Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football or Football?
Real :911: Football
Fake-o Euro Soccer
View Results

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Thought Aaronson played really well when he came in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
US to blunt the Dutch attack but be unable to overcome VVD and worlds oldest man Daley Blind, have first prime time penalty shootout and learn about futility of hope

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://youtu.be/KJKVPYQW6KE

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Netherlands have been bad enough that I could see them losing to the US

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/YMYxDTBglRk?t=26

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Wazzerphuk posted:

imagine not starting Big Tim Ream and Antonee Robinson at every game in the World Cup. Guaranteed third place in the groups, and I mean that in a nice way.

I apologise for underestimating my beautiful boys

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
They did it, with the narrowest possible margin of error

Now that's efficiency boys

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

its well known that the best way to make a run in a tournament is to never concede and grind out 1-0 wins, the dutch are hosed folks

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/foxsoccer/status/1597680279375810565?s=46&t=cJKY9KpavVOhJ9M-1f_9xQ

Whew this finish

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

you don't get to post this after talking poo poo about Matt Turner in this thread, who is both extremely handsome and also produced two clean sheets in the group stage

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

barnold posted:

you don't get to post this after talking poo poo about Matt Turner in this thread, who is both extremely handsome and also produced two clean sheets in the group stage

Bitch, it's America, I can do whatever I want

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

barnold posted:

Matt Turner is the skinny guy from Mega64 and I won't hear otherwise

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the sex ghost posted:

Never discount the netherlands ability to comically implode

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Shrapnig posted:

Bitch, it's America, I can do whatever I want

Emptyquote

But also just a quick note bub I'll fuckin DIE in order to protect this random goon's right to trash his own country's players and then immediately change their tune when we end up actually doing good. :patriot:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

as a guy that holds dual citizenship for both the us and ned i can tell you that this is some of the laziest passing i have ever seen from a dutch side in my life. they will absolutely brainfart a couple of times and serve it up on a tee.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

the usmnt would need a striker the caliber of jozy to finish those chances though

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Borsche69 posted:

as a guy that holds dual citizenship for both the us and ned i can tell you that this is some of the laziest passing i have ever seen from a dutch side in my life. they will absolutely brainfart a couple of times and serve it up on a tee.

as a guy who took a poo poo in amsterdam once I can confidently say that the US will win 20-0 and they will just end the world cup then and there and hand gregg the trophy on the spot

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

Borsche69 posted:

Same on all counts!

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Women’s rights won today…oh, wait.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Like Infantino, I too feel gay today.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Morris despondent

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1597713577657376774?s=20&t=jLo2RYGeTP8302O0pBqsnA

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Total Meatlove posted:

US to blunt the Dutch attack but be unable to overcome VVD and worlds oldest man Daley Blind, have first prime time penalty shootout and learn about futility of hope

Wait have the US never been in a pen shootout at the world cup?

Hoping for that then (it's unfathomably bad and tense if you care about one of the teams in it, hilarious if you are a neutral)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

He shattered his balls

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Alctel posted:

Wait have the US never been in a pen shootout at the world cup?

Hoping for that then (it's unfathomably bad and tense if you care about one of the teams in it, hilarious if you are a neutral)

The men's team hasn't, no.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

The men's team hasn't, no.
In a roundabout way, they did cause a shootout in 1994.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Nice to see one President taking time out of his day to watch the US play
https://twitter.com/USMNT/status/1597710377839493120

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Who are all this weah supporters... I can't think of a single touch he had today that wasn't a complete gently caress up (mich like Shaq's performance today)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

His finish on the offside chance was quite nice

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

In a roundabout way, they did cause a shootout in 1994.

jesus christ

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
How much CO2 do I need to release from my huge truck between now and Saturday to finally sink the Dutch?

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

How much CO2 do I need to release from my huge truck between now and Saturday to finally sink the Dutch?

No chance mate. There's loads of dikes here, and no shortage of boys willing to stick their fingers in their cracks.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/1597746933367701504?s=46&t=8PL6OQcF_taVBLjrhqRQnA

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
RIP ur with the angels now

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wow he actually did rupture his balls.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
just thinkn bout thos balls

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/USMNT/status/1597757282934063104?s=19

His balls hurt but he lives

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

just thinkn bout thos balls
USA trainer has the best job in the world right now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yWpS4Sv7lWc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

t a s t e posted:

His finish on the offside chance was quite nice

I thought it was close enough for a review. He basically played like crap, but scored what would have been a wonderful goal, which is a striker's only job really. Play like poo poo, stay the gently caress onside, score, reap profits.

[Dest was man of the match, imo. This is prime Serge Dest, dangerous whenever he had the ball at his feet, two-way all over the pitch until he ran out of gas. Carter-Vickers was a massive improvement over Zimmerman, who should be a last 10 minute guy from now on. If at all.

If only that bald fraud would give Reyna Jr. some minutes....