recite by heart! :ohdear:

Njashi9
Nov 2, 2012
It might just be some random thing, but I like to think that Hayley playing around with that basketball is a continuity nod towards Hayley being interested and good at playing basketball (there was a joke about it in the Game Night episode).

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Njashi9 posted:

It might just be some random thing, but I like to think that Hayley playing around with that basketball is a continuity nod towards Hayley being interested and good at playing basketball (there was a joke about it in the Game Night episode).

It for sure is. Hell, the reason she came into the garage during the Girl Scout episode after they kicked her out was to yell at them to leave her basketball alone.

The entire plot around Haley during Yule Tide Repeat was about her playing basketball too.

I'm sure there are more. Its one of the reasons I like this show. Consistency with the characters.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Njashi9 posted:

It might just be some random thing, but

It seems like, aside from Roger's personas, there aren't a whole lot of things on American Dad are just some random thing.

The only inconsistency I can think of (and this is only because I watched it yesterday) is Roger's internal structure -- there's one episode in which he says he has no bones & only has cartilage, but in Criss Cross Applesauce his leg bones are a major plot point.

edit: drat E key, always giving me the business

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 25, 2022

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

It seems like, aside from Roger's personas, there aren't a whole lot of things on American Dad are just some random thing.

The only inconsistency I can think of (and this is only because I watched it yesterday) is Roger's internal structure -- there's one episode in which he says he has no bones & only has cartilage, but in Criss Cross Applesauce his leg bones ar a major plot point.
One of those was dreams, and they are not to be discussed in the daytime.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

His persona had bones

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Roger's internal structure

His internal structure is wrong and scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBzlCgZN8j8&t=49s

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Hm...Roger switching between red and purple blood, Stan's inability to cry, the address of the house, Jeff made some comment about him and Hayley having dinner with his parents, explicitly mentioning his mother who ran away before he was born, Roger not falling into the sky after smoking marijuana in his attempt to find the eloped Hayley/Jeff

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

Cheetah...Cheetos. There is so much beauty in the world.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This cat food will prevent me from floating away, buy the cat food Stan.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

How did we get out of there?
I think we did some sweet maneuvers from that movie, Backdraft.
I never saw Backdraft.
Me neither!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nichael posted:

One of those was dreams, and they are not to be discussed in the daytime.

That is an unsatisfying answer. :colbert:

Brawnfire posted:

His persona had bones

:aaaaa:

FireWorksWell posted:

Hm...Roger switching between red and purple blood,

He has green blood too iirc, and they all come out of different parts of his body so I didn't think too much of it.

mexican willie posted:

Cheetah...Cheetos. There is so much beauty in the world.

Night Ranger, man. Night. Ranger. Thank you for reminding me to clean my bowl.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
You can also see his spine when he shreds his back riding down the shittiest water slide ever.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The flip flop flying off into space in that scene made me lose it laughing the first time

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

The flip flop flying off into space in that scene made me lose it laughing the first time

It was the hawk and its scream that did it for me. That whole sequence is just :kiss:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Speaking of Haley, sometimes she's considered pretty drat hot, other times she's one of those gross hippy chicks who might not be showering regularly.

But I guess you could chalk that one up to being subjective.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TheFattestPat posted:

Speaking of Haley, sometimes she's considered pretty drat hot, other times she's one of those gross hippy chicks who might not be showering regularly.

But I guess you could chalk that one up to being subjective.
I think the idea is, that both of those are true. I.e. she's doesn't really have good hygene, but when she makes a slight effort, for example for her anniversary dinner, she can look stunning.
Of course, it doesn't look that different in the art style.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Like that headband is covering a week without showering or brushing her hair.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
IIRC haley's basketball thing was started by Stan criticizing her at some point which she then said 'only caused her to step up her game'. And I think ever since then they've kept the basketball thing with her. But to be fair the entire family seems to have a love of it, what with Stan using it as a cover story about becoming a better scorer for the family, and the 'he didn't check it up' bit.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I've been sick and just finished binge watching all the episodes I hadn't seen since last time I binge watched the show. I think my favorites were Plot Heavy (the one I started with), A Roger Story, American Dad Graffito (possibly my favorite of the bunch), Gold Top Nuts, The Three Fs, and You Are Here. I'd have included Smooshed: A Love Story if I seriously thought Ali was ever going to show up again.

I am surprised to see that apparently Nerfer had been repeatedly mentioned in the past before her first appearance. While watching Beyond the Alcove I was distracted for a lot of the episode wondering why the hell they named a character Nerfer and gave her such a neat design. It was also interesting to see her show up again in the most recent episode along with Danuta; I guess they're Hayley's friend group now.

Also, huh, so Toshi's just never going to speak again? I guess a lot of his dialogue has been to badmouth his supposed friends in a language they don't understand, so they'd have to figure out some other angle for him if he speaks English.

Hexmage-SA fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 27, 2022

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Toshi has been speaking English the whole time, though?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I gotta read better

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 27, 2022

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

If you want a REAL deep-cut reference, at one point in the early seasons stan says a line about horrible subterranean creatures disturbed by mining activities, which is basically the exact description for the monsters that Stan and Francine encounter in the Australian Borax mines many many many seasons later.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Neeksy posted:

IIRC haley's basketball thing was started by Stan criticizing her at some point which she then said 'only caused her to step up her game'. And I think ever since then they've kept the basketball thing with her. But to be fair the entire family seems to have a love of it, what with Stan using it as a cover story about becoming a better scorer for the family, and the 'he didn't check it up' bit.

I don't approve of your METHODS! :catstare:

:cry:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

My golden grahms

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird to have three plots for this episode.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I want jambalaya now...

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
This Bev di Vincenzo plot is somewhat unsettling.

edit: Of course I post this exactly as the plot ends.

edit2: I am deeply disappointed that neither John Cena nor Paul Rudd were voiced by their respective actors, but otherwise pleased with the episode.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 29, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sex you later, alligator.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Julius owns.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I HAVE MASTERED NATURE, I AM STRONGER THAN GOD!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Zero One posted:

Julius owns.

I like two things about this:

1) They want human skin, and they start cutting off Roger's skin
2) Roger's mostly casual reaction to having a piece of his face cut off

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

his only concern was julius' sweet, sweet virgin eyes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Julius :3: There's just something about an alligator wearing a lil' hat that makes you want jambalaya.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Truly you all do want to gently caress that alligator.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Zero One posted:

Julius owns.

I did not know how much I wanted to see Roger with a small pet alligator.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

dammit i want some jambalaya

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I got some spicy jambalaya last night and it was very good.

Also, if anyone knows anyone who recently died with an intact size three sphincter, please contact me as I'm currently very low on the waiting list for a donor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I was convinced Stan & Hayley were gonna get Miseried, but that was funnier.