Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Equeen posted:

it's a shame that the SA podcast is apparently bad and hosted a goon everyone hates, because i wouldn't mind a podcast on SA ~lore~. from failed goon projects and bizarre drama, to actual influence on culture and real life events, there's a lot to talk about! the key would be to have fun with it, not make it a somber documentary series or whatever.
oriously bad poster Guy Mann as a creator.
tbf the same 3-10 goon stories have been telephoned and told a bazillion times that goons have ruined even goon lore. I do t even think it’s that interesting anymore. lol remember that time a goon eyeballed phenezepam and order a grand piano off eBay???? remember the time that killary Clinton ordered the goon fleet mod to be annihilated into smithereens??

anyways if you wan, there is the pyf saga thread but you just need to Adblock every terrible gibbis poster so it’s readable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
though to be fair, brown Moses getting CIA funding for reading articles off Wikipedia as ~serious journalism~ is very funny and will always be funny

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

though to be fair, brown Moses getting CIA funding for reading articles off Wikipedia as ~serious journalism~ is very funny and will always be funny

Amen

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Xaris posted:

anyways if you wan, there is the pyf saga thread but you just need to Adblock every terrible gibbis poster so it’s readable

pretty sure if you did this pyf would be gone

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Equeen posted:

it's a shame that the SA podcast is apparently bad and hosted a goon everyone hates, because i wouldn't mind a podcast on SA ~lore~. from failed goon projects and bizarre drama, to actual influence on culture and real life events, there's a lot to talk about! the key would be to have fun with it, not make it a somber documentary series or whatever.

and also not have notoriously bad poster Guy Mann as a creator.

i would mind this

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

dunno who that oval office is but this is dreadful. thanks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thats kirbykhan

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol but also lol that hes doing the you know bad thing? i think its good! 20 years later. bravo to a master of his craft

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

tbf the same 3-10 goon stories have been telephoned and told a bazillion times that goons have ruined even goon lore. I do t even think it’s that interesting anymore. lol remember that time a goon eyeballed phenezepam and order a grand piano off eBay???? remember the time that killary Clinton ordered the goon fleet mod to be annihilated into smithereens??

those aren’t really wrong

I mean, the first one tried to order a piano but failed and the latter <REDACTED>

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KirbyKhan posted:

They revere the post and the concept of posting so much. They have such joy in their voices about it. I hate it on a primal level.

This is bizarre because guy manns whole deal is that he's one of the most miserable, joyless posters ever to exist. A piece of poo poo who just 100% sucks and has never experienced fun

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This podcast is his redemption arc.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

spr plz move the pyf thread to the mod forum so gibbis rear end posters can stop podcasting them. Tia

But then only the most gibbis posters would have access to it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KirbyKhan posted:

This podcast is his redemption arc.

He should be redeemed directly into a loving grave

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
ID Discovery True Crime, but instead of using public crime information they use posts as their research. It should use similar quality reenactments.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
the worst thing Maddox ever did was show his disgusting droopy-eyes goony face on camera

at least he could pretend he was an internet tough guy contrarian when he was anonymous

shattering that illusion made him all even worse

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

But then only the most gibbis posters would have access to it
true. close the forum then. all the forums

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

has anyone tried to reenact a historical thread yet? like not taking drugs and buying a piano but just getting people to make a thread and comment while pretending to be the posters who did it 15 years ago. that would be incredibly stupid.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
You can't just put a pool in a basement nowadays.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Was just listening to the latest Chapo, and the "it'll happen when you stop caring about it happening" is probably the most comically bad dating advice that I frequently see given. I completely stopped caring about anything related to dating like 10 years ago and it's only resulted in me never dating anyone. It's not like people just randomly show interest in you as an adult; most people at work apparently thought I was married until I mentioned otherwise (because that's the default assumption about an adult who look doesn't look bad and isn't looking for a relationship - "not eager to date" just sends the message that you're already in a relationship, or otherwise not interested in one). Back when I was younger and anxious/desperate about it constantly I at least had a bunch of women as friends/acquaintances and a few became interested in me, even if it was never anyone I was also attracted to.

IMO what people are mistaken about when they give this advice is that you will meet people when you're happy, and this just happens to coincide with not being unhappy about being single. It's not the "not caring about dating" part that does it, but the "having such a good life that you're still happy even without dating (which usually involves having a good job/money, and is why you usually see this advice given by people who are well off themselves)."

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Dec 1, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
well yeah their first mistake is asking the dry boys on how to have sex

and amber is gone

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
that’s like asking stephen miller on how to look young

or a mod to be normal

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
hot people shouldn't give dating advice

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at that girl caller tho. woof

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I turned it off because it seemed like it would be embarrassing to listen in earshot of anyone.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh, speaking of things you shouldn't want anyone to overhear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd3EfUFQs0k

a couple of these questions are...remarkable

edit is this not embedding right or is it just my browser

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i say swears online posted:

lol at the idea of AIT as cspam's maddox

for every woman you don't respect, i'm going to respect three

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

for every woman you don't respect, i'm going to respect three

my roommate owned this (endangered species shirt) in 2004-5 lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my roommate owned this (endangered species shirt) in 2004-5 lol

reading and loling at maddox and tucker max in high school... what a time

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

oh, speaking of things you shouldn't want anyone to overhear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd3EfUFQs0k

a couple of these questions are...remarkable

edit is this not embedding right or is it just my browser

embeds are broken rn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

embeds are broken rn

ty

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ytlaya posted:

Was just listening to the latest Chapo, and the "it'll happen when you stop caring about it happening" is probably the most comically bad dating advice that I frequently see given. I completely stopped caring about anything related to dating like 10 years ago and it's only resulted in me never dating anyone. It's not like people just randomly show interest in you as an adult; most people at work apparently thought I was married until I mentioned otherwise (because that's the default assumption about an adult who look doesn't look bad and isn't looking for a relationship - "not eager to date" just sends the message that you're already in a relationship, or otherwise not interested in one). Back when I was younger and anxious/desperate about it constantly I at least had a bunch of women as friends/acquaintances and a few became interested in me, even if it was never anyone I was also attracted to.

IMO what people are mistaken about when they give this advice is that you will meet people when you're happy, and this just happens to coincide with not being unhappy about being single. It's not the "not caring about dating" part that does it, but the "having such a good life that you're still happy even without dating (which usually involves having a good job/money, and is why you usually see this advice given by people who are well off themselves)."

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Love island but for people who have given up on dating

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Just take the right mix of hormones so you're never horny. Should be the default imo, put antilibidos in the corn syrup

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ytlaya posted:

:pwn:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sister just needs to be normal and to stop saying things like "i'm a human of the female kind" tbh

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

sister just needs to be normal and to stop saying things like "i'm a human of the female kind" tbh

when Will called her a femoid I lol’d

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Ytlaya posted:

Entirely correct, not sure why people are giving you a hard time. I only met my partner when I both got over the idea that dating was the be-all end-all to solving my problems, and then applied myself to meeting someone.

The social fabric of north america is torn up, tatters. The 3rd places are vanishingly scarce. The meet cutes of day to day life are few and far between. "Don't care about dating / It'll just happen" was good advice before the age of loneliness, but not anymore.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

*stops caring about dating and sits in my apartment alone every friday/saturday for years never interacting with another person* WHY AM I NOT GETTING hosed

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Cael posted:

*stops caring about dating and sits in my apartment alone every friday/saturday for years never interacting with another person* WHY AM I NOT GETTING hosed

have you tried sitting alone at a barstool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cael posted:

it’s getting harder out there. cmon man

quote:

Atalay reports that, between 2003 and 2019, people spent an increasing amount of time alone. Over this 16-year period, the portion of free time people spent alone increased, on average, from 43.5 percent to 48.7 percent, representing an increase of over 5 percentage points. Then, at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the share of time that individuals spent in solitude increased, on average, to over half of their free time (50.7 percent).

The author found that the post-2003 increases in alone time are more pronounced for individuals with low socioeconomic status — specifically, individuals without a college education, those who are non-White, and those from lower-income households. In 2003, for example, individuals who never attended college spent slightly less time alone, on average, than individuals who did (42.9 percent versus 43.9 percent). However, by 2019, time alone among individuals who never attended college was, on average, 4.7 percentage points higher than for those who did.

Atalay considers the types of interactions that have become less prevalent since 2003. Mirroring the overall increase in time spent alone, the fraction of free time spent with other individuals from other households decreased on average, from 21.9 percent in 2003 to 17.3 percent in 2019, representing a 4.6 percentage point decline. (In the first year of the pandemic, this fraction declined even further, falling sharply to an average of 12.3 percent.) Although all demographic groups saw a decline in time spent with individuals outside of the home, the greatest declines were among people who never attended college, were from low-income households, and were non-White. According to Atalay, the downward trends in time spent with others outside of the home “portend a deterioration in social ties.”

What accounts for the observed increase in solitude? The change in the amount of time alone, Atalay finds, is mostly attributable to the shift toward spending more time alone on leisure activities at home — that is, at the expense of leisure time spent outside of the home and with other people. He reported that all demographic groups spent more of their leisure activity in the home. In particular, he found that people spent more time alone watching television, with especially large increases in television viewing among people who never attended college.

https://www.philadelphiafed.org/the...-for-well-being