Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

waffle iron posted:

Presumably the EU would tell Google and Apple to delist the app for people located in the EU. Don't think the EU can do to stop the web site from being accessible.

Oh, right. Yeah thats pretty simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

How long until the "Should the EU be more pro-free speech?" poll?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I can't find the tweets now but there were a handful of indie game outfits who confirmed Musk tried to license their games with payment being exposure.

Spend time and money porting your game to Teslas for free for the "richest man in the world"

Yeah, I'll pass.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

reminder that Zuck tried this, the EU said "lol okay bye." and Zuck folded.

Musky HAS to not be a beta like Zuck.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
waiting for the tweet how smart Britain was to destroy its loving economy and live in the slums while dealing with 180% import taxes by leaving the EU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Philthy posted:

waiting for the tweet how smart Britain was to destroy its loving economy and live in the slums while dealing with 180% import taxes by leaving the EU

But they owned the poles(?) so in the end who can say who was right or wrong

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Kia drivers are the second most dangerous people on the road behind only the Great Horde known as Nissan drivers.

Tesla drivers try to run you off the road more than Altima drivers

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Should the continent that created NAZIS leave me alone and be more free speech?

Yes

No

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hobo Clown posted:

Should the continent that created NAZIS leave me alone and be more free speech?

Yes

No

Fact Check: Posted by a Boer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh god the EU is gonna make me lol my balls inside out

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

waffle iron posted:

Presumably the EU would tell Google and Apple to delist the app for people located in the EU. Don't think the EU can do to stop the web site from being accessible.

They can tell twitter to geoblock europe on the website or they'll pursue legal action against the american corporation using the international trade agreements.

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

I think they can also order EU ISPs to blacklist DNS requests for twitter.com. I know they've done this for stuff like the pirate bay

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MikeJF posted:

They can tell twitter to geoblock europe on the website or they'll pursue legal action against the american corporation using the international trade agreements.

Oh please go this route and have Elon refuse to do it and have them really torch this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

He plays Elden Ring (Very) Badly: a lot of his old tweets when that came out were about garbage gimmick builds

oh come on he didn't play, he just googled 'best elden ring builds' and used the first few results which were of course bullshit gimmick builds because that's how the internet works.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
patriots only site

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
This is like the part in Xenoblade where entire continents start fighting with swords and spears except that they’re all just collectively squashing a little pest who thinks he’s also a continent

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

doooooo iiiiiiiit

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
How soon until the fanboys start yelling that the EU is being unconstitutional? Just like Elon they tend to forget there's more out there than just the US so the response should be good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Buce posted:

doooooo iiiiiiiit

I mean as mentioned the EU will do it if Musk wants to be a baby. They aren’t chickenshit like the US

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Gubbinal Girl posted:

I think they can also order EU ISPs to blacklist DNS requests for twitter.com. I know they've done this for stuff like the pirate bay

rt.com is inaccessible across most, if not all, of the EU and it wasn't even breaking any EU regulations. Their twitter account is still active but the tweets can't be viewed in those countries either.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Gonna need lots of code to get around these EU restrictions

Sorry folks no Christmas break this year

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

rt.com is inaccessible across most, if not all, of the EU and it wasn't even breaking any EU regulations. Their twitter account is still active but the tweets can't be viewed in those countries either.

isn't that just self censoring to avoid paying fines for GDPR noncompliance? like all those american newspapers websites that just throw an error if you visit from the EU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Pretty sure they can tell EU based companies not to advertise through them.

...not that, that seems like it will be much of an issue with how many companies have ceased advertising voluntarily.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gonna be a long week of emoji tweeting and circle jerking his right wing buddies about how Europe sucks for defying him. Its not like they didnt warn him this could happen if he did the things he did at a rapid fire pace st that.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so theres some poo poo going down in china.

I sure hope elons twitter will support free speech.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hopefully they block the UK too, that country would really be better off with a Twitter holiday.

Although sadly they'll still have the mumsnet forums.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

ymgve posted:

isn't that just self censoring to avoid paying fines for GDPR noncompliance? like all those american newspapers websites that just throw an error if you visit from the EU

I don't think it was this as they'd been accessible for years after GDPR came into force. It was shortly after Russia started that poo poo in Ukraine that access disappeared. Their Twitter account is blocked with the reason being a legal demand from the EU.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Kale posted:

Gonna be a long week of emoji tweeting and circle jerking his right wing buddies about how Europe sucks for defying him. Its not like they didnt warn him this could happen if he did the things he did at a rapid fire pace st that.

elon should simply make his own multi-national geopolitical trade coalition.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Elon's gonna convince the GOP to invade the EU so Europe can finally have free speech and make comedy legal

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I just need to find a few RT articles praising Musk and tweet at him that the EU won't let me read about wonderful he is, and how he should unblock the account to show those EU bureaucrats whose boss.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’d say the line to go with that would be hard to defend is talking about how unchecked CSAM is because he fired everyone, but that might just lead to him explaining how it’s just ebophila or something

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
...hey, it just occurred to me that we haven't seen any new Melon tweets in a while. Whaddya think, did the lawyers finally hogtie him or is he in a post-Adderall-binge coma?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's basically impossible to get round europe's :files: ban or the endless, endless, website consent bollocks without a VPN. UK put the laws in motion to get twitter added to the ISP block list yesterday and that list is run on ministerial discretion. One of the missteps Musk is absolutely bound to make is assuming countries within the EU can't have their own laws, and that's going to be amusing to watch play out as well.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mal-3 posted:

...hey, it just occurred to me that we haven't seen any new Melon tweets in a while. Whaddya think, did the lawyers finally hogtie him or is he in a post-Adderall-binge coma?

Maybe he is doing actual work as a ceo and is too buhahahahahahaha

I couldn’t even pretend, sorry y’all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

bobjr posted:

I’d say the line to go with that would be hard to defend is talking about how unchecked CSAM is because he fired everyone, but that might just lead to him explaining how it’s just ebophila or something

I mean he said he was going after that stuff and for him saying something is just as good as actually doing stuff

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mal-3 posted:

he's been replying

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598004480066621441

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon should just buy the EU 🤣

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

vaginite posted:

Apple's doing it right by just ignoring this bullshit. Right wing media 101 is to provoke you into a dumb argument then twist your words into their narrative, and if you're just quiet they look like flailing idiots til they move to the next outrage.

Yeah I don't see why Apple has to respond. They are a many billion dollar company with real business concerns. This isn't reality TV and if anything, it would only elevate Musk for them to respond.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ElGroucho posted:

My son asked me to install a mod for him, and the amount of shady rear end websites, suspect .jar files, and general difficulties has convinced me that it is a real lovely loving game

The modding community for it is just loving insane. Like "a bunch of download urls that route you through ads so the modders can get pennies for your click" and "if you install this mod with this other mod, it's designed to nuke your game" insane.

At least, it used to be. I imagine some of that's still around, but I haven't modded that game in ages.

MikeJF posted:

oh come on he didn't play, he just googled 'best elden ring builds' and used the first few results which were of course bullshit gimmick builds because that's how the internet works.

No, seriously, if you saw the build, he did not do this, his build was inexplicable. If there was a gimmick, it was "I have no idea why you made any choice that you made here." The most charitable explanation is that he made the build bad on purpose for a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

He also has the FTC to worry about too, should be a fun 2023.