Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Lord Lambeth posted:

I don't quite get why people hate Chris Pratt in general.

Animal abuse op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't he try to give away an old cat that knew him for most of its life because he was about to have a baby and got really pissy when people thought that was lovely

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Didn't he try to give away an old cat that knew him for most of its life because he was about to have a baby and got really pissy when people thought that was lovely

yes. and a dog he adopted was found emaciated and walking the streets after they moved away from the area and gave the dog away to someone (against the rules of their adoption) who evidently couldn't take care of it properly

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hope she tells Mario she's baked a cake for him and then squashes him with her enormous rear end while a popular song about girl power, thiccness, bad bitches etc plays. I hope she uses Toad as a shield and he gets his loving head blown off with a Bullet Bill. I hope she rejects Marios kiss by telling him his princess is in another castle. I hope we both die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdZehrhhfE

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They actually played this song at the gig I was at in Manchester a couple of weeks ago lol

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
even worse than the animal abuse, chris pratt has an annoying voice and face and that's where i draw the line

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Kamek flosses. Toad describes him as 'cheugy'

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Actually, gently caress it, that would be funny. They should do that.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The epic orchestra Mario theme really pumps me up. The stakes have never been higher. Also digging the epic vocal fry on Peach, gives her a sultry side and I love Royksopp basslines.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
What do you think the music for the dance party at the end is gonna be?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What do you think the music for the dance party at the end is gonna be?

Pig Destroyer

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Morpheus posted:

I liked the Mario trailer. Peach going to gently caress poo poo up with a halberd was a pleasant surprise, I'm hoping that badass nature keeps through the film and she doesn't get kidnapped 3/4 of the way through. Pratt has said like three lines and two vocalizations throughout the course of these trailers so I don't really have an opinion on him, but the rest of the movie looks cool. I do like the 'gotta train this plumber guy to actually be the hero people know him as', seems like the thing that's going to set Mario apart is his tenacity and willingness to step up when needed, rather than being really drat good at saving the day right out the gate.

My guess based on the trailer is that Luigi is the one that gets captured, not Peach

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
If you guys watch the direct, miyamoto said they're only allowed one "gently caress" in the movie. I wonder who gets to say it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently Martinet is in the cast of this movie according to the initial actor reveal though I’m curious what his role is going to be

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

If you guys watch the direct, miyamoto said they're only allowed one "gently caress" in the movie. I wonder who gets to say it

Wario in the after credits scene

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

MonHun Rise is £17.50 for the next 8 hours. Never played a Monster Hunter before but have had my interest piqued by this one, knowing I'll be travelling with my Switch over Christmas and New Year. Worth a punt?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

Wario in the after credits scene

unironically hoping it is honestly. Maybe lean into his super mario land 2 personality a little.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Butterfly Valley posted:

MonHun Rise is £17.50 for the next 8 hours. Never played a Monster Hunter before but have had my interest piqued by this one, knowing I'll be travelling with my Switch over Christmas and New Year. Worth a punt?

100%, can't go too wrong at that price and if you like it, the expansion (sunbreak) is even better and has some really incredible fights.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's the smoothest, most accessible Monster Hunter game in the entire franchise and absolute tons of fun. I'd say if $20 is an amount of money you can afford to gamble on, go for it. If you bounce off, at least you'll know. But if you bounce ON, there is a thousand hours of amazing games ahead of you. Rise is definitely the best entry point, too (IMO, some people make good arguments for World).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962895

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Luigi's gonna say it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ImpAtom posted:

I mean he is just such a bad choice and giving gim injokes just makes it worse. 'Letsa go' said in a bland whisper is just so 'what?'

Peach becoming Generic Animated Female Lead 26 bothers me less because that is just her personality + extra sass and also it may mean we get a scene of her wrecking poo poo with a halberd which I'm good with

It looks great. I look forward to the cut where someone replaces all of Pratt's lines with Mario clips.

Looking forward to Dynasty Warriors: Mushroom Kingdom Edition.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I don't understand what's going on, but I also don't follow competitive smash, because :lol:

These people didn't get the blessing of Nintendo for their tournament? I don't understand why they can't have a video game tournament that primarily (or exclusively) features Smash and that's that. :shrug: Like ok, so it's not licensed. People can't organize a group to play a Nintendo game?

When money's involved, a lot of money at that? No. Not every multiplayer game needs a competitive scene. Especially a scene as bad as Smash.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

American McGay posted:

Reusing the exact same trailer theme from last time was a bit strange. Last update they said Koji Kondo just started work on the soundtrack so maybe they didn’t have any other track they were happy with yet.

Oh boy I hope Kondo still gives it his A game and writes things that aren't entirely remixes.

He flies under the radar too often but he's got one of the strongest senses of composition in gaming.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Welp, just saw a weird pokeball during one of the Titan Pokemon aftermaths in ScarVio, which is apparently a reference object and a sign of something fucky going on! I hope it is not a sign of save corruption. At least it's in an area I can never visit again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My opinion of princess Peach in this movie is: Would

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

:thanks:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shindragon posted:

unironically hoping it is honestly. Maybe lean into his super mario land 2 personality a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ols08P7Aq8s

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
God drat this horny thread

Movie ain't even out

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

I was dying to know, thank you

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Huxley posted:

It's the smoothest, most accessible Monster Hunter game in the entire franchise and absolute tons of fun. I'd say if $20 is an amount of money you can afford to gamble on, go for it. If you bounce off, at least you'll know. But if you bounce ON, there is a thousand hours of amazing games ahead of you. Rise is definitely the best entry point, too (IMO, some people make good arguments for World).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962895

I kinda bounced off World but for $20 and portability I'm gonna try it again

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That said:

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1597990752646483968

e: I don't actually know who that dude is, though. Just saw it posted in the Xbox thread.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I already have a billion game backlog on my PC with gamepass and seeing as Rise by all accounts runs and plays great on the Switch I feel it would still be good to have it on there

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

WarpDogs posted:

"ostensibly goofy character has an overly serious and dramatic voice" is a really common trope and it's fine for a gag or two but gets old super fast

he's still a better mario than pratt

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I already have a billion game backlog on my PC with gamepass and seeing as Rise by all accounts runs and plays great on the Switch I feel it would still be good to have it on there

I have rise on switch but I will definitely double dip for the PS5 version for those glorious frames

I'm glad Capcom is finally on board with milking their franchises on all the consoles in contrast to their console exclusivity they had going on with monster hunter. Sometimes it was portable, sometimes it was on Sony consoles, oh no wait now it's Nintendo only, wait let's split the difference and make separate ones for different consoles

Getting to choose between portability and graphical fidelity owns

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Morpheus posted:

I liked the Mario trailer. Peach going to gently caress poo poo up with a halberd was a pleasant surprise, I'm hoping that badass nature keeps through the film and she doesn't get kidnapped 3/4 of the way through. Pratt has said like three lines and two vocalizations throughout the course of these trailers so I don't really have an opinion on him, but the rest of the movie looks cool. I do like the 'gotta train this plumber guy to actually be the hero people know him as', seems like the thing that's going to set Mario apart is his tenacity and willingness to step up when needed, rather than being really drat good at saving the day right out the gate.

Yeah I mean I consider Mario pretty capable and confident, so it's strange to see him as such a bumbling oaf in the trailer, doing pratfalls :haw: and getting his rear end kicked. I guess over the course of the movie he'll undergo the hero's journey and be triple jumping by the end. The clickbaits will be "I cried when Mario finally butt stomped a goomba"

Looks like they're embracing his plumber origin, I was mildly surprised since Miyamoto said he's an adventurer now instead.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Of course Mario is going to be weak, lacking confidence and in desperate need of guidance at the beginning of the film.

It wouldn't be a proper generic AAA Hollywood film without the hero's journey now would it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Huxley posted:

That said:

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1597990752646483968

e: I don't actually know who that dude is, though. Just saw it posted in the Xbox thread.

Yeah I don't really trust that source. Their Twitter account looks to mostly be bots because their Youtube channel is really small.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don’t necessarily believe that account but I can believe that Capcom is working on a port to the current gen consoles. January release is a bit odd. What was the last thing Capcom released? RE8 DLC? I figured they’d want something for the holiday window.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh it's not an official thing? Lame, hopefully it materializes. I would imagine with the steam port, a lot of the groundwork is already done.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Mister Facetious posted:

You had me at, "Let's-a go." :allears:

Also, his, "Wahoo!" at the end is perfect.

Actually his "Wahoo!" sucks. It lacks joy.

At least Peach is dummy thicc