Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

waffle iron posted:

Tyrus is a documented sexual harasser of women coworkers from his first run on Fox News. And his only "punishment" was being given his own show on Fox's online streaming channel Fox Nation. Fox Nation manages to be even crazier.

Add transphobe to the list. He gave big ups to Scotty 2 Hotty for ditching a match against Commander Jimmy Steph Sterling after finding out she's non-binary.

Thank god for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Well poo poo, is Perry Farrell still cool?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/mattwallace888/status/1597430291484012549?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA
This guy just suddenly started popping up in my feed. Never heard of him but this was the third tweet today. Honestly thought he was being ironic but nope…he genuinely believes this.

This is what these types want: a big strong daddy to smite their enemies. It's exactly the same way they fawn over Trump, even down to the 10 point plans that would never make it past step 1 anywhere but their fantasies.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

ullerrm posted:

poe's law strikes again

https://twitter.com/CPAC/status/1461154311006834690

(They got butthurt because the Big Bird account tweeted about getting a COVID shot)

I bet they never even bothered inviting the Count to begin with

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/Hrnick35/status/1597457578069757952

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm so glad my wrestlehut hat can be put to "good use"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuicnDdnppY

And then got laid off because, well, vince got tired of this guy sometimes injuring his other wrestlers

And now Billy Corgan said "you"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqOKAdk3c6c

Anyway, he's on the "cancel culture gets cancelled" talk show.

What does this have to do with Elon Musk in the grand scheme of things? Probably nothing other than Gutfield wanting to talk about this inane garbage to pad an hour of time that would've been spent doing "WHAT'S A PRONOUN?" jokes.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

Billy Corgan of smashing pumpkins fame owns an entire wrestling league. Being a contrarian and also insanely rich has turned him into an extremely specific kind of crazy where he runs a vegan cafe but regularly hangs out with Alex Jones. This leads to things like him just asking questions Joe Rogan style (sometimes with Rogan) and employing fox News hosts to pretend to get punched in the head.

He recently announced a new music festival put on by the pumpkins in Mexico called "the world is a vampire". One of the listed opening acts is a wrestling match from his league.

You're welcome.

No.

No. Seriously I'm not welcome.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Mohawk Potato posted:

Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins owns the National Wrestling Alliance and Tyrus is his champion. He is also a frequent commentator on fox and serial sexual harasser.

Okay I seriously had no idea and now wish I could go back to my blissful ignorance.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A farting mink posted:

Add transphobe to the list. He gave big ups to Scotty 2 Hotty for ditching a match against Commander Jimmy Steph Sterling after finding out she's non-binary.

Thank god for her.
more like scotty 4 potty

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Ive been to that spoons.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

I defy someone to post a picture of tucker carlson where he doesnt look like the most confused man on earth

Please pretend like I responded to this with a picture of our mutual friend mr goatse, thank you

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

QuarkJets posted:

This is giving Elon Musk a lot more credit than he deserves, which seems to be the one constant in his entire life.

PayPal, including its innovative-for-the-time digital payments system, was released by Confinity the year prior to their merger with X.com. X.com was just a run of the mill internet bank with a stupid moniker. When Confinity and X.com merged, Musk insisted that they keep the X.com name. Then it's like you say: they went back to calling it PayPal after ousting Musk from the CEO position because X.com sounds more like an adult website than an internet payments system. His biggest accomplishment here was managing to take credit for a system that he had nothing to do with.

incidentally, Elon bought the https://x.com domain name back from PayPal, but has done nothing interesting with it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

My Spirit Otter posted:

I defy someone to post a picture of tucker carlson where he doesnt look like the most confused man on earth

Of all of the right wing weirdos out there, I would really like to see Tucker take a punch because you just know he’d make that face and it’d be hilarious.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Entropic posted:

incidentally, Elon bought the https://x.com domain name back from PayPal, but has done nothing interesting with it.

Same way Jeff Bezos can't let go of "relentless.com" or do anything interesting with it. lovely techbros attached to lovely domain names.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's not just a lovely domain name - it's going to be the domain for his 'everything app' that he was talking about in the months leading up to acquiring twitter, which he said was the first step in putting it together.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1557199404301307904

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Withnail posted:

Well poo poo, is Perry Farrell still cool?

Yes.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Elon should bring Twitter HQ to NEOM

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Regarding his fans desire to treat him like a muscular god king (like another conservative figure), I am reminded of John W. Dean's Conservatives Without Conscience.

In the first chapter he reviews the scientific literature on what makes someone conservative in the American context:

quote:

The heart of Jost and his collaborators’ findings was that people become or remain political conservatives because they have a “heightened psychological need to manage uncertainty and threat.” 69 More specifically, the study established that the various psychological factors associated with political conservatives included (and here I am paraphrasing) fear, intolerance of ambiguity, need for certainty or structure in life, overreaction to threats, and a disposition to dominate others.

The book is from 2006 and it could reasonably be written today about the modern Rogan/Musk/Trump/DeSantis cohort.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

loving Moron posted:

Okay I seriously had no idea and now wish I could go back to my blissful ignorance.

This is from when Billy was a big investor in TNA wrestling.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1597759284288188416

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

A farting mink posted:

This is from when Billy was a big investor in TNA wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Billy Corgan of smashing pumpkins fame owns an entire wrestling league. Being a contrarian and also insanely rich has turned him into an extremely specific kind of crazy where he runs a vegan cafe but regularly hangs out with Alex Jones. This leads to things like him just asking questions Joe Rogan style (sometimes with Rogan) and employing fox News hosts to pretend to get punched in the head.

He recently announced a new music festival put on by the pumpkins in Mexico called "the world is a vampire". One of the listed opening acts is a wrestling match from his league.

You're welcome.
What the actual gently caress

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Entropic posted:

That's the only justifiable thing to do with an uninteresting name imo

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I'm watching the episode of Family Guy where Peter takes over Lois' dad's company while he's in a coma and refuses to give back control after firing the whole board of directors and I'm pretty convinced this episode is LITERALLY just about Elon and Twitter so based on this very relevant Family Guy episode @jack needs to come back to haunt Elon dressed as a Swamp Monster

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

OneEightHundred posted:

I'm legit wondering if this is some idiotic switcheroo where he wants to make it seem like he's "owning the libs" to his idiot base while actually turning a bunch of Disney debt into taxpayer debt so Disney'll be like "oh okay I see what you're doing, here have some more cash for re-election." Win-win for both of them and a loss for anyone with a brain.

one person I know thinks the desantis poo poo is why iger got brought back. This guy thinks because disney makes money offering a certain type of experience if they lose the district and the streets arent paved to a high enough standard, Disney will just move the parks.

This is a very stupid take because the sheer amount of infrastructure to rebuild it is loving insane. (granted they spent 77 billion on fox)

When this happened people at my office were cheering. The didnt like my take that it was stupid and a publicity stunt.

So back to Elon.

I think the reason he s so lovely is that every month twitter losses money he has to cover that lose from his own pocket book.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

What's going on with his hands?

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Vox poopoolay

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
wtf is musk wearing in his profile pic, it looks like some cosplay poo poo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Withnail posted:

Dragon suit.

It has a few attachment slots in choice areas.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Withnail posted:

When pictures of him looking like a big tofu slab emerged (and put side by side with pics of bezos genuinely looking not bad) he overcompensated and got some weird dragon cosplay suit with muscles on to wear for Halloween https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597656858507894785

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
just like his lovely videogame gun and flintlock gun, he bought some 1000$ generic demon lether suit from those places that do "high end" costume. its not even an IP.

also i hope his diet of going from a white lump thing in summer to that crashes hard.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

grittyreboot posted:

What's going on with his hands?

Its a giant birthmark if I recall.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Just imagine having all that money and not using it to acquire a rad as hell worm costume

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

A farting mink posted:

Thank god for her.

Bro i think you mean theyre and them

E: realized this could come off as a hostile tone and wanna make clear it isnt lmao

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 30, 2022

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kingo Ligma posted:

You're welcome.

I'll be honest and say that I saw the poster for World is a Vampire on stereogum this morning and thought to myself "Yeah, I'd go see SP and Interpol and some wrestling in Mexico. That sounds like fun!" But I have other plans at that time :(

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Kingo Ligma posted:

You're welcome.

Running a vegan Cafe is rich rear end in a top hat 101. Come down to New Zealand where you can buy some James Cameron organic honey he spent the past decade producing instead of Avatar 2.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

When pictures of him looking like a big tofu slab emerged (and put side by side with pics of bezos genuinely looking not bad) he overcompensated and got some weird dragon cosplay suit with muscles on to wear for Halloween https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597656858507894785

Is his thumb on the wrong side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tears In A Vial posted:

Is his thumb on the wrong side

Always hilarious when people jerk off AI art and don't notice massively obvious details like that.