Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

y - or are trying to find those drat ants.

We can mail those. Expand your mail box lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Expanded it to 10, which is all the gold I currently on hand. Thanks!

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Can anyone spare some Cat’s Meow for the gold fish ATI task?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

yeah, where am i sending 'em?

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

yeah, where am i sending 'em?

Sorry, name is Socpro69.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

lol his cap was only 5 though!

It’s 10 now which helps.

Mine is 20 at least but oof, I wish you could bump it by 1 a day or something like stamina

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

1000 Sea Dragons? WTF :argh:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Just got the game, needed something to fill down time at work and this seems pretty cool!

The OP told me to post my name, in as "JosefStalinator".

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

JosefStalinator posted:

Just got the game, needed something to fill down time at work and this seems pretty cool!

The OP told me to post my name, in as "JosefStalinator".

Embiggen your mailbox if you can. Added you. I’m jezzerh in game.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

monkeytennis posted:

Embiggen your mailbox if you can. Added you. I’m jezzerh in game.

Ah I had no idea it had a limit! Added ya - I fell asleep earlier but will be able to clear it out more regularly. Expanded it once as well.

Thanks to everyone who has sent stuff!

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

So if you already have the Iron Depot gold upgrade (which can't be disabled), is there any point in getting the Ironworks? Other than a little one-time boost to farm XP, I guess.

Also I love how there's an option in the settings to disable the December theme which is apparently just the background and desaturation effect on all the icons, and not the snowfall particle effect which is lagging the mobile app to hell :downs:

Also also, is the Craftworks worth it if I'm going to be away for a while? Can that be configured so that I'll come back to a full inventory of sturdy shields and fancy pipes to offload?

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 1, 2022

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So if you already have the Iron Depot gold upgrade (which can't be disabled), is there any point in getting the Ironworks? Other than a little one-time boost to farm XP, I guess.

Also I love how there's an option in the settings to disable the December theme which is apparently just the background and desaturation effect on all the icons, and not the snowfall particle effect which is lagging the mobile app to hell :downs:

It's at the bottom of the home screen, a button that says "toggle snow effect"

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Hobojim posted:

It's at the bottom of the home screen, a button that says "toggle snow effect"

:doh: Anytime there's something I'd expect to find elsewhere, apparently that needs to be the first place I check.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

MonkeyforaHead posted:

:doh: Anytime there's something I'd expect to find elsewhere, apparently that needs to be the first place I check.

It threw me off too, I couldn't find it until I read the update notes. Weird place for it imo

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Also also, is the Craftworks worth it if I'm going to be away for a while? Can that be configured so that I'll come back to a full inventory of sturdy shields and fancy pipes to offload?

Ironworks occasionally produces small screws and springs which is helpful. You only need the initial purchase, extra levels in it doesn’t help those two items.

Yes, the craftworks just keeps chugging through anything you accumulate over time like sawmill silver things. It’s a huge QoL improvement. I have a saved set of things I have it produce overnight while sleeping.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What raffiki said. Buy the ironworks and leave it alone.

I have a large net setup for craftworks that means I wake up to as many large nets as my inventory for antlers allows.

It’s also good for mastering stuff as it uses materials as you collect them while exploring.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
GM'ing 4 fish at the same time was such a dopamine hit, especially since I'm really running out of easy fish to GM. I'm in no rush though, right? I'm at T110 so there isn't much I need to climb for right now.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks for the meals everyone.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The winter theme is way too desaturated, its almost black and white.

Thought there was something wrong with my eyes this morning.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

The winter theme is way too desaturated, its almost black and white.

Thought there was something wrong with my eyes this morning.

Yeah. It's nuts.

Had the same snow problem as well where it's a second toggle in a different no - obvious location from "disable winter theme."

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Though the power of friendship, I have gotten all 100 fire ants and finished the quest. Thank you MarcusSA, for the ants and the gold!

Now I can adventure in other areas and not feel like I'm wasting stamina.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

Though the power of friendship, I have gotten all 100 fire ants and finished the quest. Thank you MarcusSA, for the ants and the gold!

Now I can adventure in other areas and not feel like I'm wasting stamina.

No problem!

Honestly for all the new players just post what you need. A lot of the stuff we will have loads of that we can’t do anything with.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
And make sure to put what you’re looking for in your profile. I’m adding you guys to my friends list as you join and trying to throw useful things around as others have done for me.

Speaking of, I can’t seem to get anyone to cough up sea pincher specials in trade or giveaways if anyone has a few spare. Same name. Will gladly tip if I have something you need

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
They require a lot of honey, currently the only limited resource required for cooking.
There should be plenty of them around anyway, as they are the best xp meal to hit 70 with, from what I know and experienced anyway.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

zamiel posted:

And make sure to put what you’re looking for in your profile. I’m adding you guys to my friends list as you join and trying to throw useful things around as others have done for me.

Speaking of, I can’t seem to get anyone to cough up sea pincher specials in trade or giveaways if anyone has a few spare. Same name. Will gladly tip if I have something you need

Sent you 25 I don’t need anything back. I’m using them to grind away at cooking since that’s probably the most useful meal to me.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

zamiel posted:

Sent you some!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

For the newer players: you really want to farm corn in your downtime until you randomly get runestone 11, and slowly push towards level 6 macaw and snake pets (to unlock the best fishing area).

Game becomes a very different game when you have pets bringing you daily useful items, and your farm maxes you out on thousands of items each day. There's a point early-game where it's far better to beg in trade chat for what you need than it is to manually explore.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

runestone 11 can definitely be one hell of a gate.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I feel very lucky then. Except I cannot find runestone 10. It's the last one I need for that stone too and it just refuses to drop. I'm buried in alliums over here.

Which is fine of course, except I feel like there's really nothing much to do with anything you grow until you can finally unlock cooking. Except give all the corn away.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Jhet posted:

I feel very lucky then. Except I cannot find runestone 10. It's the last one I need for that stone too and it just refuses to drop. I'm buried in alliums over here.

Which is fine of course, except I feel like there's really nothing much to do with anything you grow until you can finally unlock cooking. Except give all the corn away.

You're going to need all the corn you can hang onto, corn jail is not a one time thing.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I've been slowly working on getting an inventory full of corn oil just because I'm almost certain there will be a quest chain that needs 15,000 of it at some point.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

koshmar posted:

You're going to need all the corn you can hang onto, corn jail is not a one time thing.

This is true, but eventually corn only takes 20 minutes to grow and you have more crop rows. Really the early grind for runestone 11 was the worst imo.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

koshmar posted:

Oh yeah, I figured that out when I was only 2.5% done with the silo and expected between growing crops for feed as well I’ll be plenty busy. I think I only have one more crop timer reduction left to get to 10%.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Jhet posted:

Oh yeah, I figured that out when I was only 2.5% done with the silo and expected between growing crops for feed as well I’ll be plenty busy. I think I only have one more crop timer reduction left to get to 10%.

The first big tower reward effectively halves crop growth so as Atoramos mentioned corn gets a bit more tolerable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

The first big tower reward effectively halves crop growth so as Atoramos mentioned corn gets a bit more tolerable.

Well tbh I was well done with corn before I had the tower unlocked.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Spiked shells are in the soap shop holy shiiiiit

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jhet posted:

You can get 10 from throwing 7-9 in the well at a 33% chance. When I was searching for 10 I already had a handful of 8s, so it wasn't too bad.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Glad I had a bunch of Rice saved up for the 2k potatoes and 2k rice quest.

Less glad that the next quest after is the exact same.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

NFX posted:

You can get 10 from throwing 7-9 in the well at a 33% chance. When I was searching for 10 I already had a handful of 8s, so it wasn't too bad.

Haha. First try.

At least I didn't spend a bunch of time growing random crops I didn't need for anything.

3 days. I spent three days growing stuff for it.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

runestone 11 can definitely be one hell of a gate.

you can get a free one from the prize bag in the corn maze.