Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Ogryn has so many loving different knives and half of their attack patterns are trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010

Enjoy posted:

You're right, I tested it too by swapping the melee weapon, and damage definitely depends on total item rating!

Item rating is a total multiplier to your damage, cleave and stagger like in Vermintide. Each difficulty has certain thresholds for cleave and specially for stagger, if your item rating is below those you are not doing all the cleave and stagger your weapon can do.

That is why sometimes you have a lower item rating weapon with 1 or 2 good perks doing more damage than a higher rating weapon with a bad one, your other items are buffing you to compensate that difference between the 2 weapons.

Jarvisi posted:

Ogryn has so many loving different knives and half of their attack patterns are trash

The only good one is the Butcher Knife, that one is really good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

Re: crashing at end of round

https://twitter.com/DarktideComms/status/1597317757837934592?t=7IbR8s4ZvBpz3Rg7qMlmwg&s=19

This launch is going to be a complete shitshow and I'm here for it. Just what the gently caress guys

Broken Cog posted:

I feel like a bit of a disclaimer is in order for people testing out weapons right now.
The trait "+#% bonus damage to elites" is apparently currently bugged, and does 10x as much as it's supposed to, so +8% becomes +80% etc. Which might skew results a bit.

lol. maybe they will fix this stuff before release?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Lol

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

CODChimera posted:

Absolutely not.

Well, maybe the crashing one. That seems urgent.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rideANDxORdie posted:

Which braced autogun and which accatran lasgun do people like on veteran? I hate the way some weapons have different uses/feels but only a small change in name (MKII vs MK VII) or whatever. I'm getting close to 30 on veteran and haven't really engaged with the upgrading crafting but want to start setting aside good versions of these guns to upgrade eventually

Vid is the highest dps accatran with the fastest firerate. Viia has a slower firerate and takes 2 energy per shot but has extra piercing that the other lasguns don't have.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Had a fun bug yesterday. One of our team got flung by a mutant into the abyss. Causing him to drop his scripture and have it hanging in mid air over the edge of the drop. So I had to repeatedly hurl myself off spamming the pick up button, while my team mates rescued me over and over. Took 6 attempts but I managed to get it!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Crucian Roulette
+4% Critical Chance for each empty chamber in your weapon.

This is the dumbest loving perk in the game because it can come on weapons with 40-50 round magazines. If you spot one, grab it for future Crafting nonsense so you can staple it to your Autogun of choice and deal double damage (or more!) for the latter half of every magazine, no questions asked.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kith posted:

Crucian Roulette
+4% Critical Chance for each empty chamber in your weapon.

This is the dumbest loving perk in the game because it can come on weapons with 40-50 round magazines. If you spot one, grab it for future Crafting nonsense so you can staple it to your Autogun of choice and deal double damage (or more!) for the latter half of every magazine, no questions asked.

Does that roll for plasma guns too?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

field balm posted:

Man reading the feedback for this game on reddit and other places is making me feel insanely out of touch, or maybe it's just a generational thing? Common points like

-the reward isn't good enough for playing harder difficulties so I'll just play level 2
-the weeklies are too hard
-i have to play a certain way or level for the weeklies

These three make me laugh a lot. Mostly because 3 is "actual run whatever" mode so long as you're leveled.

The weeklies being too hard perplexes me because I played like 3 hours of this game last night and i've actually done most of my weeklies.

The "I have to play a certain way" is people not understanding that what your team does also counts for the weeklies. Shooting 750 dregs? If your team is doing that you don't have to shoot a single one, it'll count all their kills for you!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fishstick posted:

Autoguns only it looks like for the moment.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

dogstile posted:

The weeklies being too hard perplexes me because I played like 3 hours of this game last night and i've actually done most of my weeklies.
It's not really that they are too hard, but as you reach higher levels they'll become a lot longer.

I've gotten a lot more "High complexity" missions on my 30 this week, some of which are "Complete 25 missions" and "Pick up 25 Scriptures", which can be pretty time consuming, and make high level people speedrun level 2 and 3 missions just to complete them. Especially considering how the random mission system works.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I had a weird thing yesterday where the endless horde was actually an endless horde and the screen filled up with enemies and they never stopped coming. It was kinda cool and fun, but every other time i've played a endless horde thing it wasn't like that.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Fishstick posted:

Nope, just for bullet-throwers (Autoguns, the Stub Revolver, and possibly the Ogryn's Twin-Linked Heavy Stubber). Plasma Guns get this instead:

Gets Hot!
Up to +1-5% Critical Chance (scales on Heat Level).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there a place to see all the weapon traits?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Broken Cog posted:

It's not really that they are too hard, but as you reach higher levels they'll become a lot longer.

I've gotten a lot more "High complexity" missions on my 30 this week, some of which are "Complete 25 missions" and "Pick up 25 Scriptures", which can be pretty time consuming, and make high level people speedrun level 2 and 3 missions just to complete them. Especially considering how the random mission system works.

I can see 25 scriptures being a tad silly, at an average of 20 minutes per mission, even if you only pick scriptures missions its still 3 hours and hoping you absolutely find them every run.

Imo, if they tone down the scriptures and complete x missions ones, the weeklies are in a good place.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CODChimera posted:

They fixed it yesterday:

https://twitter.com/DarktideComms/status/1597357035317710849

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I forget who posted about the bugged interaction between the combat knife lacerate skill and haymaker skill but it works for Ogryns the same way, only you just need to take the "bleed on heavy attack" feat then get haymaker.

https://i.imgur.com/8EiAR3H.mp4

Orv
May 4, 2011
Woops turns out they’re doing the maintenance window early, just went down.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Broken Cog posted:

This is the problem. It’s not usually a question of “too hard” rather than “too tedious and arbitrarily makes the game less fun”. Like the “Complete 6 secondary objectives on [particular map]”. First off, doing the same map 6 times when the full game will have 13 is pretty lame. It basically eliminates Quickplay as a preferred play method. Second, getting all 3 scriptures is definitely not always going to happen in pugs, and completing with 2 grims is legitimately difficult the way they’re implemented and reduce wounds. So you’re going to require more than 6 runs on that map, realistically. Running the same map over and over is the opposite of what the game devs should be encouraging.

Also, who is averaging 20 minutes per game in 3* Endless Horde pugs? 25+ minutes is the norm I’ve found. That 25 mission weekly adds up to 12 hours, which is a heck of a lot for one character. Compare these to tasks like “Kill 1000 Dregs/Scrabs with Melee/Ranged”, which are trivial.

I’d be fine with spending money rerolling, but currently you can only reroll a particular contract task three times. Attempting a fourth time will provide the expected prompts but won’t actually do anything if you click “Accept”. I really hope they change something about these.

Magitek fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 29, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

quote:

As a way of showing our gratitude, we would like to give all players that played the beta a bespoke set of headgear. This will include the following:
A Beta Company Flak helm (Size: XXXXXL).
A Recon Company Beta Helm and Psykana Collar
A Recon Company Beta Vanguard Helm
The Helm of the Devoted, bearing a Seal of Intolerance

:hmmyes: free swag :hmmyes:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Orv posted:

Woops turns out they’re doing the maintenance window early, just went down.

Do we know if the game is down now until release, or will it be back up again in a few hours?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The weekly stuff looked essentially placeholder so I’ve chosen to ignore it since I saw quests like “complete 6 secondary objectives on [specific map]” which would be enough of a lol on its own if mission selection wasn’t limited by a lovely early pd2 crimenet that restricts difficulty choice and might not spawn the map with a secondary objective at all, plus my completion rate of those objectives is maybe 10% since no one knows where the books spawn

If it’s still this bad in two weeks then that’s a real problem

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dravs posted:

Do we know if the game is down now until release, or will it be back up again in a few hours?

Pretty sure it's going to be down until launch tomorrow

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Dravs posted:

There's a timer in the launcher that says it's down for a day and a half or so.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

A free helmet without having to do 15 challenges? I take back everything I said about you, Fatshark. I can be very easily bought.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

CuddleCryptid posted:

A free helmet without having to do 15 challenges? I take back everything I said about you, Fatshark. I can be very easily bought.

You can just buy a helmet from the store when you hit 30 anyway, which is probably the reason you see psykers with the hood around.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Broken Cog posted:

You can just buy a helmet from the store when you hit 30 anyway, which is probably the reason you see psykers with the hood around.

Sadly I was diagnosed with clinical Alt-itis when Wrath of the Lich King came out years back and I currently have three level 15 characters. Someday I could reach that peak, but for now I'm happy with charity.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
When you finish the first penance that awards a helmet you get a (II) version of it that has a swankier helmet. Second veteran one has a dustguard mask, third a rebreather and the fourth is a full on mask with glowing green eyes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Broken Cog posted:

Is there a place to see all the weapon traits?

Games Lantern has a bunch of them. It's not perfect since it's relying on submitted information instead of datamining, but that's way better than nothing. It also helps that the site recently updated and you can filter weapons by what classes have access to them.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I hit level 30 at the end of a mission when they switched off the servers apparently, when it tried to load me back I got the error message. Wonder if that'll balls up the cutscene? I know it's not an amazing thing apparently but I'd like to see it in game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

thebardyspoon posted:

I hit level 30 at the end of a mission when they switched off the servers apparently, when it tried to load me back I got the error message. Wonder if that'll balls up the cutscene? I know it's not an amazing thing apparently but I'd like to see it in game.

I'm sure it'll be along the lines of "You did a good job so far but you have a long way to go still"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

explosivo posted:

I'm sure it'll be along the lines of "You did a good job so far but you have a long way to go still"

It's a short little scene but it has a really baller soundtrack on it thats cool to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcODcI1wf4U

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Since this is a Tide megathread, I have a question about Vermintide 2!

Is there any way to stop bots essentially being snacks on legs for a Chaos Spawn? I find that on the higher difficulties they do OK against other bosses. But they seem unable to ever dodge the grab attack, so they just feed Spawns health to the point where they become unkillable. I know you can stagger it with an ult or a bomb but when there's only one human player that feels pretty unreliable.

Do any of the better bots mods improve things?

Zephro fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 29, 2022

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

BombiTheZombie posted:

When you finish the first penance that awards a helmet you get a (II) version of it that has a swankier helmet. Second veteran one has a dustguard mask, third a rebreather and the fourth is a full on mask with glowing green eyes.

Which is one of the reasons why the penances being so unbalanced kinda sucks. I've seen a ton of veterans with the t2 and t3 helmet, quite a few Zealots with the t2 helmet, a few Psykers with the t2 helmet, but not even a single Ogryn with a t2 helmet.

That "Charge through 100 enemies in a single charge" penance is one hell of a blocker.

Edit: What are the requirements for the t4 helmet? Don't think I've seen anyone with one of those.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 29, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

explosivo posted:

It's not.

You, and a so-minor-they-don't-even-have-lines character that appeared briefly in the other cutscenes, are brought before Rannick, and he makes a big pronouncement about how one of you will join the warband and the other one is a traitor. He threatens you first, then shoots the other one when they try to run. Congratulations, you're now a proper servant of the Inquisitor.

Broken Cog posted:

That "Charge through 100 enemies in a single charge" penance is one hell of a blocker.

All of the higher-level Ogryn ones are also super reliant on the stars aligning and a sub-optimal feat, too.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Diephoon posted:

I forget who posted about the bugged interaction between the combat knife lacerate skill and haymaker skill but it works for Ogryns the same way, only you just need to take the "bleed on heavy attack" feat then get haymaker.

https://i.imgur.com/8EiAR3H.mp4

they really need to fix this stuff cause everyone will go for it and it'll make the game boooring.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I’m thinking about getting Darktide as I love 40K and RPGs and co-op games. How is the control layout? Are key bindings fully customizable? I use a controller and mouse at the same time, and it took WAY too long to get it to work in Vermintide (game would recognize input from both, but not at the same time.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Which is one of the reasons why the penances being so unbalanced kinda sucks. I've seen a ton of veterans with the t2 and t3 helmet, quite a few Zealots with the t2 helmet, a few Psykers with the t2 helmet, but not even a single Ogryn with a t2 helmet.

Edit: What are the requirements for the t4 helmet? Don't think I've seen anyone with one of those.

Only got the second one, but im guessing its complete every single class-based penance in the game. Certain ones like "get 4 headshot kills in the span of one volley fire" or "complete x amount of maps" have several steps to them with just increasing numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

thebardyspoon posted:

My game crashed after finishing a level but before loading back on the ship. The cutscene I got for hitting level 14 or whatever just played when I reloaded the game so you should still be able to see it