Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It also doesn't sound muffled, it just sounds like bad sound quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

drat. Second ever mission, and I had a full screen lock, speaker go brrrrzzzzzz hard lock, had to hold down a button reset.

Can't remember the last time I had a game crash that badly.

Is this just me, or are other people having this sort of thing happen?

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Feeling Tencents fingers in Fatsharks pie here. Crafting not in yet, no new weapons despite the claim of 70+ weapons on launch, story feels absolutely unfinished (its not even there, really) but goddamn do they have a functioning cosmetic shop (ignore the boring recolours you can get for Ordo Dockets, they are barely reskins).

Game is fun as hell but its absolutely not a full release, early access at best.

E: Oh and dont forget no private lobbies or solo / bot runs.

BombiTheZombie fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 30, 2022

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Deptfordx posted:

drat. Second ever mission, and I had a full screen lock, speaker go brrrrzzzzzz hard lock, had to hold down a button reset.

Can't remember the last time I had a game crash that badly.

Is this just me, or are other people having this sort of thing happen?

Yeah, I had that exact same crash. My machine rebooted normally after, didn't need to kill it, but the system just completely poo poo itself.

Pretty frequent normal CtD's also. Search for my posts and you'll find me whining about them, it got to the point where I couldn't really complete missions.

That hard crash was what got me to just shelf it for a day or two, and if it doesn't clear up come back after they release a patch.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The cash shop also does that scummy thing where the points you can buy never match up with the prices of the items, ensuring that you always have some left so you feel pressured to buy more.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It's unfortunately still more generous than other live service games. ~5 USD for a chest and legs skin bundle with unique model and ~12-14 USD for chest, legs, head, and 2 weapon skin bundle is way more generous than say Valorant charging 30 USD for a weapon skin.

Still not great to have I agree.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Also, how are people finding the team comp thing.

I feel like Vermintide limiting to one of each, and then allowing you to change on the fly after you joined, if for example you had Warrior Priest, and Grail Kruber, and so needed a good sniper archetype to cover you could do so was a way better idea than 'Team all psyker'.

I presume it's not truely random and the matchmaker attempts to get a mix of character roles if it can.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just did a mission as vet and something definitely is up with damage.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

The cash shop also does that scummy thing where the points you can buy never match up with the prices of the items, ensuring that you always have some left so you feel pressured to buy more.

yeah I hate this poo poo. I don't mind buying cosmetics, just charge me in real dollars for them please, instead of this patently manipulative currency garbage.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kaddish posted:

I played through a mission just now where I decided to pay attention to my health bar, and sure enough, it was getting chipped away at even without my toughness being depleted. This means that everyone who has a +x% Toughness curio equipped is
inadvertently playing on challenge mode.

:fatshark:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kaddish posted:

Toughness over 100 is bugged and doesn't block damage, remove your toughness trinkets if you're not veteran, if you are veteran lol

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Pigbottom posted:

yeah, from what I understand if you have more than 100 toughness in total, you get melee chip damage even with a full toughness bar.

Oh gently caress THATS what it was. I thought they just forgot to implement it

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Can confirm the toughness bug. On my zealot I swapped out curios to +health instead of toughness and the difference was night and day

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Any data on whats required to get 530 item power? The fast i max item power the faster i can quit the stupid grind. I know someone said you'll have to upgrade a high power grey item to do it but i'm wondering whats the sweet spot to aim for in terms of power.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Arghy posted:

Any data on whats required to get 530 item power? The fast i max item power the faster i can quit the stupid grind. I know someone said you'll have to upgrade a high power grey item to do it but i'm wondering whats the sweet spot to aim for in terms of power.

I googled this earlier today, and people were saying that ~375 was the highest rating they'd seen on a grey item. Haven't seen this myself, mind you.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Holy poo poo I’ve never seen a Daemonhost before and it shredded me

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Flavahbeast posted:

Toughness over 100 is bugged and doesn't block damage, remove your toughness trinkets if you're not veteran, if you are veteran lol

lmao this explains it, I just assumed they did a drastic rebalance and/or I was playing like trash

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Good Citizen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EyKSrrhSVs&t=5s

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Good Citizen posted:

Not me, I'm an elite gamer.

Pretty sure the percentage readout is bugged, or not a lot of people played during the brief window that they were appearing during the beta. Hitting it in the head with a shovel as an Ogryn with the toughness restoration on single-target heavy attacks worked wonders.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

BombiTheZombie posted:

E: Oh and dont forget no private lobbies or solo / bot runs.

That's the tradeoff for dedicated servers. I dunno if private lobbies will come back though.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

That's the tradeoff for dedicated servers. I dunno if private lobbies will come back though.

The ability to have bots is there, I don’t see why the option would just be unavailable unless someone drops mid-mission

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Bussamove posted:

The ability to have bots is there, I don’t see why the option would just be unavailable unless someone drops mid-mission

I'm sure it's possible but I doubt they want to 'waste' the server space on a single person, especially when the launch was so popular there was a queue.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Hoping the steam deck can play this in potato mode. I dont expect the xbox population to come close to steam population and my laptop is old.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

They’ve already said it was a post-launch thing and that you’d have to host the lobby yourself for bots/private games, so it’ll be more resource intensive

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Dpulex posted:

Hoping the steam deck can play this in potato mode. I dont expect the xbox population to come close to steam population and my laptop is old.

My friend insists that it "runs well" on the Steam Deck, but I'm very doubtful. I have one, but don't want to waste time testing it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Pretty sure the percentage readout is bugged, or not a lot of people played during the brief window that they were appearing during the beta. Hitting it in the head with a shovel as an Ogryn with the toughness restoration on single-target heavy attacks worked wonders.

It is bugged. Something like 22% of players had it last time I looked.

Tagichatn posted:

I'm sure it's possible but I doubt they want to 'waste' the server space on a single person, especially when the launch was so popular there was a queue.

They posted something about private groups being something they wanted to do in a future patch.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I probably wouldn't bother with it myself but it boggles my mind that private games are a post-launch thing

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It plays very well on Geforce Now if you're going to buy it on Steam, have decent internet and can spend however much the sub is for that service (I bought a 6 month sub last month cause there was a sale so can't remember what the sub costs).

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

God Dammit, hard crashed again. I'm still just under 2 hours play time. I'm seriously considering refunding this and coming back in the Summer.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Glad they nerfed the Knock enemies off a cliff penance for Psyker from 20 to 7, it's actually doable now.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Deptfordx posted:

God Dammit, hard crashed again. I'm still just under 2 hours play time. I'm seriously considering refunding this and coming back in the Summer.

Did you try turning off DLSS and reducing the number of worker threads it uses? Game still crashed regularly for me during beta but those two options helped.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ruzihm posted:

Most guns only have the one thing actually called a chamber, with revolvers being some exceptions. Are you sure it does anything on non revolvers?

Yes, I've gotten it on an Autogun and the crit rate increases drastically. Insanely strong perk.

Speaking of,

:getin:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

My friend insists that it "runs well" on the Steam Deck, but I'm very doubtful. I have one, but don't want to waste time testing it.

I tried it early on in the beta and it ran pretty terribly. 25 to 35 fps.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Taking the opportunity during this period of insanely increased melee damage to sharpshooters to try and get my "don't get hit by melee" penance.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Diephoon posted:

Word on the discord street is that toughness over 100 is multiplying the damage you take :allears:

More specifically over 100 toughness and you take 100% damage to your health. So Veterans basically have 0 toughness.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Clicking on the icon for the special on my chainsword in the new info breakdown inspection crashes to desktop.

The machine spirit is angry, I do not know why.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 1, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fatshark gonna Fatshark, expect some patches in the next week or two to fix most of these issues and then a patch a week afterwards to fix the fixes.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Grognan posted:

Clicking on the icon for the special on my chainsword in the new info breakdown inspection crashes to desktop.

the bars were for our own protection...

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Fatshark gonna Fatshark, expect some patches in the next week or two to fix most of these issues and then a patch a week afterwards to fix the fixes.

Didn't it take them six months to fix Day 1 bugs in Vermintide 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It took about that long to fix the #NAME map bug in Chaos Wastes which any normal company would have hotfixed in a week, two at the most.