Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

trying to get this as the games background

That would be epic

Maybe even epic, for the winz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Be honoured goons, you're posting with one of Taylor's top 0.1% listeners of the year :smug:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wow that sucks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bumhead posted:

On the contrary, I thought it was the closest RE has got to matching the vibe of RE1.

That said, RE has changed so many times since 1996 that maybe feeling like RE1 is a change of vibe.

I think that was actually a selling point of the game, since the previous game was seen as the worst excesses of the series' pivot into action. Hell, I think that was actually the point of subtitling it Biohazard/Resident Evil

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The RE thread coming together and agreeing 5 and 6 were the worst has done my horror heart so much good, ngl

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RE6 owns though

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

5 is really fun

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

re6 is the star wars prequels of the RE franchise

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Mario movie looks like it wants to be all the references at once, and I think it will fail on that grounds. I bet if you go frame by frame there will be a FLUDD in there somewhere.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

re6 is the star wars prequels of the RE franchise

That can't be right, RE6 is good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The prequels are good

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rarity posted:

Be honoured goons, you're posting with one of Taylor's top 0.1% listeners of the year :smug:

My top artist was David Holmes, apparently.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I stopped using Spotify in August or so, but:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't use Spotify. :smugdog:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

exquisite tea posted:

I don't use Spotify. :smugdog:

tells us about your favorite cassette tapes or 12" LPs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Jealous?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Extremely. I miss the days of carrying around 256 CDs inside of a giant binder in the passenger side footwell of my car.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

My wrapped got warped by apparently listening to Bam Bam 43 times the day it came out...

Look I really like that song ok

Almost 5,000 minutes of music and 23 genres this year how do you compress it into a top 5? :colbert:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I have a bin full of bluegrass CDs around here somewhere...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

my spotify thing was too embarrassing to post.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

bone emulator posted:

Do you have a toddler too or are you just really fuckin into Elmo, like me.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

bone emulator posted:

Yeah basically what I'm saying

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

AJJ fucks

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i have good taste

GRLwood also fucks

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Extremely. I miss the days of carrying around 256 CDs inside of a giant binder in the passenger side footwell of my car.

"Rate my CD Binder from 1997" would make a good web series.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i only used spotify this past month and it was to replace the elden ring music that i had heard a thousand times (sacrilege i know) so my rewind would just be like. the go team, the bad plus, and 1 of montreal song

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Just to get ahead of the curve here pretty much everyone was guilty of buying Matchbox 20's first album and Push is still a bop.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I only listen to music when I'm drunkenly singing in my room at 3 AM and for that I use YouTube. I do always get weirdly jealous this time of year when people start posting their wrapped. Effective marketing I guess.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

exquisite tea posted:

Just to get ahead of the curve here pretty much everyone was guilty of buying Matchbox 20's first album and Push is still a bop.

i couldnt name a single song from those dorks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

new brakence album drops on fri though so this’ll change

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
also that Megachurch album loving whips

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
re6 is a terrible game but it's an incredibly great terrible game

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I feel ya, I used to used the last.fm scrobbler just for those sweet charts and lists

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Chris getting so angry at getting squadwiped he catches explosive amnesia which is only cured by being reminded why he's so pissed in the first place is amazing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Soken is my #1 cause this is the year I got really deep into FFXIV.

Then you got Kenshi Yonezu sneaking into my top 5 solely because the Chainsaw Man OP is dope as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlDRhvM4L0

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feels Villeneuve posted:

4 mediocre games blended together to make a fascinating mess , I'd say

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

verbal enema posted:

i couldnt name a single song from those dorks

Smooth by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RBA Starblade posted:

Chris getting so angry at getting squadwiped he catches explosive amnesia which is only cured by being reminded why he's so pissed in the first place is amazing

leon's entire story is him crashing progressively larger vehicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Playing Tunic. Very charming little game, love the world and atmosphere. Admire the concept of a game with so little handholding that the primary collectible is loving bits of tutorial, the vast majority of which you can't even read. It works... to a point.

Namely, the point in the ghost section right after you get the teleport dash. Way to take what should have been an incredibly freeing and empowering moment and turn it into one of the most genuinely frustrating magic pixel hunts I've ever experienced in a video game. It was here that I had to give up and consult an online guide to figure out how to move forward, and once I saw the solution, this game got the very rare, actual, spoken "oh, gently caress off" from me. I did not feel bad in the slightest. I expected to be mad at myself for missing something obvious, but instead I was mad at the developer for ruining what was, up until that point, a drat good time with a puzzle whose solution was "rub up against every single wall in the game world until you find the hidden passage."

I'm at the endgame doing some cleanup now, and some of these secrets are just :psyduck:.

Basically, I do recommend this game, and I recommend you go into it blind and try to engage with it on its own terms, but if you hit a point where you need to look up the answer, don't feel too bad.