Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Julet Esqu posted:

Goddamn every time Planck goes near a woman she bursts into tears. Man is like human pepper spray

Wait, that doesn't happen to everybody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Bruceski posted:

My football is a little rusty but isn't strong-arming the head like that a foul? Or is it only if you touch the facemask he's half an inch away from?

By the rulebook, yes, that's supposed to be 'illegal hands to the face', but the strip is correct in that it's almost always called on the defense.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

goatface posted:

He's going to die of a heart attack during a round of sweaty sex with the waitress and she will not believe him because he has cried wolf.

That would require something of interest to happen in RMMD.

Modesty Blaise: The Hell Makers

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

'Naturists' are nudists

This could get interesting

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

I believed in you, Mud.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Mara Llave

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unwjb5a7CoE

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

quote:

Mark Trail

So the magical elephant vengeance GPS wore off when convenient for the author? Color me impressed. And he "did some digging"? How? How does this timing work? Tess is chased by an elephant, outruns her impending death, then flees the country? Did she post about it on social media(making her stupid) or did whats his name here sniff her out in... the middle of the wilderness, traveling to an airport, and fleeing the country? I guess he hacked her credit card transactions and plane tickets. Wow, everybody in Mark Trail develops super powers when they need them! And another Mark Trail character steps off camera and teleports away with multiple outstanding arrest warrants, and hey, way to ruin all surprise for her return! :v:

Barf. An entire week of last second rear end covering, retcons and undeserved victory laps, as Mark did literally nothing here. No, seriously. If Mark wasn't present then they would've gone to sacrifice Rex and the elephant would've interrupted it and ran Tess off. I don't think Mark has thrown a punch in a year.

Ahh, there's ol' talking snake, a reminder of when this strip had any potential. I love to bitch about this strip(it's seriously in Batiuk's league) but drat, I dunno how you write a story about a guy who can talk to animals, send him to a tiger petting zoo full of abused animals to solve a mystery, insert a traumatized vengeful elephant into the mix, and not a single animal shares any words or emotional reveals with him. Imagine the pure shock Tess would experience if Mark discovers her secrets and all her cultists have stonewalled him and denied him entry to anything, but the tiger cubs can tell him the food tastes funny and so on. It's such an easy set-up. Instead he got an exposition dump from a moron. I hope we learn what happened to Zippy the lazy cultist tomorrow!

quote:

Rex Morgan MD

I believed in you, Mud.

:sigh: And here's a story that actually disappoints me with its tragic content instead of its tragic quality. Mud... no...

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 30, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mud stans in the mud.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

I'm glad I'm reading this at home because I let out a hyena laugh at this

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Out Our Way (February 8-10, 1923)

:china:

Toonerville Folks (April 29-May 1, 1920)

Dok's "Thank God We're Done With That Other Stuff" Duck (June 17, 1914)

Little Lefty (August 27-28, 1937)

:china: :china:

Somehow the 26th was a repeat of the 25th, so have a sports page illustration of Joe Louis instead.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Howard Beale posted:

This feels like two panels from an ongoing story and yet it's a standalone. I dunno.

Yeah I was looking for the joke too.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Anyway your comics are my favorites in the thread please keep posting

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Dude you already got a girlfriend stop being such an awful cockblocker.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Did Mister Beeg go on vacation?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Crab Dad posted:

Dude you already got a girlfriend stop being such an awful cockblocker.

This strip hates Tiff so much, it will probably spin the boys' devotion into a character flaw on her part somehow.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah I was looking for the joke too.

you don't need a joke when you're just being horny for popeye characters

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

somepartsareme posted:

you don't need a joke when you're just being horny for popeye characters

hell yeah time to get plowed by Alice the Goon with a deadpan expression on my face

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Locher Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (December 27, 2000)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Planck is so dramatic, when he says "so you can all get out of here!", he literally means everyone in the restaurant.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

rannum posted:

i just, really love this panel.

I wanted to ask for an avatar-sized version, but I'm not sure it can be done without keeping her absurdly juxtaposed line intact.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Ugh, teenagers are such stupid morons, not like my generation

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 11, 1954)

:china: 1/3
:china: 2/3
:china: 3/3

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver: The Urn Prod, Prod, Tromp, Tromp

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

A misty stag emerges. I wonder if this means I am going to have to draw a lot of stags over the next few pages. This wondering is rhetorical. Stag-fest is imminent.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

Alt

The Family Circus

Alt

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/29/02

Brenda Starr 12/5-7/49

Smokey Stover 7/8/51

Everyday Movies 11/1/35

"Phone's still busy, Mr. Monroe. He must be talking to his girl friend -- it couldn't be business these days."

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (January 24, 1935)

Peanuts (December 3, 1975)

The Big Lumpy Janitor Farewell Tour

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 1, 1939)

Out Our Way (June 17-19, 1940; first one timg'd because I'm kind of on the fence about it.)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Hell Makers

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Am I out of my mind here or is this him trying to get revenge on his manager for.... being friendly with him while having a boyfriend?

LvK posted:

hell yeah time to get plowed by Alice the Goon with a deadpan expression on my face
arf arf ergh

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Drakyn posted:

Am I out of my mind here or is this him trying to get revenge on his manager for.... being friendly with him while having a boyfriend?

He did overhear them talking about what a sap he is and that he's being strung along, though the terms are so light they just think he's a bit pathetic and not that they needed to scam him from day one to make him successful.

quote:

Giant Ethicist posted:

Haraiso Days

I mean, it’s not like she was really doing anything more than being friendly – it’s pretty explicit that any romance going on is entirely in Tarohei’s head.

Haraiso Days is so manga cliched at times you can see the plotlines 5 strips in advance so I assume it's stereotypical bad anime tropes: Tarohei wrote her a love song and if she was truly a good woman she would've immediately responded to that and confessed to him! Instead of ah, him just asking her directly if she's up for a date. And him forgetting that they're making him famous and he's probably set on money and fans for life and I bet one of them would like him for him. It's a classic anime/manga love trope and honestly a stinker that I assume is rooted in some bad old Japanese social traditions bleeding through the authors of them, but it sells and is enough to be the basis of an entire series, so.

But much like too many animes to count we're supposed to side with the boy who is terminally afraid of social conflict and directly stating his wants. At least the joke is really good and I like it even if he's in the wrong, Tarohei singing the bangin' the farmer's daughter song and all.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 30, 2022

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's always weird when Retail talks about shoplifting, it's like the one time I completely disagree with the strip. Why do all these random minwage workers want to accost people over stealing a sweater or a silverware set or whatever? At least with the most recent strip we get some hypocrisy from Stewart that shows the weird double standard between customer and employee policy, but more often than not the "punchline" is "boy I wish we could tackle the dude trying to steal $40 in office supplies".

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

EasyEW posted:

The Big Lumpy Janitor Farewell Tour

"And one of those pivotal nexus events is Les Moore's reaction to you disappearing from this Janitor closet, so I figured I'd close that loop and wait here for pickup."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Drimble Wedge posted:

This strip hates Tiff so much, it will probably spin the boys' devotion into a character flaw on her part somehow.

She’s one of the three characters I care anything about including ox and the weasel guy. Everyone else is so boring.