Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real connoisseurs can tell that's the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

probably when youtube kicks you out

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Data finally whips out his fully functional

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think what tends to happen is there's a tiny bump and that makes people curious so the bump grows.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MikeJF posted:

Do you think there's clubs on earth that sail around in replicated WW2 ships battling each other but the shells only make holo-explosions and tell you you're dead now and lie down

because that sounds like a rad hobby

naval battles fought by robot warships as a form of television entertainment was a plot device in an old book called Colossus and The Crab

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Bashir and his 7 boyfriends.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I feel like we missed out by never having a conversation where Garak and O'Brien got to make fun of Bashir together.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

I feel like we missed out by never having a conversation where Garak and O'Brien got to make fun of Bashir together.

I never knew I wanted this until this moment. :magical:

In the same regard, I'd also hold that not letting General Martok get in on the Alamo diorama shenanigans was a crime. You know he'd have loved that poo poo.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I have a giant plushie sloth called Gurgi that I got for my birthday. And my mother just mentioned that it's like having a toddler.

All off a sudden I was transported to the past and remembering when I was very little seeing my mother play a game by a man named Tobias Richter. That game was a fan game called "Star Trek: The game of the future of mankind" and it was awesome.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Zesty posted:

Bashir and his 7 boyfriends.

Bashir has seven boyfriends
Miles has but one
But when they get together
That butt gets eight, well done!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Prurient Squid posted:

All off a sudden I was transported to the past and remembering when I was very little seeing my mother play a game by a man named Tobias Richter. That game was a fan game called "Star Trek: The game of the future of mankind" and it was awesome.

Hey, you can download it here and throw it on an Amiga emulator.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pondex posted:

They must have a vaccine against PTSD. That would explain a lot. Picard was fit for service after a few days when he was borgified and tortured by the cardassians.
to be fair, this is a guy who laughed when he was stabbed through the heart.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Prurient Squid posted:

I have a giant plushie sloth called Gurgi that I got for my birthday. And my mother just mentioned that it's like having a toddler.

what

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

they have a giant plushie sloth called Gurgi that they got for their birthday. And their mother just mentioned that it's like having a toddler.

All off a sudden they were transported to the past and remembering when they were very little seeing their mother play a game by a man named Tobias Richter. That game was a fan game called "Star Trek: The game of the future of mankind" and it was awesome.

(Hey, you can download it here and throw it on an Amiga emulator.)

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I LOVE this guy!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I never knew I wanted this until this moment. :magical:

In the same regard, I'd also hold that not letting General Martok get in on the Alamo diorama shenanigans was a crime. You know he'd have loved that poo poo.

It would have been good if Chief and Doctor exited it looking dejected and Martok comes out gloriously happy because he saved the Alamo and lead them to victory

“He missed the point…”

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Remember when the Klingons accused Worf of war crimes and as evidence they point to logs of him LARPing as a war criminal on the holodeck?

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Wow many warcrimes do you need on your record before you can be promoted to admiral?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yes.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I've been viewing your personnel file. Wow, many warcrimed. Promotion to admiral?

Sisko: "Yes."

edit:

Worf will never make admiral because he only commits his warcrimes on the holodeck. Unless you count asassination of foreign leaders as a crime.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 28, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Prurient Squid posted:

I've been viewing your personnel file. Wow, many warcrimed. Promotion to admiral?

Sisko: "Yes."

edit:

Worf will never make admiral because he only commits his warcrimes on the holodeck. Unless you count asassination of foreign leaders as a crime.

He didn't do it while in uniform, so it doesn't count.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm thinking of Durga. Yeah, that probably qualifies.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

It didn't count because he crossed his fingers behind his back.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Remember when that one Cardassian got super pissed because a Ferengi was playing a boardgame wrong lmao.

naem
May 29, 2011

Cardassians are lawful evil and insist on following all rules, ferrenghi are neutral evil and just play to win

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Nimoy tells the story of how Gene saved him from getting the axe after the Execs wanted him and Majel Barret off the show.

Gene Roddenbury posted:

"NBC finally said that either the woman or the Martian - meaning Spock - had to go. So I kept the Vulcan and married the woman because, obiously, I couldn't have done it the other way around..."

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
It anyone could have back then it would have been Gene.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Gene goes back to front, he didn’t care.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

HD DAD posted:

:gowron:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

HD DAD posted:

Knowing Gene's reputation, he probably preferred it.

Also, I'm watching the Voyager episode where the Doctor inhabits 7of9 and Jeri Ryan is a decent comedic actor

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gene wasn't that gross, he did it once then started heartily recommending against it after Majel got an infection from it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the rest of the quote is the person recounting the story wondering why the hell roddenberry told him about it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the rest of the quote is the person recounting the story wondering why the hell roddenberry told him about it.

The way of Absolute Candor

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

First thing that comes to mind

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Prurient Squid posted:

Nimoy tells the story of how Gene saved him from getting the axe after the Execs wanted him and Majel Barret off the show.

That story's bullshit, NBC didn't have a problem with a woman as first officer, they had a problem with Gene giving such an important role to his girlfriend.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Particularly his mistress. In addition to the general nepotism, it was a Desilu production and Lucille Ball had some particularly firm views on infidelity. (When she found out he'd hired her as Chapel she nearly shut down the show.)

That said, they were also pretty iffy on the satan-looking character, and it is true that Gene offering up Number One helped him persuade them to let Spock through.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 29, 2022

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

MikeJF posted:

That said, they were also pretty iffy on the satan-looking character...

He was originally supposed to have red skin!

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

So basically Spock canibalised the Majel Barett character and her cold calculation and being the second in command became features of him.

Now that I think about it, the original brief of Spock being a half human and half vulcan and having a burning emotional side fighting his rational side is probably more explored in the character of Tuvok.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

"Riker: there's only one place to poo poo" now in MP4 format!

https://i.imgur.com/XdnKDeR.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mike Nelson was the best Janeway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZLcIpbOHIU