Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

For the love of God speak like normal people

You didn’t see this all of this coming when you made the OP, did you? I mean, nobody really could have. But you did it. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
what a league of losers

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kanye has declared a fatwah against Pool.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Buschmaki posted:

For the love of God speak like normal people

Ave Satanas

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Mister Speaker posted:

Legit question, do narcissists often kill themselves?

From personal experience? Surprisingly, yes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nobody else could do as good a job of it as them, of course

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kanye has declared Pool a leftist shill and statements from his 2024 running mate hopeful are "I don't know who Tim pool is" a clear sign of the parties back being turned on him.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he left because he got confused and thought tim pool was tim apple

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
he left because there was no pool, so how could he meet tim at the pool?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mozi posted:

he left because he got confused and thought tim pool was tim apple

Lmao. Did he demand the next phone be a Collab with Yeezys?

Spinning swastika on the back right next to the apple logo?

Comes with a 'one third the holocaust' on itunes in 8K

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Buschmaki posted:

The origin for its use in Louisiana literally comes from a different language

Jelly posted:

I'm the sound tech on crutches.

Scream it out to the world, incels. Get all your Nazi buddies in one spot so we can see who you all are.

This is good stuff IMO.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

"Coon" and "coonass" for Cajuns is absolutely a Thing. It's not clear where it came from, there's a chance it's an offshoot of being used for black people, there's a better chance it came from the French language. There's a divide among Cajun people over its usage: some folks embrace and call themselves a coonass, someone sued his employer for constantly calling him that. A friend of mine lived in Louisiana for a few years and got to meet one of the guys from the show "Swamp People," who proudly called himself a coonass

It's better to not use it, in my opinion, because many Cajun/Acadian people don't like it. But if you want some fun, look up "coonass music"

lmao. TIL Louisiana exists in a vacuum and is definitely not racist, no sir.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm really sorry you think people who speak other languages should conform their words to what you find acceptable in your own language. I think they call that ethnocentrism and it's a sign of racism, so I hope you learn to accept that you live in a multicultural world.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nazi judged likely to kill self - "what a tragedy, he's really quite a good artist" say goons

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Say what you will but Kanye's doing way better than hitler on both sides of the ball.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Buschmaki posted:

I'm really sorry you think people who speak other languages should conform their words to what you find acceptable in your own language. I think they call that ethnocentrism and it's a sign of racism, so I hope you learn to accept that you live in a multicultural world.

:psyduck:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
got drat everything is so incredible stupid

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Coonass, or coon-rear end, is a derogatory term for a person of Cajun ethnicity. It's believed to originate from the French word "conasse" meaning a fool.’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coonass

MrDizzystick
Mar 8, 2007

Pillbug

thin blue whine posted:

got drat everything is so incredible stupid

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Kanye has declared a fatwah against Pool.

Lol I know you’re bullshiting but did he.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Powerful Katrinka posted:

"Coon" and "coonass" for Cajuns is absolutely a Thing. It's not clear where it came from, there's a chance it's an offshoot of being used for black people, there's a better chance it came from the French language. There's a divide among Cajun people over its usage: some folks embrace and call themselves a coonass, someone sued his employer for constantly calling him that. A friend of mine lived in Louisiana for a few years and got to meet one of the guys from the show "Swamp People," who proudly called himself a coonass

It's better to not use it, in my opinion, because many Cajun/Acadian people don't like it. But if you want some fun, look up "coonass music"

“Coonass” is a horrible slur with a well known history that doesn’t seem to be documented very well outside of the oral traditions of very old southern families with extremely southern names who are also extremely racist. My family is one of those! Here’s a hopefully less racist take on what they taught me about it:

As my people tell it, this awful word is derived from the Acadian term of endearment cu de chaoui, which literally means rear end of a racoon. English speaking southerners were exposed to this phrase during Louisiana’s oil boom in the early 20th century when many poor French speaking Acadians left their homes to seek opportunity on the oil fields. The English speaking workers asked curiously, “what does this funny sounding word you keep calling each other mean?”, and the few Acadians who knew a bit of English translated it back literally.

This sounded absolutely hilarious to the American speaking Americans and they would repeat it ad nauseum. In short order it was reduced to coonass, which is especially unfortunate because the components of this corrupted loanword aligned perfectly with the popular racist memes of the time.

The south being what it is—and, for that matter, America being what it is—viewed these folk as lessers. They were from somewhere else. Their blood was mixed with someone else. They made their home in wild places. They held no title to their lands. Their culture was as strange and incomprehensible as their language. It was easy to look down on them as backwards and uncivilized.

They were, in the old days and in the eyes of the old planter class, viewed as less than white. Then, as the plantations fell and the ol’ planters metamorphosed from masters of men into masters of industry, the poor Acadians began to be viewed as even less than that. After all, what good is a worker who can’t understand simple English? How do you instruct them?

And so, the English speaking oil workers ridiculed these uninstructables while their bosses cheered them on. A common phrase for friends and loved ones, cu de chaoui, was ripped away by colonizers and used to reinforce a disgusting socioracial hierarchy. This enclosure was furthered in the 1920s when laws were passed that required schools to only provide instruction in English.

When the 1940’s rolled around most of the exclusively French speaking Acadians were so old and infirm that they were worthless to industry. The young and useful understood their bosses’ orders perfectly. The ol’ planters had won.

By the time the 1960’s were in full swing and the civil rights movement had gained strength many of the Acadians’ descendants began to be welcomed into whiteness—just so long as they passed. The Cajun identity developed amongst this group and for some of them the meaning of coonass changed entirely. It was a badge of pride and a symbol of all they’d overcome. It was their word.

It’s still racist as poo poo though. The big insult of coonass back in the day wasn’t that it sounded funny. It was a slur that implied the target was, as my grandfather put it, worth less than a coon’s rear end. I’m pretty sure he meant that in the most racist way possible.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

BigBadSteve posted:

Coonass, or coon-rear end, is a derogatory term for a person of Cajun ethnicity. It's believed to originate from the French word "conasse" meaning a fool.’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coonass

That’s definitely not what the French mean when they yell connasse

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
I cant believe you're all just saying C**n so much and so often when you should all be probed/banned for basically saying the N word.

You know what the hell it means.

"Oh but this loophole..."

CumBlast Radius Jr fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 29, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This is one of the dumbest derails ever.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
If anything, i do appreciate dick fontaine's history lesson though.

Also greg of doom has no room to speak lmao.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

god please help me posted:

Also greg of doom has no room to speak lmao.

I may be a lovely poster but I don't post racist slurs

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

skete

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Edmund Sparkler posted:

This is one of the dumbest derails ever.

SILENCE! I'm trying to learn some Louisiana history.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

ye looks like someone shot his dog in front of him lol

the look of a man who's so divorced, he's divorced from the concept of happiness

https://twitter.com/AndrewKirell/status/1597443595988258816?t=5Z6AVajeXWaS2qHHuLNquQ&s=19

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

nice fuckin galoshes

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm surprised that Kanye hasn't gone on the Jesse Lee Peterson show yet.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

dude looks more homeless with every picture

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lookin extremely derelicte

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So here's a question. Is Kanye a white supremist AND an anti-Semite or is he hanging out with neo-Nazis because of the common hate of Jews?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

nice fuckin galoshes

They probably cost more than like idk a 2012 Camry lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tarkus posted:

So here's a question. Is Kanye a white supremist AND an anti-Semite or is he hanging out with neo-Nazis because of the common hate of Jews?

remember when he said 400 years of slavery was a choice black people made for themselves

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tarkus posted:

Yes

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
trying to figure out if he's trying to be old and trendy, or if he's just not giving any fucks because he's old and doesn't give a poo poo about being trendy anymore

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
At least judging from the Hebrew Israelites who yell at people downtown; Anybody of African descent who doesn't believe the they are the secret true Jews deserves what they get.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

what the gently caress is milo's hair did he style it with jizz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Philthy posted:

trying to figure out if he's trying to be old and trendy, or if he's just not giving any fucks because he's old and doesn't give a poo poo about being trendy anymore

I mean, all his homeless chic is from his own incredibly expensive fashion line, despite looking like … that