Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Fellatio Blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

drat Thanos looks like a punk when he's not purple

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
Dude is an Ogryn from Darktide.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s a funkasaurus, I’m sorry you had to learn it this way.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

I'm not listening to anyone who tucks their ears into their ball cap.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

This person was born of Forgiato Blow (?) and Muammar Gaddafi

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

man, the onion has really gone downhill. the good writers left years ago and now they're just throwing out this random monkey cheese crap for their videos.

it's not even a good parody of fox news.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

loving Moron posted:

Is that the trump sex doll fucker?

He's the current champ of Billy Corgan's NWA. He is terrible in every way.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

New Gears of War game looks crazy

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
What's wrong Musk? You're looking a little down. Forgatio Blow?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Steadiman posted:

What makes this extra funny to me is that Apple literally hasn’t done anything, like at all. Haven’t even said anything. Even their ads are still up.

Edit: loving lol, these are not serious people
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1597615497448943618?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA

Wow it’s white trash thanos

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
New Ed Zitron newsletter on the enablers of crypto freaks and Muskie: venture capital and the fawning tech media.

https://ez.substack.com/p/manifesting-history

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Come to the 10th floor at 2pm for an all-hands. Bring a print out of your latest forgiato blow to present

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

waffle iron posted:

New Ed Zitron newsletter on the enablers of crypto freaks and Muskie: venture capital and the fawning tech media.

https://ez.substack.com/p/manifesting-history

I read this earlier today and as a kara swisher fan I was a bit taken aback, I never got the impression she was cheerleading for musk. She basically would just say “that’s elon, he’s a showman” with the unspoken thing being she believed him to be full of poo poo. She was pretty critical of him on more than one occasion to the point where he won’t talk to her. Not exactly fawning.

But the revelation she was a Post advisor, that was not great. Didn’t know that.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Post Tim's emails, Elon!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Elon only claims to have Asperger's because it's named after a nazi.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

So not only is Fox News trying to pass off a pro wrestler as an authoritative commentator on the tech industry, the dude in question is world champion of the Smashing Pumpkins guy's wrestling promotion. You can't write this poo poo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hes been on the GUTFELD! show for a very long time

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/mattwallace888/status/1597430291484012549?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA
This guy just suddenly started popping up in my feed. Never heard of him but this was the third tweet today. Honestly thought he was being ironic but nope…he genuinely believes this.

somehow I don’t think Elon inventing a literal burner phone is going to make a dent in apple’s stock. Why do they all think Elon can just buy apple? Are they thinking of an apple?

istewart posted:

So not only is Fox News trying to pass off a pro wrestler as an authoritative commentator on the tech industry, the dude in question is world champion of the Smashing Pumpkins guy's wrestling promotion. You can't write this poo poo.

He is also a financial expert on some of their shows and he always has that belt on his shoulder. It’s really frigging weird

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Billy Corgan watches Jeb!feld! and thought "you know that Brodus Clay guy? He could be my world champion.

As most likely, he's going to spew the "Conservative Talking Point™" of "free speech"/"free market"/"overrun by liberals/communists"

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/mattwallace888/status/1597430291484012549?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA
This guy just suddenly started popping up in my feed. Never heard of him but this was the third tweet today. Honestly thought he was being ironic but nope…he genuinely believes this.

somehow I don’t think Elon inventing a literal burner phone is going to make a dent in apple’s stock. Why do they all think Elon can just buy apple? Are they thinking of an apple?

He is also a financial expert on some of their shows and he always has that belt on his shoulder. It’s really frigging weird

This is the header image on his Twitter, and I'm guessing "creation of Adam, but with naked musk and Matt" would've been in poor taste, even if sold as an NFT

TelevisedInsanity fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 30, 2022

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

priznat posted:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This is the final stage of Star Citizen fandom. Wait no, Star Citizen has an actual product they can point to

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

ullerrm posted:

poe's law strikes again

https://twitter.com/CPAC/status/1461154311006834690

(They got butthurt because the Big Bird account tweeted about getting a COVID shot)
I can understand why they banned Bert, considering his past...

heavy liquid posted:

New Gears of War game looks crazy

priznat posted:

LMAO

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Steadiman posted:

I remember when Bill O'Reilly would bring on the chairman of the New Black Panther Party, who would always have two bodyguards standing halfway in the frame behind him, and it always came off to me as a pretty blatant "othering" tactic to keep O'Reilly's audience scared of black people. Tyrus somehow manages to be even more absurd.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Steadiman posted:

What makes this extra funny to me is that Apple literally hasn’t done anything, like at all. Haven’t even said anything. Even their ads are still up.

Edit: loving lol, these are not serious people
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1597615497448943618?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA

Dude snapped his fingers and half the worlds meth turned to smoke

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

You took everything from me dad!

I don’t even know who you are.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Tyrus is a documented sexual harasser of women coworkers from his first run on Fox News. And his only "punishment" was being given his own show on Fox's online streaming channel Fox Nation. Fox Nation manages to be even crazier.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
everybody making redneck jokes has been reported to Elion for racist hate speech!!!

there is absolutely nothing funny about making fun of buck toothed, grammatically challenged beer gut-having white people

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Mohawk Potato posted:

He's the current champ of Billy Corgan's NWA. He is terrible in every way.

Wait.

What?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

DeeplyConcerned posted:

everybody making redneck jokes has been reported to Elion for racist hate speech!!!

there is absolutely nothing funny about making fun of buck toothed, grammatically challenged beer gut-having white people

You mean Santa? Wtf is “dash away all”

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Steadiman posted:

Why do they all think Elon can just buy apple? Are they thinking of an apple?
Because he's ~*~the richest man in the world~*~ (not really, especially now) and they think that he has more money than everyone and everything so he can just Richie Rich his way out of problems.

The idea that there are things in this world Elon can't actually afford is completely alien to this mindset. He is The Richest, therefore he can buy All The Things.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins owns the National Wrestling Alliance and Tyrus is his champion. He is also a frequent commentator on fox and serial sexual harasser.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mohawk Potato posted:

Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins owns the National Wrestling Alliance and Tyrus is his champion. He is also a frequent commentator on fox and serial sexual harasser.

Welp, that’s enough internet for me today

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Billy Corgan of smashing pumpkins fame owns an entire wrestling league. Being a contrarian and also insanely rich has turned him into an extremely specific kind of crazy where he runs a vegan cafe but regularly hangs out with Alex Jones. This leads to things like him just asking questions Joe Rogan style (sometimes with Rogan) and employing fox News hosts to pretend to get punched in the head.

He recently announced a new music festival put on by the pumpkins in Mexico called "the world is a vampire". One of the listed opening acts is a wrestling match from his league.

You're welcome.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kingo Ligma posted:

Billy Corgan of smashing pumpkins fame owns an entire wrestling league. Being a contrarian and also insanely rich has turned him into an extremely specific kind of crazy where he runs a vegan cafe but regularly hangs out with Alex Jones. This leads to things like him just asking questions Joe Rogan style (sometimes with Rogan) and employing fox News hosts to pretend to get punched in the head.

He recently announced a new music festival put on by the pumpkins in Mexico called "the world is a vampire". One of the listed opening acts is a wrestling match from his league.

You're welcome.

Frank Frank posted:

Welp, that’s enough internet for me today

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

efb

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

priznat posted:

I read this earlier today and as a kara swisher fan I was a bit taken aback, I never got the impression she was cheerleading for musk. She basically would just say “that’s elon, he’s a showman” with the unspoken thing being she believed him to be full of poo poo. She was pretty critical of him on more than one occasion to the point where he won’t talk to her. Not exactly fawning.

But the revelation she was a Post advisor, that was not great. Didn’t know that.

Kara Swisher fawns over all sociopath tech CEOs except Bill Gates who she really dislikes. She's fully on board with the toxic idea of "visionary disrupting CEOs" driving the tech industry. I've heard her talk in person at a couple of times at conventions for work and have heard her gush about all sorts of scumbags like Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg. What stuck out in particular to me was when I heard her at a conference carrying water for the Facebook execs over all the disinformation getting promoted around the 2016 election. IIRC she called Zuckerberg a "wonderful person" who's trying real hard and just didn't understand how much power and reach Facebook had, aw shucks. Every time I've seen her she comes across as a massive bootlicker for some the worst people in the tech industry. That even she's come around on Musk shows just how much he's shown his rear end.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I saw Smashing Pumpkins at the Reading Festival in 1992, where at one point Billy Corgan threw a temper tantrum on stage and lamely smashed his mic with his guitar. I thought the Pumpkins and Corgan sucked even back then and I'm glad to see history has proven me right :colbert: