Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

he's obsessed with cuckoldry nowadays i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Minecraft Holmes posted:

he's obsessed with cuckoldry nowadays i think

AIT is definitely yospos :twisted:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Xaris posted:

AIT is definitely yospos :twisted:

Pretty sure yospos is anime allies

Don't forget to support the lgbtqiaaa community

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer Introvert Anime Anime Anime

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Don't forget to support the lgbtqiaaa community

pronouncing this like someone whose parachute didn't open

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i will never support the aaa community

i will only pirate them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
furthermore, also gently caress the qi community. stupid fry-loving piece of shits

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

someone whose parachute didn't open
that's a different sexuality. personally, not a fan of jumping out of a plane without a parachute, but whose to judge

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

dodgeblan posted:

hingepoints is bad because it makes it hard to maintain my headcanon that matt christman is smart and knows stuff

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1597770093584216064

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mawarannahr posted:

I’m surprised it’s that stable.

in the last year I probably recommended TrueAnon 2-3 times to people who asked, but I struggle to think of anyone I’d recommend chapo to for anything. although that was always the case I suppose.
stable actually isn't great when most are still growing positive (although TAFS has flatlined).

but yeah chapo is just backup entertainment to replace NPR in my car for me and mostly what i put on after i finish the more interesting shows (now including Being Ian) and would never recommend it to anyone. trueanon is where it's at and i've recommended it to several people irl. the hardest part is going "oh no no it's not a pro qanon podcast"

it is kinda funny that brace is now making more money than nick mullens though.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i say swears online posted:

there are a couple of these on twitch. i'm sure you know stavvy solves your problems but there's also hey donna. not sure i'm sold on the character tho lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1j3NB-Ne10

G4 is dead again so I think that show is over

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

will retained the rights and got his own studio for it very recently iirc

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Atrocious Joe posted:

I hope the guy who was stuck inside the MMORPG dimension is doing on

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
will nef is funny without any tryhard characters, he should stop

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Joementum posted:

Matt's been quite lively on his vlogs recently. He talks for a bit on the last couple about how he thinks about Chapo post-Bernie: purely as entertainment divorced from politics.

Heeeehhh he was like that on the first ones he did on twitch during the first months of COVID or so, and that was when he was far more apocalyptic.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

will nef is funny without any tryhard characters, he should stop

yeah. he's totally stifled on his stream doing reacts to old seasons of survivor though so i get why he's attempting to branch out. he was at buzzfeed so he probably thinks he needs characters and production, or maybe just wants it

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

I will listen to the cursed podcast and report back.

It's bad

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KirbyKhan posted:

I will listen to the cursed podcast and report back.

you're gonna have to be a lot more specific

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Gripweed posted:

It was in reference to I'm From the Internet about these dead gay forums.

I just finished it and it's so bad. I could write detailed criticism but honestly I don't think it has the capacity to be good (it could maybe be better but not much). If anyone here wants me to write detailed criticism so that they don't have to listen to it I will but let me just leave it as "It's exactly what you think it is".

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

oh no posted:

SomethingAwful.com is one of the foundational websites of modern internet culture: the earliest memes, inside jokes, and modes of communication that grace and plague the internet today can trace their roots back to the sprawling forums of this illustrious website.

Hosted by Jay Brandstetter and Winslow Dumaine, this podcast dredges up the most notable threads from the depths of the forums. We delve into the absurd architecture of Groverhaus, explore the very beginning of 4Chan, the early days of master poster Dril, examine the discovery and ruination of Chris-Chan, and recount the day when the despised owner of the website, Richard “Lowtax“ Kyanka fought the disgraced filmmaker Uwe Boll in a boxing match, and more. We’re diving into the archives so you don’t have to.

Jay Brandstetter is an internet historian and online content creator out of his hometown of Jacksonville, Florida. In addition to a lifetime of firsthand research on the Something Awful forums and elsewhere, he created the popular Twitter account "crazy rear end moments in Something Awful history", has over 100,000 views on YouTube, and over 3 million on TikTok. His ongoing work is The Greymuzzle Archives, a series of long-form interviews of elder members of the furry fandom.

Winslow Dumaine is a comedian and illustrator out of Chicago. He’s opened for Kyle Kinane, Dave Ross, and Sam Tallent, and toured with Derek Sheen. His debut work of fiction is The Tarot Restless, a hand illustrated deck of tarot cards and a book of short stories. His next work is a cooperative tabletop card game called RESTLESS, the discord for which is available here.

KirbyKhan posted:

There's some reverb distortion going on in Dude Brosephs audio track. The other guy has a crinkling in his audio track that sounds to potato chips.

I've tried like 3 times today to listen and I keep ripping my headphones out of my ear and throwing them across the room.

They revere the post and the concept of posting so much. They have such joy in their voices about it. I hate it on a primal level.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

They revere the post and the concept of posting so much. They have such joy in their voices about it. I hate it on a primal level.

sounds like you’re listening to chapo trap house

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Imagine a podcast where two nerds do a 1hr40 minute talk about how important, both culturally and archeologically, the Something Awful forums are. Real serious speechs where PYF Saga posts are retold with as if the post was as an object worthy of Indiana Jones museums.

They describe the en "pissing in a well" mspaint with such specificity that I tried like 8 searches to find the pissing in a well comic. It's real, I've seen it.

They describe each subforum as a tribe. It is full anthropological observation. Starting at GBS, then to E/N then to FYAD. Nothing they are saying is wrong or nonfactual. But I was never prepared to hear a man explain that he "says FYAD like a word Fi-ad but some people spell it out or say EF Why Aeh Dee". Like all descriptions of the forums they peter out by the time they finish describing BYOB.

Each function of the website like avatars, platinum, red text and whatever are described in detail. My headphone battery is dying, my hardware is protecting me from this posternomicon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Imagine a podcast where two nerds do a 1hr40 minute talk about how important, both culturally and archeologically, the Something Awful forums are. Real serious speechs where PYF Saga posts are retold with as if the post was as an object worthy of Indiana Jones museums.

They describe the en "pissing in a well" mspaint with such specificity that I tried like 8 searches to find the pissing in a well comic. It's real, I've seen it.

They describe each subforum as a tribe. It is full anthropological observation. Starting at GBS, then to E/N then to FYAD. Nothing they are saying is wrong or nonfactual. But I was never prepared to hear a man explain that he "says FYAD like a word Fi-ad but some people spell it out or say EF Why Aeh Dee". Like all descriptions of the forums they peter out by the time they finish describing BYOB.

Each function of the website like avatars, platinum, red text and whatever are described in detail. My headphone battery is dying, my hardware is protecting me from this posternomicon

i do this in the mod forum discord voice channel FOR FREE

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Guy Manns podcast is 5-4.

Let's make the posters ALAB, Smythe.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

i do this in the mod forum discord voice channel FOR FREE

send inv

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

private podcast for mods only

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol don’t listen to guy mann wtf is wrong with you

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
spr plz move the pyf thread to the mod forum so gibbis rear end posters can stop podcasting them. Tia

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Finding the pirate feed of mod discord voice chat in between the Black Wolf chappo feed and the Red Scare Paypig Patreon tier cast.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Guy Manns podcast is 5-4.

Let's make the posters ALAB, Smythe.

think guy mann is doing our market research for us. no listeners for this type of content. SA is worth a single truanon at most alas anymore... sad to say..... QQ

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

are they doing more

I can’t wait for them to try and describe LF, yospos and cspam in these terms

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Liz mentioned something awful for 5 seconds in an episode about the internet once and that’s about as worthy as these dead gay forums are worth mentioning. not a singe second more

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at detailed descriptions of redtext avs instead of times SA has actually influenced wider society like boosting huckabee in the '08 primaries. very possible if he didn't get that jesus answer, his daughter doesn't have the buzz to become press sec and eventually governor

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Goon Podcast better not gently caress up the concept I'm shopping around of a podcast series documenting how the forums intersected with the Arab Spring, and the long term term results of that.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Goon Podcast better not gently caress up the concept I'm shopping around of a podcast series documenting how the forums intersected with the Arab Spring, and the long term term results of that.

there are like at least half a dozen podcasts about Benghazi, have you had a listen?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz0HnKxYlNA

Lol, he's making videos now.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

hobbesmaster posted:

are they doing more

I can’t wait for them to try and describe LF, yospos and cspam in these terms

They do, it is the second half. They do about 3-4 paragraphs of talking about each subforum. He recites the history of LF and CSPAM. He name drops Brown Mosus and Bellingcat as proof for the far and wide reach that our great forums have.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Oh it'll gently caress that right up.

Xaris posted:

lol don’t listen to guy mann wtf is wrong with you

It brings me no pleasure to report this. I must post: Guy Mann recited no lies about the forums. There are no misrepresentations or hateful exaggerations. The detail about posters is immaculate. Lmao at no time does he mention his lifetime achievement permaban.

Absolutely terribly podcast to listen to. The audio and voice makes me recoil. I can tell he edited it to drop pauses between words. The reverb vibrates my skull in a dissonant way. Do not listen. But yes, it contains so many poster stories. It is a posternomicon.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

whoa... a guy who says bad things are good and good things are bad?? holy poo poo

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
it's a shame that the SA podcast is apparently bad and hosted a goon everyone hates, because i wouldn't mind a podcast on SA ~lore~. from failed goon projects and bizarre drama, to actual influence on culture and real life events, there's a lot to talk about! the key would be to have fun with it, not make it a somber documentary series or whatever.

and also not have notoriously bad poster Guy Mann as a creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

has anyone said G Wyatt Mann