Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

why is the postleft account surveilling a center left host???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I will listen to the cursed podcast and report back.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/postleftwatch/status/1596917501480558592?s=46&t=9F3ZEVq35AIddd7DQ__fqw

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

COPE 27 posted:

Oh my God, his plan to escape a life of physical intimidation and sexual bullying was to join the Marine Corps lmao

I worked with, no exaggeration, dozens of these guys. It’s one of the most common “types” in the combat arms.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

cant be bullied if i murder ppl

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

quote:

a lifetime of firsthand research on the Something Awful forums

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Remember ALAB? That was a good podcast

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Popy posted:

cant be bullied if i murder ppl

If you remember Generation Kill and the character BK, this is pretty much how those guys turn out.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Remember ALAB? That was a good podcast

Did you not see the new episodes?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Reik posted:

Did you not see the new episodes?

The new episode a month ago?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
That's warp speed for them.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

c'mon bam i gotta get up at 4 in the mornin quit sunkin my dunk

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zedhe Khoja posted:

That's warp speed for them.

Actually, yeah y'all are right. Those guys got day jobs and poo poo and the product is high-quality when it does come out.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Alex Jones might be actually dead by the time Part 2 comes out

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

valiantly stopping the propagation of harmful conspiracy theories while at the same time complaining that "cum town" controls the youtube algorithm

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
we regret to inform you that the next episode of ALAB is delayed until the terms of the litigation with Alex Jones is complete and scheduling can be organised to record his appearance on the podcast

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The cool part about ALAB is that even though they are podcasts hosts they all seem to know at least a little bit about law and could probably have been good actual lawyers had they applied themselves to non-posting arts.

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
Listening to the new Chapo I was thinking that Matt C. seems kind of checked out, I start wondering if they're going to split into different shows soon, etc. etc., but then they got a listener question about potato chip flavors and he perked right up and it was like the old days again!

Also sorry to say but I will probably listen to the SA history podcast. I was on and off the forums for long stretches over the years just because of life circumstances and all that. I often see references to forums things I missed that look funny. However, when the way to get the backstory is "just keep reading... it starts to get really crazy on page 142!" I'd rather not, but I am willing to listen to a confirmed furry make stairs references for 40 minutes into my ears. I think he's pretty funny on twitter so will give it a shot and report back.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Half the show moving to LA on the heels of the Bernie campaign was the writing on the wall. There are moments, but there have been a lot of low points recently.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's really easy to tell the difference between a zoom call and people together in the same room. zoom podcasts are dire

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i say swears online posted:

it's really easy to tell the difference between a zoom call and people together in the same room. zoom podcasts are dire

seriously, i can't believe how many popular podcasts are doing this now. it absolutely kills conversation flow and chemistry

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

chapo's been fine lately imo, i feel like there's always someone saying it's going down hill (which was most true immediately post-bernie/covid, but they rebounded from that alright)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

Listening to the new Chapo I was thinking that Matt C. seems kind of checked out, I start wondering if they're going to split into different shows soon, etc. etc., but then they got a listener question about potato chip flavors and he perked right up and it was like the old days again!

Matt's been quite lively on his vlogs recently. He talks for a bit on the last couple about how he thinks about Chapo post-Bernie: purely as entertainment divorced from politics.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Joementum posted:

Matt's been quite lively on his vlogs recently. He talks for a bit on the last couple about how he thinks about Chapo post-Bernie: purely as entertainment divorced from politics.

man gets divorced once and thinks it’s a cure for everything

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's been about the same overall for awhile but it seems like the midterms got their juices flowing again.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

selec posted:

man gets divorced once and thinks it’s a cure for everything

lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
5-4 is your comes out every day diet coke, ALAB is an artisan hand-crafted carbonated syrup aperitif. Two podcasts that work well together imo

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Rhiannon is the only good 5-4 change my mind

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

alab is the sodastream of podcasts, understood

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

COPE 27 posted:

Rhiannon is the only good 5-4 change my mind

No you're right

She's the Alice of the pod :xickos:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Iirc correctly Alice the only non anarchist on WTYP so that one's easy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol how is donoteat an anarchist, that seems counterproductive to his goal of Trains

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
laughing really hard (internally) while thinking about anarchists developing a rail network

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the milk machine posted:

laughing really hard (internally) while thinking about anarchists developing a rail network

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I feel like you could, technically, make it work but a centralized system would be easier, faster, and safer so why bother. Same as most anarchist ideas - you can, but should you?

As an Anarcho-stalinist I want kulack-ran gulags

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the railroads are centralized by the rolling stock is anarchist. every house has a siding and a locomotive.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Anyway all the listener call ins on Chapo are cringe but the girl asking how to get laid was even worse lmao. Asking for dating advice from dude podcasters

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Anyway all the listener call ins on Chapo are cringe but the girl asking how to get laid was even worse lmao. Asking for dating advice from dude podcasters

she should've called in to cum town and gotten adam's advice

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's been about the same overall for awhile but it seems like the midterms got their juices flowing again.

They were one of the only observers who didn’t go all in on the red wave/red fizzle, which I guess they’re capable of learning I say as somebody who was all in on the red wave but also the red fizzle was funny as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
waking up in the morning and heading down to my job in the control room at the anarchist railroad switching yard

(i don't know if anarchists support employment existing or not, please do not get mad at me)