Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks for the explanation. Seems like a strange oversight on the part of the devs, but it makes sense now.

So basically, counterintuitively, I should be on the look-out for a good grey. :tipshat:

Prima says max level for weapons is 530

https://primagames.com/tips/what-is-the-max-item-level-in-warhammer-40k-darktide-answered

And yeah, as said, you can only get that if you upgrade from a grey since the stat bars don't get diluted by perks on a grey (the power rating of a weapon is just a calculation of the stat bars + any perks the weapon has).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really like the stupendously stupid Veteran Cockney Sharpshooter lady character.

"Assuming Position Sumtin...Sumtin..."

"Enemy Pattern Alpha sumtin or udder neutraloized!"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fishstick posted:

More weapon customisation also comes with risks

You're not supposed to advertise your heresy.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

is there a yt channel out there that has a decent in-mission sampling of all the voices yet?

finding out the hard way that I don't dig my zealot 15 levels in kinda sucks

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

victrix posted:

is there a yt channel out there that has a decent in-mission sampling of all the voices yet?

finding out the hard way that I don't dig my zealot 15 levels in kinda sucks

Yeah, same, only my zealot is 29 levels in and lol I'm not leveling that again.

God I hope they put in a way to change voices.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I haven't tried playing for a few days as I was getting enough crashes to be annoying. This was before Plasteel and Diamantine were in the game.

I suspect my worker threads were too high, it defaults to 14 and I'm on the 5800x3d 8 core 16 thread. (Every notch I took it down seemed to help some with crashes)

I just wanted to say I did the pre beta and beta with high ray tracing on a 3080fe and it seemed manageable, I had to put other settings to high (or medium settings were even better) I recommend leaving the high res skin on because it being turned off seemed most noticeable to me.

I'd get like 100-120 fps in the hub but that would tank down to 90 or less in the world, maybe 60 during an intense firefight, I started to wish there was a 90fps cap because I believe I could change a few things and hit that, it wasn't studdery. At 1440

Then I done goofed and got that new Alienware 34" ultrawide HDR OLED freesync variant and decided a 60fps cap may have to be the new normal.

Not trying to brag, I just wish they'd fix all crashes and I hope that others can enjoy similar performance because from what I've read on here a lot of people turn ray tracing off with similar computers and it really pops with ray tracing to where I'd be willing to go much lower on other settings to get it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've been trying to keep most of my games at 60 just because I know going higher for even one game is going to make me want to spend more money on a new GPU. It's impossible to go back once you've seen higher.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
That too, the 4090 is just crazy stupid money (I still want it, but I've got too many toys for this my birth month, I'll only cut into my emergency fund so much, I've been really broke too often in my life, it's scarred me.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

dogstile posted:

I've been trying to keep most of my games at 60 just because I know going higher for even one game is going to make me want to spend more money on a new GPU. It's impossible to go back once you've seen higher.

I had no problem playing games at 30fps until I invested in a used PC rig from 2016 at the start of the pandemic. Now anything under 45, unless its perfectly stable at 30, feels unplayable to me. I'm ruined.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The 4090 is flat out a rip off and just Nvidia taking advantage of the market. Hopefully when the rest of the cards along with amds drop in the new year, things will be more sane.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Al-Saqr posted:

I really like the stupendously stupid Veteran Cockney Sharpshooter lady character.

"Assuming Position Sumtin...Sumtin..."

"Enemy Pattern Alpha sumtin or udder neutraloized!"

I think that's the loose cannon, because I picked the male version and he's always "Ah, what's the karking code...?"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Mega Comrade posted:

The 4090 is flat out a rip off and just Nvidia taking advantage of the market. Hopefully when the rest of the cards along with amds drop in the new year, things will be more sane.

It's genuinely insane how they thought that they'd be able to pull off a 500 dollar increase in price for the 4080 in one year without anyone lifting their eyebrows.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

*shrug* It's selling. 4090 availability is there but you have to f5 retailers (although nothing as bad as during crypto insanity) and the 4080 is moving.

I suspect a lot of people just had their expectations about what a video card costs permanently reset by the last few years of unavailability and scalping. I don't think we're ever going back to the days of a solid $300-400 card.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Sitting at my desk, I am suddenly filled with the power of Tzeentch. I see a thousand possible business decisions sprawling in front of me like a spiderweb of the damned. When I finally regain consciousness, forever changed, I read the one line I wrote in blood on the wall in front of me.

"They're going to put body type, skin color, and voice line changes as part of a single use premium shop purchase"

Orv
May 4, 2011
For what it’s worth they’ve said they specifically won’t be doing that but they will have latter barber options as cosmetics, so probably cybernetics and such.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Orv posted:

For what it’s worth they’ve said they specifically won’t be doing that but they will have latter barber options as cosmetics, so probably cybernetics and such.

Idk, it would make sense for them to do a FFXIV Fantasia option if they aren't going to allow it in the barber shop. I'm sure they know people want to be able to change it around.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Idk, it would make sense for them to do a FFXIV Fantasia option if they aren't going to allow it in the barber shop. I'm sure they know people want to be able to change it around.

Yeah but, again for what it’s worth, the current lack of gender, voice and height at the barber shop is a tech thing, not a limitation they want. The game being a shambles put together on the run sort of supports that.

E: And to be clear, what it’s worth is not much but I’d like to think Fatshark for all their foibles is a little small to be outright lying here. I’m sure I’ll be wrong soon.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 30, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Orv posted:

Yeah but, again for what it’s worth, the current lack of gender, voice and height at the barber shop is a tech thing, not a limitation they want. The game being a shambles put together on the run sort of supports that.

E: And to be clear, what it’s worth is not much but I’d like to think Fatshark for all their foibles is a little small to be outright lying here. I’m sure I’ll be wrong soon.

Yeah, I guess I just don't really understand how you can have a system where you can change the appearance of a character but not their body shape or voice. You're going to end up respawning the model anyways so you could just shove people back through the character creation process and have the same effect, maybe without the origin story parts.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's very much a decision, not a technical issue. The guy even says he can't change your personality.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean there is that, true.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

There are some voices that are linked to origin story selection (the cockney vet voice can only be selected if you're from a specific planet for example). So you'd have to allow the complete redo of everything.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

There are some voices that are linked to origin story selection (the cockney vet voice can only be selected if your from a specific planet for example). So you'd have to allow the complete redo of everything.

Same with Vet, in order to get one of them you have to be Cadian

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

There are some voices that are linked to origin story selection (the cockney vet voice can only be selected if your from a specific planet for example). So you'd have to allow the complete redo of everything.

To be fair its only veterans cadian origin, and in the first beta it wasn't even locked behind a planet origin like it was now, it was assumed you served on cadia instead of being born on it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

It's very much a decision, not a technical issue. The guy even says he can't change your personality.

:wrong:

when it comes to fatshark its always a technical issue

BeeSeeBee posted:

Same, I was just making a bunch of the same classes to check out the voice lines in game without much thought to which I'd level, but at least it sounds like something they'll look into when everything else isn't falling apart.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Personally, I don't really mind. Getting to change everything on the fly kinda takes the "Role" out of a "Role playing game". I like sticking with the characters I've got, though minor aesthetical changes are fine.

Again though, personal opinion. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me on that.

hemale in pain posted:

:wrong:

when it comes to fatshark its always a technical issue
From that quote, I'm guessing they're planning something more involved? Like cybernetic limbs or whatever, which could be pretty neat.

Though it could be some fatshark magic doing its thing, I suppose.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 30, 2022

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I don't mind either to be honest but they only give people 5 character slots so might aswell let you change everything about your character.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My assumption, provided they aren’t lying, is that they’re storing personality for your character in a way that with all the VO that must check against it constantly it would hyper break something.

Apparently once upon a time you were only going to get one character slot and everything would be determined by your gear, with a classless setup. If that’s true it’s probably still causing problems.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Personally, I don't really mind. Getting to change everything on the fly kinda takes the "Role" out of a "Role playing game". I like sticking with the characters I've got, though minor aesthetical changes are fine.

Again though, personal opinion. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me on that.

It's more of an issue that you only get a little snippet of voice acting when picking one and then have to listen to it forever, and it goes beyond just different reads of the same line. Sometimes you just don't end up vibing with it.

For what it's worth I'm happy with all of my decisions, some people just don't like theirs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
After watching a weapon review video, I really need to get my hands on a XII. Looks like exactly what I wanted in a gun.

The Lucius guns look interesting, but idk if it is worth it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's more of an issue that you only get a little snippet of voice acting when picking one and then have to listen to it forever, and it goes beyond just different reads of the same line. Sometimes you just don't end up vibing with it.

For what it's worth I'm happy with all of my decisions, some people just don't like theirs.

Oh yeah, only getting a single voice line to decide on during character creation was really dumb. Absolutely no disagreements from me there.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I haven't tried playing for a few days as I was getting enough crashes to be annoying. This was before Plasteel and Diamantine were in the game.

I suspect my worker threads were too high, it defaults to 14 and I'm on the 5800x3d 8 core 16 thread. (Every notch I took it down seemed to help some with crashes)

I was told the magic number is your number of physical cores so you would want 8. Leaving it at 6 on my 6 physical/12 logical processor CPU has given me a total of 2 in-mission crashes in 18 hours of game time, which isn’t too bad compared to people crashing every hour

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 30, 2022

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I was told the magic number is your number of physical cores so you would want 8. Leaving it at 6 on my 6 physical/12 logical processor CPU has given me a total of 2 in-mission crashes in 18 hours of game time, which isn’t too bad compared to people crashing every hour

I've had three crashes total in 28 hours of playtime. *pats hexacore*

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I feel I've been very fortunate with crashing. I've had zero in 20 hours and that's with me running it under linux as well. Clearly the god emperor smiles upon me.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The only crashes I had in the beta were from the day where picking up crafting mats crashed your game after every round. Feeling very fortunate.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Beloved! There’s a shitposter in my dream!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

That too, the 4090 is just crazy stupid money (I still want it, but I've got too many toys for this my birth month, I'll only cut into my emergency fund so much, I've been really broke too often in my life, it's scarred me.

Doesn't the 4090 have a non zero chance of starting a fire in your computer

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I crashed around 5-10 times playing ogryn to 30 but it was almost all in the hub, mostly when exiting the crafting menu

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I was relatively stable the last few days but before that was multiple crashes per hour. Also seemed to crash way more when I was in a strikegroup than when I was solo queing. I played the last 3 or 4 days of beta with maybe one or two crashes, but a few hours with a striketeam got me back to once every hour. Almost always mid-mission, too.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

hemale in pain posted:

I don't mind either to be honest but they only give people 5 character slots so might aswell let you change everything about your character.
Also since inventory is not shared you'd have to completely start over from scratch if you are willing to redo your character. I personally wouldn't mind releveling my vet to 30 to change the voice if I could just bring over my gear and cash in its entirety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Mesadoram posted:

After watching a weapon review video, I really need to get my hands on a XII. Looks like exactly what I wanted in a gun.

The Lucius guns look interesting, but idk if it is worth it.

Recon VI is what I use, but that's on my psyk where it helps to proc BB's

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Beloved! There’s a shitposter in my dream!

I like the comment about the beloved wearing a mask when he visits the tech priests, that's up there with the skulls for the throne shout for heretical

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 30, 2022