Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

that's uncanny lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

that's uncanny lmao

I'd hope so, it's Rooney's mugshot on a fake article.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

I'd hope so, it's Rooney's mugshot on a fake article.

well that makes sense then lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

Big John Carew who's gonna score one or two has been sentenced to 14 months in prison for tax evasion.

I briefly met Big John Carew at a nightclub in Valencia in 2003. He's a good lad who means well.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Bit of drama in the FA Trophy today:
https://twitter.com/theyellows/status/1594002442169061377

Match Report: https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/23136884.warrington-town-0-guiseley-1-fa-trophy-match-report/

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rescind that red imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

rescind that red imo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

That's a term of endearment in Warrington

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Le Tissier now promoting human consumption of massive doses of Ivermectin on conspiracy loon Twitter clone Gettr.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him start Holocaust denial soon. He's basically doing a Glinner speedrun, but obsessing about vaccines and (((globalists))) instead of trans people.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Somebody ask him about trans people.

Edit: Never mind.

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1194895585595273216

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 29, 2022

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Could almost post it in the funny poo poo thread since I lol every time at the fact he had a job for basically his entire life going 'ooooohhhh' at football matches on the TV and chucked it in favour of whatever this is

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
the entire Juventus board just resigned en masse as the club is facing scrutiny for possible financial fraud. good and normal times in Serie A

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Akbar posted:

the entire Juventus board just resigned en masse as the club is facing scrutiny for possible financial fraud. good and normal times in Serie A
Well that is pretty much normal times in Serie A isn't it?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Akbar posted:

I wonder who'll be their Del Piero this time.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

TheRat posted:

I wonder who'll be their Del Piero this time.

He's probably gonna be on the board Op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Paragons of fiscal responsibility La Liga are calling for severe punishment!

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1597575485458120705

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Paragons of fiscal responsibility La Liga are calling for severe punishment!

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1597575485458120705

I wonder what club was involved in the spicy Arthur-Pjanic trade? Nope, can't think of any, must have been a Juventus solo venture.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

I wonder what club was involved in the spicy Arthur-Pjanic trade? Nope, can't think of any, must have been a Juventus solo venture.

That's in the past mate, many levers ago

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Akbar posted:

Refreshing that some football authorities are able and willing to punish fraud.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pure speculation on my part but it wouldn't surprise me if La Liga specifically hate Juventus because of the Super League stuff.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Pure speculation on my part but it wouldn't surprise me if La Liga specifically hate Juventus because of the Super League stuff.

They've had a hard-on for Juve, PSG and Man City for a while now

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
THE UNNAMED PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER who is under investigation for multiple rapes yet has continued to start for his club all season has had bail extended until January, probably because he is currently out of the country with the REDACTED national team and they think that if they told him to report to jail then he would just never return to the UK so they conveniently set a date after the end of the World Cup because the REDACTED national team is still in with a chance of making the knockouts and could theoretically keep playing until late December.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

quote:

In late July the force confirmed it would take no further action regarding an alleged offence committed by the player in June 2021, but investigations into two further allegations have remained ongoing. The player was initially arrested on suspicion of rape against a woman that was alleged to have happened in June this year; he was taken into custody and further arrested on suspicion of two further incidents of rape, which were alleged to have taken place in April 2021 and June 2021 against a different woman.

The player is not being named for legal reasons but has been a regular member of his club’s first team this season. The club confirmed in July that he would not be suspended and that he would be considered for selection until further notice.

The Guardian has previously reported that the player’s club was made aware of a rape allegation against him last autumn. That allegation was reported to the Met in August 2021 but did not appear to affect his status in the team. In March this year the force opened an investigation into that and another alleged rape by the player of the same woman that she had reported in February.

Very unsavoury.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Im very glad that I don’t support an unnamed premier league club.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Speaking of feral footballers, a news site I can't vouch for is reporting that Ronald is involved in the Juventus-troubles

https://football-italia.net/juventus-lawyer-need-fake-transaction-if-ronaldos-secret-deal-is-revealed/

quote:

La Stampa revealed an intercepted phone call between Juventus lawyer Cesare Gabasio and general manager Federico Cherubini, where they discussed the need to make a ‘fake transaction’ should the secret Cristiano Ronaldo deal be revealed.

The report details how the Gabasio, who is Juventus’ Chief Legal Officer, called Cherubini to discuss the secret agreement with Ronaldo, where the Bianconeri agreed to pay the five time Ballon d’Or winner under the table despite stating that wages had been frozen in the early stages of the COVID pandemic.

Speaking on the phone to Cherubini, Gabasio said: “Ronaldo’s secret deal shouldn’t have been revealed because if it is, they’ll jump down our throats, all over the auditors and everything. And then we need to make a fake transaction.”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Would need to be a fairly big table to pay Ronald under it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Not very angelic

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Love to talk about all my secret deals and fake transactions that should be hidden from auditors over the phone

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

vyelkin posted:

THE UNNAMED PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER who is under investigation for multiple rapes yet has continued to start for his club all season has had bail extended until January, probably because he is currently out of the country with the REDACTED national team and they think that if they told him to report to jail then he would just never return to the UK so they conveniently set a date after the end of the World Cup because the REDACTED national team is still in with a chance of making the knockouts and could theoretically keep playing until late December.

Unnamed premier league player has been super important for unnamed premier league team, but he needs to be gone. Don’t want to win the league that way.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Love to talk about all my secret deals and fake transactions that should be hidden from auditors over the phone

Fwd: fwd: re: Secret Deal

Cc: all

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Absolutely this. Unnamed team really need to bring their summer plans for an unnamed position player forward if they want any chance of clinging on to unnamed position. Perhaps Leicester would be interested in cashing in before a certain star of theirs in that position leaves for a free in six months? It's probably too much to ask that we somehow try to steal a certain young England player from Germany under the noses of all his traditional long term suitors.

Let's win the league / at least cling on to a top 3/4 place without any unnamed people who allegedly commited awful crimes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope ARSENAL are forced to forfeit all points they accrued while continuing to play GHANA international THOMAS PARTEY

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I hope an unnamed North London club is liquidated

two, in fact

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Make it easy and just liquidate London.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

I hope ARSENAL are forced to forfeit all points they accrued while continuing to play GHANA international THOMAS PARTEY

I don’t know what you’re talking about. There doesn’t seem to be any public record to support any of this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

vyelkin posted:

One of my favorite parts about all of this is that this keeps happening over and over. The guardia di finanza (and other law enforcement orgs) has enormous powers over wiretaps due to organized crime laws and yet the same guys at the same club just keep calling each other on big old red cartoon phones to talk about crime.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

One of my favorite parts about all of this is that this keeps happening over and over. The guardia di finanza (and other law enforcement orgs) has enormous powers over wiretaps due to organized crime laws and yet the same guys at the same club just keep calling each other on big old red cartoon phones to talk about crime.

They think a conversation doesn't count if you can't see the hand gestures

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

They think a conversation doesn't count if you can't see the hand gestures

You can easily hear Italian hand gestures through the phone

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Shrapnig posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Shrapnig posted: