Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zisky posted:

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1597276175474515970?t=yQWpGT-LN-JckJxSH__alg&s=09

For this dry rear end shawarma that's in a tortilla for some reason?

No Scran!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
This is such a dumb joke this world cup that you have to laugh at the child like handling of it all. All to get one up on your neighbours and laughed at.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

...wheres the garlic sauce? wheres the tahini?

cup tied

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Tai posted:

This is such a dumb joke this world cup that you have to laugh at the child like handling of it all. All to get one up on your neighbours and laughed at.

yeah, I'm trying to be mindful of not just slipping into Unpleasant Kilroy Overtones, but imagine getting literally your one and only chance to see your country at a world cup and then loving off as soon as they go 2-0 down, leaving just the hired help you brought in because you didn't feel like cheering

all of this will be reclaimed by the desert and nothing of value will be lost

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

FullLeatherJacket posted:

yeah, I'm trying to be mindful of not just slipping into Unpleasant Kilroy Overtones, but imagine getting literally your one and only chance to see your country at a world cup and then loving off as soon as they go 2-0 down, leaving just the hired help you brought in because you didn't feel like cheering

I wouldn’t want to watch that fraud team play in the bribery cup either lol

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Infantino, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Zisky posted:

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1597276175474515970?t=yQWpGT-LN-JckJxSH__alg&s=09

For this dry rear end shawarma that's in a tortilla for some reason?

lavash is like the standard shawarma bread, wat

the whole lack of sauce or other ingredients is pretty ridiculous though

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

VSOKUL girl posted:

lavash is like the standard shawarma bread, wat

the whole lack of sauce or other ingredients is pretty ridiculous though

Thin rear end non-flaky rear end lavash.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
As someone who has tasted that sort of hotel catering service shawarma bread I can 100% confirm it is neither as nice and soft as lavash or normal Arabic bread it’s really disgusting dry skin flake rear end bread and the filling is as dry and terrible as you would think it would. Awful.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I've had some bad shawarma before and the wrap was incredibly stiff. also there was a kosher hot dog in it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
first the 6 thousand dead workers, stealing flags off gays, a desolate uninhabitable overpriced container wasteland and now a mediocre wrap? Theyve gone too far.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

NotJustANumber99 posted:

first the 6 thousand dead workers, stealing flags off gays, a desolate uninhabitable overpriced container wasteland and now a mediocre wrap? Theyve gone too far.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Did you mean to post this in your self-build thread

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao loving Qatar. Arabic food is pretty dam good but badly under sung. You could of at least tried to make an effort and market it lmao.

e - Funny enough, I'm cooking Joojeh kabab tonight and you should all try it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the youtube channel Middle Eats is real good, all the recipes are simple and any i tried were good poo poo

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Oh gently caress that sounds good thanks for sharing!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

not to beat a dead horse here but if you can't be bothered to serve someone chicken with some kind of sauce what the gently caress are you even doing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

not to beat a dead horse here but if you can't be bothered to serve someone chicken with some kind of sauce what the gently caress are you even doing
it’s sportwashing not scranwashing

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The scran should ideally come pre-washed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Crazy Ted posted:

If you beat a dead horse til it's tender you've got some good scran meat right there

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
No lie, there’s a great horse sashimi restaurant down the street from me.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Qatar's top World Cup organizing official now admits the World Cup worker death toll is "between 400 and 500", going against the organizing committee's previous claim that there were only 3 workplace and 37 non-workplace worker deaths. This is still a long way off from the journalists' and NGOs' estimates and has once again been used as evidence that the Qatari authorities are being incredibly opaque and reluctant to allow any investigation into the actual human cost of the World Cup. Announcing vague numbers in media interviews is not in any way the same as allowing open, transparent investigations to determine the cause of people's deaths, facilitate effective reform to protect those in similar positions in the future, and ensure workers' families receive compensation.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you beat a dead horse til it's tender you've got some good scran meat right there
I failed to consider this.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

...wheres the garlic sauce? wheres the tahini?

Where do you loving THINK it is

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Where do you loving THINK it is

I dont know where is it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It ain't in Qa__tar

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Failed Imagineer posted:

:britain:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's the French that eat horse!!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
According to the labels

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1597645389137555456

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

FIFA exec sighs with annoyance and clicks "Forward" again on the email to the Qatari government

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Protesting the promotion of gay rights by stripping other men naked :thunkher:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

vyelkin posted:

Qatar's top World Cup organizing official now admits the World Cup worker death toll is "between 400 and 500", going against the organizing committee's previous claim that there were only 3 workplace and 37 non-workplace worker deaths. This is still a long way off from the journalists' and NGOs' estimates and has once again been used as evidence that the Qatari authorities are being incredibly opaque and reluctant to allow any investigation into the actual human cost of the World Cup. Announcing vague numbers in media interviews is not in any way the same as allowing open, transparent investigations to determine the cause of people's deaths, facilitate effective reform to protect those in similar positions in the future, and ensure workers' families receive compensation.

They just didn't know they had to count the migrant deaths when they released the earlier numbers. Didn't realize they were people.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So turns out a coworker decided to travel out to Qatar to cheer on the US. Him and his Dad have gone to every World Cup as a tradition.

I asked him to describe the mood out there and he wrote back "flaccid".

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm waiting for the fans to bitch about how there's absolutely nothing to do in the areas as we're reaching the point where there's only 2 games per matchday and days off.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
at this point i would have expected more stories about tents being slashed but maybe whatever panopticon qatar might have in place has deterred such incidents

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Apparently all the malls are only selling Adidas merch, Nike shops are boarded up you can only buy team shirts that Adidas make in Qatar

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Sounds like a big L for Nike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

karmicknight posted:

Sounds like a big L for Nike.

Massive win for puma though