Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

Ehhh, All three are decent tanks. Personally, I'd put the t56 ahead of the obj703v2 though. Also, if one was to purchase either of these tanks for secondary crew training in mind, the t56 is you better choice. The obj703v2 does indeed work on the st-ii line, but in reality, that line isn't really all that great. Meanwhile, the vz55 is one you'll see in nearly every t10 match which the t56 perfectly trains for.

Yeah, they're both really good, I just personally think I have more fun with the double barrel tank. Looking at the expectation values for MoE, the Skoda has a requirement of ~4000 average damage for the 3rd mark whereas the double penetrator has ~3700. That's about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just for the benefit of anyone eyeing it: it's not really worth it. They buffed it some time ago so it's not tragic anymore, but it's clearly a relic from a time long past. As a collector's item, sure.

Yeah, the historic benefit of the Type 59 was it's strength vs tech tree tier 8s and preferential matchmaking, both of which have dropped off in relevance due to the sheer power of T8 premiums these days.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sad but true. It's still a good tank with a pretty tough turret, but no longer good enough to make enemy players poo poo their pants at the mere sight of one.

Still, it never sees Tier X, so that's something to consider.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Winning Frontlines as a General:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

~20m credits poorer this morning. Glad a sale finally popped, I was quite literally down to a single large repair kit in the depot.

Re: t56/703v2, keep in mind you will need to spend at least 2 equipment slots on the t56 to make its gun feel like it has a snowball's chance in hell to hit anything more than like 50m in front of you. On the 703v2 however I feel comfortable running turbo and hardening with just a vstab and the gun still being perfectly fine.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the type 59 is dog poo poo. unreliable armor (even on the turret), 240 alpha shitter, bad gun, no gun depression or elevation. it's not even that fast compared to any of the actually good premium mediums. it was good 10 years ago when i bought it and now it's just holding my 121B crew until i get the bonds together

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This year's holiday ops commanders are Arnie again (he actually did a pretty good voice over) and Milla Jovovich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Lr5C4ST9M

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Man this amx 65t sure is a vehicle that looks like a heavy tank and is slow like a heavy tank. Where is all the armor and damage the french superheavy line is supposed to have though?
Starting to regret dropping my halloween crew in it to work up its tree.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The free battle pass just gave you 120? universal fragments, what are you doing playing the 65t.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The 65t is literally the worst tank in the game.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I didn't expect it to be actual poo poo and barely managed to scrape enough silver to buy it on discount right after burning 20m on cheap consumables. That mistake will be rectified as soon as I can afford the silver for the next one in line.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What part of everyone saying the 65t is a godawful tank did you misunderstand?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMMewD9Aw1U

Also, the 65t is a piece of poo poo.

Edit: The T5 double barrel TD looks hilarious. I need it. The camo for the Super Conq looks :discourse:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 28, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The T9 light looks fun and I want it. The Chinese heavy is probably this year's Tornvagn (except with a rocket engine) and WG kinda give the game away on Arnie's M47 by saying "it doesn't have the best characteristics for T8 but makes up for it with turret armor". Another cancerous hull down fucker that's miserable to play and miserable to play against. The AMBT is fun but I already have it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do I have this right? WoT ditched the old festive holiday ops in favor of having people log in twice a day so they can mine resources in order to do missions?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RandomPauI posted:

Do I have this right? WoT ditched the old festive holiday ops in favor of having people log in twice a day so they can mine resources in order to do missions?

I have no loving clue. The explanation is insanely convoluted. You have holiday cheer, you have four different resources (two of which are used to level up your festive level, two for missions for holiday buddies), you have holiday buddies, you have missions from Milla, you may have missions from Arnie but possibly only if you missed out on some of his rewards from last year? It's amazing that they can never make a fun thing without immediately making it worse and worse on every repetition.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Sounds like their plan is ditching decorations as a collectible in favour of these new resources, which is almost certainly a smokescreen for putting the overall unlock requirements up so people buy more boxes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Reddit Post posted:

TL'DR

Overly complicated but it's possible to ignore a lot of it. It does require you to login every day, for 1 hr preferably (or 2 visits an hour apart)
- 4 currencies - Rock Crystal, Pure emerald, Warm Amber, Meteoric Iron

You collect these by -
- visiting 2 other best-friends christmas camps a day (just go visit them, not taxing) - gives bonus skins/decals
- daily missions (inc bonus)
- collecting them from your christmas camp twice a day (with a 55 minute gap between collections - you can enable an auto-collector but it's expensive - 150K a collection)
- patting a dog you get at level 2 festive atmosphere
- They are in boxes

Rock Crystal / Pure Emerald
- Used for raising Festive Atmosphere
- rewards for festive atomosphere are the fragments, female tankers, training books, skin, gif terminal tokens, last years skin shop (at max level)

Warm Amber / Meteoric Iron
- Used for raising Economic bonus - Credits (upto 50%) + Either more crew xp, tank xp or free xp.
- you complete collection requirements (like... 250 amber) then Milla and Arnold give you a bonus to the econs. 10 missions for each milla and arnold.
- you also get skins / decals
- once you have completed all 10 for both arnold and milla (and have festive level 10) you can buy gift tokens with the 4 resources.

Holiday Ops Challenge
- Separately, Mila has 28 missions for you to do. (like get 3 kills in a battle or whatever)
- The main reward is Mila has a commander with a wierd skillset (BIA / Repairs / firefighting + 1 free skill slot)
- also gives discount on techtree tanks (same as every year), decals and gift terminal tokens
- you can convert missions from a "in one battle" type to a "over several battle" types - 1 per day.
- you can also finish arnie missions from last year too that you did not finish (you can not get another arnie i don't think)

The gift terminal is this years RNG fiesta / drain
- tokens are from festive atomsphere raising, holiday ops challenge, creating them once you have done the amber / iron grind with Milla/Arnold and done the crystal/emerald festive atmosphere grind (we can think of this as the endgame spender)
- 11% chance at either renting / owning obj 283.
- Other rewards are low-mid tier stuff (books, guides, equipment, reserves, credits, garage slot, repair kit etc....)

Misc / WHAT SHOULD I DO!?
- You can convert between crystal / emerald etc... but you lose 20% doing so.
- whichever strat you're going down, try to get festive atmosphere 2 immediately so you can pet the dog from day 1.
- optimum efficency strat is to obviously not convert so you need to login every day, pat dog, visit 2 friends, do dailies, collect you own resources (twice, 55 mins apart) then raise festive atmosphere and econ bonus in tandem. Once both festive atmosphere and econ is done, make gift terminal tokens and spend them.
- optimum credit strat is to convert crystal/emerald into amber/iron, grind out milla/arnold, then do the reverse (for festive atmosphere) then buy tokens.

The TL:DR of the TL:DR:
- Login each day for 1 hour. Collect 4 resources from your own village
- Go to two friends villages (mark them as best friends by clicking the star in the top right corner), collect 4 resources from them(not got a friend on EU? Add Myshra and i will accept)
- pet ya dog (req festive 2)
- now check if you can up your festive level with crystal/emerald - do so if you possible
- now check your mila/arnold requests to see you if you have enough armber/iron to up them
- now do your dailies - all of them inc bonus if possible. Try to do milla's mission too but it's not urgent (unless its the last day!)
- make gift terminal tokens once you have done festive/milla/arnold with excess currency. pray to rnjesus and hope for a 283. you will get tokens before this as well for other stuff, just use them immediately.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK well sounds like a cool event when they need a god drat page of french lines for the tl;dr version.

If anyone wants a buddy on the EU servers to pass gifts with (or to even play the game with?) add "soralapio".

Also interested in an EU clan that isn't full of people who use slurs like normal people use punctuation, my current IRL friend clan is deader than a doornail.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Is it just me, or are none of the halo premiums this year really that great?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Nothing is gonna beat the 2019 or 2020 offerings with the autoreloading Soviet heavies, Skorp, Su130, Progetto, Defender, E25, LefH etc but yeah this looks a bit desperate.
If the tier 9 light really has 3.5s intraclip it's as good as dead, M47 SuperPatton is whatever, more stuff with thick armor and atrocious guns.

I'd gladly take the AMBT if I was spending money, but I didn't even buy the battle pass this time around :shrug:
All my go to tanks are well equipped, 100 mil+ of stuff in the depot, gonna ride it out slowly as a f2p scrub until the collapse of civilization as we know it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

From what I've been led to believe, the T9 French light fires multiple rounds per shot, each ~200 damage. Even so, that's asking quite a bit with shot bloom and server lag.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
AMBT is the only tank I really want. When they showed the cat in the lootboxes I was actually hoping it was going to be a commander with voice lines.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TracerM17 posted:

When they showed the cat in the lootboxes I was actually hoping it was going to be a commander with voice lines.

(after setting a tank on fire) *melodious trilling*
(after cooking off an ammo rack) *long, lulling purr*

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 29, 2022

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

TracerM17 posted:

AMBT is the only tank I really want. When they showed the cat in the lootboxes I was actually hoping it was going to be a commander with voice lines.

What the Hell?! Wargaming come the gently caress on. Why cant a cat be a commander.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cats can only be radiomen.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Cats can only be radiomen.

The dream is over.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what an improvement to my gameplay experience turning off chat is. i know that goes against the poster's bushido code of these forums but i ain't turnin that poo poo back on ever

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

But just think about missing out on those like 1-in-50 games where 1) at least 1 member of your team is not braindead, 2) that non-braindead teammate responds in chat, and 3) it makes any difference in the outcome! The horror.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

what an improvement to my gameplay experience turning off chat is. i know that goes against the poster's bushido code of these forums but i ain't turnin that poo poo back on ever

Yah, the ability to completely turn off chat was one reason I came back to the game X many years ago. The only way I would consider turning it back on now is if they stopped dead tankers from chatting. At least then if someone is being toxic I would know they are not paying attention to who's shooting them and might die soon. It might be funny to see someone raging out, then the red text that shows their tank exploded and then just nothing in chat after that.

The only time I miss it is during a close game where knowing exactly what my remaining team members are planning might be helpful.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
this is why you just get chatbanned yourself, no need to install a mod. go apeshit on that e100 with 200dmg cause they were shooting HE that sat in the upper right corner trying to snipe stuff the whole round and make him feel bad while also alleviating some of your drunken 2 am rage

no that is not how my last game just went gently caress you

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

(after setting a tank on fire) *melodious trilling*
(after cooking off an ammo rack) *long, lulling purr*

World of Warships has Unsinkable Sam, who was a real life ship's cat. Sam survived the sinkings of the KMS Bismarck, HMS Cossack and HMS Ark Royal before retiring to a sailors' home. The in-game commander just has a lot of cat sounds: purring when he sinks a ship, hissing when enemies are spotted etc.

You can bet your rear end I whaled the gently caress out when Sam became available for purchase.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

World of Warships has Unsinkable Sam, who was a real life ship's cat. Sam survived the sinkings of the KMS Bismarck, HMS Cossack and HMS Ark Royal before retiring to a sailors' home. The in-game commander just has a lot of cat sounds: purring when he sinks a ship, hissing when enemies are spotted etc.

You can bet your rear end I whaled the gently caress out when Sam became available for purchase.

The real life explanation for why you can have a ship captain cat and not a tank captain cat is that there is no loving way in hell a cat is going to not go absolutely berserk inside of a tank, whereas they have at least some room to move about within a ship, even if it is a closed room.

e; pretty sure i haven't heard of a submarine cat tho but i've heard of sub dogs.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Why do I play this poo poo loving game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/livestream/12-days-of-tankmas-2022/

Get watching gents for free poo poo.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Huh so the mle 75 really has a 3x200 damage PomPom that can fire twice, 3.5s apart. Also the CS-63 long distance runner mode :psyduck:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

loving lol at this event

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the autoloading kv-1 that i got for well deserved rewards is hilarious. send those tier 5 low tier state padders straight to hell

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
They have some CC event going on starting tomorrow, but I haven't seen it advertised on WG's site. I've only seen it mentioned on a few CC's youtube videos. Here are some codes I've found to join a team, you can only join 1 team. You get some missions and rewards for it according to Dez's latest video.

Skill's: HO23SKILL4LTU
Dez's: HO23DEZGAMEZ
QB's: HO23QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Well, I've got over 15,000 bonds now. Decided to go with an extra universal manual (since they only allow you one of those) and three zero-perk crew members since they can be invaluable to filling atypical slots on new tanks.