Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Turkey is coming to Ukraines rescue

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1597521174409670658?s=20&t=s_U1h9VN8r-8sCiT-8nXfg

I had no idea you can have a 'power ship' that's crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > Ukraine/Russia War: a puncture wound is not the same as a vagina

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

it's just an oil tanker with some diesel gens bolted on top

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
216 MW would help emergency services in Odessa but that is about it.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1597521174409670658?s=20&t=s_U1h9VN8r-8sCiT-8nXfg

I remember a while back, all the rage on popular mechanics was offshore nuclear powerplants for third world countries. Rosatom was I think the closest to making that 'a thing' along with some American company

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
There's no part of this war where Turkey couldn't find some quick con. Having the Bosporus pays its dividends once again!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

russian accounts of a deadly surrender incident omits a key fact is a fun new use of the passive voice, also lol “fact checkers”

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

“deadly surrender incident”, jfc

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
icc accounts of a deadly surrender omit key facts: ukrainian troops had the sun in their eyes and were hungry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

that is the coolest ship I’ve ever seen . holy cow

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ytlaya posted:

Watching this video made me lightheaded from the dummy with the fake femoral artery bleed. I do not do well with blood.

Aren't you usually hosed if you actually have your femoral artery severed by a gunshot wound?

Most wounds are from fragments, which are incredibly variable in size and energy. Pieces of the same shell can cut someone in half and get stopped by a few layers of clothing. So you have a huge variety of possible wounds, which could include arteries being nicked in a treatable way.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 13:44 on Nov 29, 2022

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

"China's path of economic isolationism" lmfao. euros politicians desperately find anybody to blame ftw

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Watching this video made me lightheaded from the dummy with the fake femoral artery bleed. I do not do well with blood.

Aren't you usually hosed if you actually have your femoral artery severed by a gunshot wound?

it does depend but sometimes huge injuries aren’t fatal, for example im aware of a case of a farmer who managed to lose his forearm in some machinery and managed to walk away and get to hospital, purely thanks to the arterial wall spasm stopping him from hosing out all his blood

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

My dad used to get shot in the back of the legs with a shotgun loaded with rock salt when he was stealing fruit from the neighboring farm.

Farmer Maggot doesn't gently caress around

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Ytlaya posted:

first off, sorry for not putting a warning about the fake blood, I'm gonna edit my post

but to answer your question from what I know you might survive (might) if the bleeding is stopped rapidly and you get rushed to an hospital asap. Which is kind of why super secret elite ninja death commandos 7 billion kilometers behind enemy lines "operating" as hard as humanly possible make for cool video games and action movies but aren't great IRL because it turns out teeth to tail ratio matters.

Jel Shaker posted:

russian accounts of a deadly surrender incident omits a key fact is a fun new use of the passive voice, also lol “fact checkers”

I think that's the one that's going to crack ping me about how the press can lie about stuff. The masterful use of passive voice, the quote of tweets and video analysis to excuse what is still obviously a warcrime and the fact they still don't even realize they admit to another illegal act when they they say the standard practice is to cuff and blindfold POWs

January 6 Survivor has issued a correction as of 18:02 on Nov 29, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hosed up to imply Biden was acting in bad faith

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al Jazeera posted:

Moscow accused the United States of toxic anti-Russian behaviour and said this prompted it to postpone nuclear arms talks with US officials in Cairo this week.

“In all areas, we note the highest level of toxicity and hostility from Washington,” Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Telegram.

“As part of the all-out hybrid war unleashed against us, almost every US step towards Russia is subject to a pathological desire to harm our country wherever possible.”

oh, word? well what about

Al Jazeera posted:

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has reaffirmed the alliance’s commitment to Ukraine, saying they will one day become a NATO member.

Stoltenberg’s remarks came as US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and his NATO counterparts gathered in Romania to discuss increased support for Ukraine as Moscow continues to bombard energy infrastructure.

“NATO’s door is open,” Stoltenberg said.

“Russia does not have a veto” on countries joining, he said about the recent entry of North Macedonia and Montenegro into the security alliance. He added that Russian President Vladimir Putin “will get Finland and Sweden as NATO members” soon.

The Nordic neighbours applied for membership in April, concerned that Russia might target them next.

“We stand by that, too, on membership for Ukraine,” the former Norwegian prime minister said.

right, right. ok poland, what are you up to? i see

Al Jazeera posted:

The Polish government plans to charge Ukrainian refugees for food and housing after four months of staying in state accommodation.

More than a million Ukrainian refugees made a temporary home in Poland, Ukraine’s western neighbour, after Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, relying on the kindness of strangers who opened up their homes and government aid.

But resources are drying up, and refugees are having a harder time finding flats and getting support, with Poland facing a cost of living crisis and budget strains.

“Citizens of Ukraine who stay in Poland in collective accommodation centres will participate in the costs of housing and meals,” the government said in a statement.

Those staying in such accommodation, for example, government-funded hotel rooms or school dormitories, longer than 120 days will have to cover 50 percent of the cost up to 40 zlotys ($8.87) per day, per person.

After 180 days, it would be 75 percent of the cost up to 60 zlotys ($13.27). Those unable to work because of their age or disability would be excluded, as would pregnant women, according to the plan.

The government wants the new rules to apply from March 1, 2023. The bill will go to parliament, where it is expected to pass.

aaaand please feed brandon, brandon hungers

Al Jazeera posted:

The US Department of State has approved a second arms sale to Finland within a month, helping Russia’s Nordic neighbour in its bid to strengthen its defences due to the war in Ukraine, Finland and the United States said.

After Russia invaded Ukraine in February, Finland’s government decided to grant an additional 1.7 billion euros ($1.77bn) to arms and other defence material purchases this year alone.

“A very significant share of it will go to [purchases] from the US,” Governmental Counsellor Iikka Marttila from Finland’s Defence Ministry said.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Joe Biden sucked me off?!?!?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Stop trying to make him look cooler than he actually is, MSM.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

SODA!!!!!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's not the interpretation I would go with, but I am not a media expert.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1597465482592153601

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Russiaconflict/status/1597652891460067329

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol this article shows numerous examples how the U.S. is winning across all fronts then ends in a high school essay style decree that actually the opposite is true 'the U.S. benefits more if europe is united'

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hungary stays winning

from economist
Russia is using energy as a weapon
Europe faces an enduring crisis of energy and geopolitics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I feel like in 2022 western media has passed some hidden point an become completley detached from reality

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Sankarasson/status/1597643320159014913

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

quote:

Moscow accused the United States of toxic anti-Russian behaviour and said this prompted it to postpone nuclear arms talks with US officials in Cairo this week.

“In all areas, we note the highest level of toxicity and hostility from Washington,” Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Telegram.

Moscow is doing tumblr callout posts now? the wokes really have won

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/crimea/status/1578773789109882886?lang=en

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

It's not the interpretation I would go with, but I am not a media expert.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1597465482592153601

lol the final lines of the segment. "there wont be any hague, there won't be anything at all, the whole world turned into ashes"

yeah definitely not the right interpretation

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
true maniacs

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/narrative_hole/status/1597567082685530112

rare before and after of the same howitzer being hit by a lancet

i'm guessing it's not good for stuff behind the gun shield to be smoking?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“kamikaze drone “ doesn’t make any sense

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
It does to the average reader tho

speng31b
May 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

drones are people too (myfriend)

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Fancy way of saying 'missile'.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

really, anything from a bullet to an aircraft is a spectrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Atrocious Joe posted:

really, anything from a bullet to an aircraft is a spectrum

The grinning bullet guys from mario bros who live hard, die young, and fade fast