Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

That's what I don't get: why do all these morons think Twitter is so powerful? It's just a stupid site where you post your toilet thoughts or journalists lazily break news: it's not "HE WHO CONTROLS THE TWEET CONTROLS THE WORLD!" :shepface:

He's not the first Right Winger to heavily value the shitpost site either: look at Loomer

Just post somewhere else, christ

It's extremely basic, uncomplicated jealousy and spite. They see other people with different values getting attention and get jealous and angry that it's not them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MikeJF posted:

Well that was why he got sued earlier this year, a shareholder was asking why the gently caress Tesla was paying him 50 million a year when he was busy CEOing all the other companies.

lmao that's billion with a B

(though not per year, it was a one-time bonus payout for getting the stock price up to X value. and it was in stock not real money.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

More like Pee On Much.

Somewhere, Some Plague Rats sheds a single angry tear.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Apple has not yet given Musk an ultra-mega wedgie WHY NOT DONE?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/zoeschiffer/status/1597582642601283584?s=46&t=OGGTzkKiY7G2HbZC2lsx_g

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

If you are constantly removing the bottom 10% of your workforce, doesn't that eventually leave you with no one?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
But I’m a hardware engineer Elon?

COOOOOOOOOOODE!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ship code?

...to where, another part of the internet?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
If there's one thing that helps a company dealing with losing 90% of their developers, it's EVERYONE WRITING MORE CODE

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Zil posted:

If you are constantly removing the bottom 10% of your workforce, doesn't that eventually leave you with no one?

no it leaves you with a group referred to as the power nine

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Of all the difficulties twitter encounters I have to imagine “not enough code” is not one of them.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I mostly drink water or alcohol but I do like diet pepsi or diet dr. peeper in the morning instead of coffee. People say it's bad fod me but no one has ever said exactly how.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

that's how running a website works

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Everyone shipping code rapidly sounds like the best possible way to destroy all the vaunted and hard-won reliability that's been keeping it going lately.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I mostly drink water or alcohol but I do like diet pepsi or diet dr. peeper in the morning instead of coffee. People say it's bad fod me but no one has ever said exactly how.

That’s based on a study where they gave rats huge quantities of aspartame and they developed lesions in their brains

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If there one thing an infrastructure company with a fun front end app needs, it's weekly pushes to production.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nexous posted:

That’s based on a study where they gave rats huge quantities of aspartame and they developed lesions in their brains

I'll still keep drinking that garbage

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

nexous posted:

I heard someone on Joe Rogan say some vague thing about gut flora and glucose

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TulliusCicero posted:

Ship code?

...to where, another part of the internet?
Wrong type of shipping.

The Linux Array gently ran its hand along the Python command line's thigh...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nexous posted:

There was a study where they gave rats huge quantities of drinking water and they developed death from drowning.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1597576368325271553

Know why Musk wants to go to Mars? Cause he doesn't believe the moon exist.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

What impact does your code have? :shrug:
What does your code do? :shrug:
What will happen when you get fired and you have not spoken to anyone about your undocumented code? :shrug:

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Everyone knows the best thing for stability of a platform is to stuff as much code as possible into it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1597576368325271553

Know why Musk wants to go to Mars? Cause he doesn't believe the moon exist.

I'm glad this guy is speed running the death of Twitter; makes things way easier than if he just slowly but surely ramped up the idiocy.

People are still lying about COVID? Really? It's been like 2 years and now it only seems to kill Republicans.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'll still keep drinking that garbage

To be clear, I meant the study was garbage and I enjoy my Coke Zero

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm glad this guy is speed running the death of Twitter; makes things way easier than if he just slowly but surely ramped up the idiocy.

People are still lying about COVID? Really? It's been like 2 years and now it only seems to kill Republicans.

who do you think is lying about COVID

nexous posted:

To be clear, I meant the study was garbage and I enjoy my Coke Zero

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/258262904091058176

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

TulliusCicero posted:

That's what I don't get: why do all these morons think Twitter is so powerful? It's just a stupid site where you post your toilet thoughts or journalists lazily break news: it's not "HE WHO CONTROLS THE TWEET CONTROLS THE WORLD!" :shepface:

He's not the first Right Winger to heavily value the shitpost site either: look at Loomer

Just post somewhere else, christ
The availability and reach was impressive for a single platform. It was not omnipotent but you could punt something out and reach a lot of people who'd tell their friends and family with a message that looks official, important, and/or interesting.

The extremely online are the loudest about 'what now' with it quickly approaching unusable echo chamber or just plain going away. But there's a lot of government agencies, news agencies, or scientific journals or networking groups scratching their head on what now as any other online forum has problems in reach, appearance etc. And why everyone was ready to sign the death certificate as soon as blue checks became pay at the same time moderation was gutted.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

People are still ranting about the boosters mainly being given to the old and vulnerable being part of the grand conspiracy.

What kind of conspiracy is most interested in exploiting the physically infirm?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
As far as I'm aware the worst thing about diet coke is it makes your teeth browner

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
P sure the worst thing about it is that it's made by Coca Cola.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Between Elon firing anyone who don’t code 69 lines an hour and other IT companies recruiting the competent staffers with cushy deals such as “we won’t randomly firing you based on our CEO’s caffeine intake”, I can’t really see how Twitter corp. won’t be held together by duct tape and spit before the year is out.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

Honestly, I'm not as concerned about COVID misinformation anymore, we've now reached the car seatbelt stage of that problem. "I'm not wearing that drat seatbelt, (stupid and wrong) studies show if you are rolling over you probably want to be thrown out anyway! And what if it catches fire and I can't get out in time?"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So did Elon and Kanye and the Right Wing in general prepare for their ascendency at Midterms where the Red Wave would vindicate them, All Americans secretly support them, pardon and unban Trump, hell maybe impeach and remove Biden?

Because the Red Piss Stream they got seems to have broken their brains, and they seem to be trying to enact the fascist takeover anyway with no cohesion or plan at all, in the most hilarious fail-son way possible. Like, the majority of Americans openly showed they hate this dumb poo poo and they are still going AH BUT IT IS BECAUSE YOUR TRUE THOUGHTS ARE SUPPRESSED!

no dipshits, we just think you are massive tools and want you to shut the gently caress up

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I heard someone on Joe Rogan say some vague thing about gut flora and glucose

It's real science not just Rogan idiocy
https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/sugar-substitutes-surprise

(otoh in that study aspartame was better than some others)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rigel posted:

And what if it catches fire and I can't get out in time?"

Elon Musk's "TESLA" has an amazing solution to that problem, many such cases!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
The three musky fears

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I know this thread agrees the push to "write more CODEEE" is dumb, but can someone explain to me why it's dumb? I get the impression that writing code isn't like mining coal where more doing = more profit which is what Elon seems to think.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

So you're saying I just need to write some code that writes random code I can hand in and I'm set for life?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dynastocles posted:

I know this thread agrees the push to "write more CODEEE" is dumb, but can someone explain to me why it's dumb? I get the impression that writing code isn't like mining coal where more doing = more profit which is what Elon seems to think.

he's going to push that constant stream of code live with a small team to an infrastructure that is impenetrable to a team that size without any of the people who know about it to oversee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon storing barrels of crude code in a strategic reserve