Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Rigel posted:

Elon Musk founded the company (X.com in 1999) that would eventually become paypal. This is one of the very few decent accomplishments he made where he deserves some credit, as opposed to just being the bag of money who provided financing. He had at least one legit good idea in his life, a lot of people didn't think it would work but it did. It very quickly became successful within months, so good job, Elon. However, before even one year passed after founding the company, the board didn't like some of Musk's decisions, thought he was not cut out to be a CEO, and replaced him.

X merged with another competitor to become even bigger and more successful, and the new company brought Musk back in as CEO in 2000 so he actually got a 2nd chance to run the company he founded. He then reportedly made technological decisions over the fierce objections of many engineers who thought his choices were stupid, and his decisions did in fact turn out to be very bad. Once again Elon did not even last a full year before the board removed him for someone who was not a moron. The new CEO listened to the advice of his engineers, it was renamed to Paypal, and the rest is history.

:tipshat:

E: Eesh, what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Between Elon’s nerd Funko poo poo and Kanye dressing like a toddler, I’m starting to wonder if there’s any super rich people who actually have taste

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
https://twitter.com/LRonMexico/status/1595138400163893248?cxt=HHwWgMDU1Y37iKMsAAAA

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Rigel posted:

a lot of people didn't think it would work

Ehhh, I disagree with this. Online banks/money/payments was everywhere at the time and it was mostly random chance which one won

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Steadiman posted:

Vox poopie, vox dookie
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597663321930420226
Strangely enough, and I know this might surprise you, Tim Cook hasn't responded yet. It's like he doesn't even respect the democratic process of the Twitter poll.

Yeah, I heard Apple is super terrified because some people clicked a button on Twitter.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So when is Musk going to post a poll he actually doesn't want to be voted yes?

Oh, wait that goes against what he's trying to make happen doesn't it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow, 500 pages of Elon being a narcissistic fuckwit

Here's to 500 more :cheers:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twitter polls are legally binding.

Checkmate.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How many Elons does it take to screw a company

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just one, but he's "working on it"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Just one, but he's 🤣🤣🤣

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

let's just say Twitter is getting a horse

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

PITY BONER posted:

Elon wants the comradery and competition of a high-stakes boiler room situation (and he wants to be the top dog slamming high-fives and everyone looking up to him), but doesn't understand what engineers even do or how they tend to work.

I'm an infrastructure engineer, not software, but it terrifies me to think of what my job would be like if the CEO told my manager he needed to get down in the trenches with us and work projects or do scut work. A big reason I have the time and clarity needed to do my job in an estate this complicated is because my manager spends an ungodly number of hours every week taking meetings with all the other teams around the world in order to make sure we're aligned. If he needed to also worry about doing my job, he wouldn't effectively do his job, then I would need to do his job, ineffectively, and as a result do my job ineffectively as well. Then we'd all get fired for unforced errors due to split attention.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
The no working from home, everyone has to be here on the tenth floor poo poo is simple: Elon believes that by buying the company he has also purchased friends. If they aren't there they can't laugh at his jokes, tell him how cool he is, confirm that his hair looks totally real and you could never tell, etc etc. The nerds at space X keep locking him out of rooms where stuff is happening and he can't stop them because the actual MIC will sword-missile him if he interferes too much, the snowflake libs at Tesla keep making complaints to HR when he drops even a few casual N Bombs. Twitter was supposed to be cool! After all, all of the real accounts he interacts with on there (not the FAKE NEWS WOKE BOTS!!!!)tell him he's awesome all day, surely all the staff will idolize him and be desperate to hang out.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Dense and intense just like my 9” hog leg

That dick hollow and light just like your bird bones.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Is he a cokehead? Is that the swings between Apple buy ads! and Apple war! within hours of each other.
He’s just ripping fat lines and can’t stop talking/tweeting. Maybe he really did put the cocaine back in coke (diet, caffeine free, cocaine laced)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

It's hard to overstate how bad it's gotten. Basically, there isn't really a health service anymore unless you have cancer or a life threatening injury, and even then with the latter you might be poo poo out of luck.

We're basically one step away from having to totally fend for ourselves. The NHS is over.

EDIT which is, as you say, all according to keikaku. Soon we'll be able to have ambulances again, but if you want one in the next two hours then you'll have to apply for the premium plan at Ambulances4U, etc...

It's in the hands of the worthless electorate and meanwhile people are working themselves to death to keep it going.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

Twitter polls are legally binding.

Checkmate.

in a 6-3 decision...

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I'm still waiting on this earth-shattering reveal

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

koshmar posted:

I'm still waiting on this earth-shattering reveal

It's going to be all of Grimes' DMs with Manning.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Steadiman posted:

Vox poopie, vox dookie
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597663321930420226
Strangely enough, and I know this might surprise you, Tim Cook hasn't responded yet. It's like he doesn't even respect the democratic process of the Twitter poll.

Lmao sure thing Fat Robespierre

Holy poo poo this dude is mental

naem
May 29, 2011

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

What is the code even doing? What is it supposed to do? Is it for projects or new features? Or is it just him ordering them to write lines of code because programmers should write code?

[Eileen the Crow voice]You're a cooder... so coode.[/Eileen the Crow voice]

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

massive spider posted:

I note further in the thread it adds

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1597583303036444672?s=20&t=MiIbFHmLe9w5hNOllOl35Q

So Twitter is now just full of teams of people putting garbo code in and then deleting it next week ad infinitum.

“Deleting a line of code is more valuable than adding one.”

I hope someone deletes every single line of Twitter and submits that as their code review, claiming to be the most valuable person in the company.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cthulu Carl posted:

I hope someone deletes every single line of Twitter and submits that as their code review, claiming to be the most valuable person in the company.

Delete the code that makes Elon admin then delete his account, and his ability to log in.

You just became MVP of the Earth.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

DRINK ME posted:

Is he a cokehead? Is that the swings between Apple buy ads! and Apple war! within hours of each other.
He’s just ripping fat lines and can’t stop talking/tweeting. Maybe he really did put the cocaine back in coke (diet, caffeine free, cocaine laced)

I think it'd be adderall if anything

Also, a poll conducted to a group of people biased towards the poll-conductor isn't a very sound poll, that's like basic scientific process type poo poo. This guy is just another man-child

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Cthulu Carl posted:

I hope someone deletes every single line of Twitter and submits that as their code review, claiming to be the most valuable person in the company world.

... for a day, or thereabouts

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DRINK ME posted:

The way he's talking in the "You don't know what a VHS is? You're fired." video is really loving weird, like beyond just an odd mesh of South African and American accents. It's a cadence thing that makes my brain go "Uuuuuuhhhhhh, you good man?"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
who the gently caress spends $44 billion on a got drat shitposting machine

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Cthulu Carl posted:

The way he's talking in the "You don't know what a VHS is? You're fired." video is really loving weird, like beyond just an odd mesh of South African and American accents. It's a cadence thing that makes my brain go "Uuuuuuhhhhhh, you good man?"

it's a fake video my dude

the weird cadence is someone trying to fit some words to match the video

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Private Cumshoe posted:

A new season I hope

:same: that show rips

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:tinfoil: Fake? Or has Elon already been subsumed by the rococo basilisk quantum AI!!! 99% chance says yes :tinfoil:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hope this is real and not someone doing an impression of him because holy poo poo that gormless Terminator voice.

e: lol should have refreshed

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

y'all really need to stop believing this poo poo its kind of embarrassing

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, that tweeter doesn't even have a checkmark

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It’s real I was there it’s all real

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you look closely at the pixels you will see they match the audio perfectly

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Slotducks posted:

y'all really need to stop believing this poo poo its kind of embarrassing

There's clearly a loophole in Poe's Law for massive idiots like Musk and Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

DaveWoo posted:

Wow, 500 pages of Elon being a narcissistic fuckwit

Here's to 420 more 🤣🤣🤣