Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Are the daggers still in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Broken Cog posted:

There are currently no Heresy mission available.

So I went and did a Malice mission instead, finished it, came back to the Mourningstar, and there's still no Heresy missions available. Fun times

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
This game is going to ruin me with the cosmetics, cause some of these are really fantastic. I'm loving the bomber jacket for the veteran

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah bomber jacket veteran and the recon Ogryn pants specifically own and I run both on my characters.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

DeathSandwich posted:

They reset graphics and re-defaulted to ray tracing being off this patch and said on the stream not to turn it back on for now. If you reverted back to your old settings pre-patch then that might be part of the problem.
I watched that part and read the notes but to be absolutely clear.

Ray tracing is currently disabled for AMD and Intel GPU users while investigating issues related to our support for these GPU's. We are working closely with our hardware partners to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, ray tracing is turned off by default to avoid any issues in playing the game.

Leads me to believe I can still use it on Nvidia, but we'll see.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Kith posted:

Crucian Roulette
+4% Critical Chance for each empty chamber in your weapon.

This is the dumbest loving perk in the game because it can come on weapons with 40-50 round magazines. If you spot one, grab it for future Crafting nonsense so you can staple it to your Autogun of choice and deal double damage (or more!) for the latter half of every magazine, no questions asked.

Most guns only have the one thing actually called a chamber, with revolvers being some exceptions. Are you sure it does anything on non revolvers?

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 30, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I watched that part and read the notes but to be absolutely clear.

Ray tracing is currently disabled for AMD and Intel GPU users while investigating issues related to our support for these GPU's. We are working closely with our hardware partners to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, ray tracing is turned off by default to avoid any issues in playing the game.

Leads me to believe I can still use it on Nvidia, but we'll see.

Yeah looks like I can still turn it on, it's just off by default.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

Most guns only have the one thing actually called a chamber, with revolvers being some exceptions. Are you sure it does anything on non revolvers?

I have never in my life heard someone refer to a part of the magazine as the "chamber" so yeah I think it's probably a lot less good than it sounds. Still good for the revolver though, those are big hits.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh hey, they made some of the psyker penances a bit less dumb. Now you only need to shove 7 enemies off a ledge in one go, and for the "solo a boss with only mindburst" you "only" need to do 90% damage and the killing blow, so it's not immediately ruined if a teammate accidentally wings it.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Decon posted:

Sounds about tide. I play regularly with a group of friends and when we play with randos we 100% of the time let them die. We'll pick them up if they stick with the drat team, but if they run off? They're dead and we'll get them when we can.

So wait what's the dbno limit now? Because Verm 2's poorly communicated limit sucked imo.

worked surprisingly well in the beta, but first two matches today were awful and I aborted the third when two just triggered the witch for no reason and half the team got wiped a minute in lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Perestroika posted:

Oh hey, they made some of the psyker penances a bit less dumb. Now you only need to shove 7 enemies off a ledge in one go, and for the "solo a boss with only mindburst" you "only" need to do 90% damage and the killing blow, so it's not immediately ruined if a teammate accidentally wings it.

yeah they made a lot of changes. sharpshooter only has to hit 5 enemies with an airburst grenade. it used to be 3, but you had to kill them. ogryn only has to go 40 yards in 20s, and only has to hit 70 enemies in a single charge now, but has to hit 6 enemy ogryns instead of 4 for that penance lol

zealot got the exploit for the "10 minutess, low health for 75% of the run" penance fixed, but you have 20 minutes now.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I don't know what changes they made but chainswords can actually kill things now.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 30, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Back Hack posted:

I don't know changes they made but chainsword can actually kill things now.

The chainsword has always been able to kill things though? At least since they fixed it after the original beta weekend, it's been fine. I've used it on multiple characters for multiple hours and have had no problems with kill time or horde sweep.

I don't know how people get these weird ideas about certain weapons being garbage. In a hundred hours across every class I've not hit a melee weapon in particular I thought was bad, and the only ranged weapon I've truly disliked was the burst fire head hunter autogun and like, the autopistol.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

I don't know how people get these weird ideas about certain weapons being garbage. In a hundred hours across every class I've not hit a melee weapon in particular I thought was bad, and the only ranged weapon I've truly disliked was the burst fire head hunter autogun and like, the autopistol.

Level gating. When you first start your weapons suck. So you learn those weapons suck. More exotic weapons unlock as levels and hero power rise, giving you the false impression the newer weapons are just better.

That's leaving aside the fact that later weapons are rarely balanced as well because they're playtested less. A fully charged zealot hammer can do thousands of damage under the right conditions, that's going to leave a hell of an impression when up until that point you couldn't even one shot grunts.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Imo the only truly "bad" weapons are the ones that have bad attack patterns that don't suit your style. And even then they may work for someone else better than you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

deep dish peat moss posted:

Some changes I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned:

Grimoires add less Corruption now, looks like 0.75 bars per Grimoire
Getting downed no longer gives you wounds/corruption - only grimoires and things like beast of nurgle vomit give you any purple health at all

So +wounds isn't nearly as necessary anymore but still nice to have on 4* when you get -1 Wounds baseline.

with 3 health pips 2 grimoires now puts you at 50% health instead of 33%

There must be a bug with grimoires or something because I just did a mission where we had one grim but 80% of our bars were corrupted.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
The new vault map seems neat. RT was still on by default on a 4090, haven't had any crashes yet. I did enjoy the endless scrolling list of unlocks when I first logged in.

I unlocked what looked like a necklace or something, but I still don't have anything under accessories, so not sure what that was.

Edit: I did have a lot of weird "N/A" settings in the in-game graphics menu, so even if you redid your launcher settings, make sure you go in-game and reset everything too.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fats posted:

The new vault map seems neat. RT was still on by default on a 4090, haven't had any crashes yet. I did enjoy the endless scrolling list of unlocks when I first logged in.

I unlocked what looked like a necklace or something, but I still don't have anything under accessories, so not sure what that was.

Gun charms, second tab of the appearance screen on weapons, top left.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orv posted:

Gun charms, second tab of the appearance screen on weapons, top left.

I actually can't appear to equip the Auric charm I have in there. But thank you, that menu is definitely tucked away in there.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Neat, some of the mask cosmetics add effects to the voices

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
I'll be damned, I could've had stuff dangling from my sword this whole time?? I had no idea that menu was there either, thank you

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, the Throneside mission is a really cool map.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah, Goggles + Recon Pants is a great look.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

DeathSandwich posted:

The chainsword has always been able to kill things though? At least since they fixed it after the original beta weekend, it's been fine. I've used it on multiple characters for multiple hours and have had no problems with kill time or horde sweep.

I've only come across one melee weapon I swore never to touch again, and that's the Heavy Sword for Zealot, have you given that one a shot?

Edit: Anyone know what a "Flash Mission" is?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

I've only come across one melee weapon I swore never to touch again, and that's the Heavy Sword for Zealot, have you given that one a shot?

Edit: Anyone know what a "Flash Mission" is?

Super fast mission reset timer AFAIK, dunno if it gives anything in particular.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Orv posted:

Super fast mission reset timer AFAIK, dunno if it gives anything in particular.

Is it a modifier or something, don't think I've ever seen one of those. Is it just a mission that has like, less than a minute to queue up for?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Is it a modifier or something, don't think I've ever seen one of those. Is it just a mission that has like, less than a minute to queue up for?

Pretty much. :shrug:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

this is buggier than the beta

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Word on the discord street is that toughness over 100 is multiplying the damage you take :allears:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Diephoon posted:

Word on the discord street is that toughness over 100 is multiplying the damage you take :allears:

:aloom:

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
I saw in the patch notes that they changed the heavy sword's power. Anyone know if it doesn't suck now?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Diephoon posted:

I am going to blame this for the embarrassing wipe that I just had

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Phlegmish posted:

I am going to blame this for the embarrassing wipe that I just had

I had a game with me and three sharpshooters and they got CHUNKED in every single engagement

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Diephoon posted:

So like.... every Sharpshooter is getting ripped apart?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Definitely felt like that in the matches I played.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
yeah, from what I understand if you have more than 100 toughness in total, you get melee chip damage even with a full toughness bar.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That is what it feels like for me.

I went back to the plasma gun. Idk why but it just feels good.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hey guys ive unlocked the mysterious 4th ogryn voice which makes it sound like you're talking into a pringles can

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Helmets that cover your face add a muffling effect. Seems this was applied incorrectly to a few items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Helmets that cover your face add a muffling effect. Seems this was applied incorrectly to a few items.

OHHH i did wonder but decided that would be really silly

e: also im using the helmet you get by playing the beta which is just a hat