Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Deku activates his final, completed form of OFA, but AFO manipulates the future to make it so that Deku never completed OFA.

Luckily, it turns out that Deku was never actually quirkless, and that he had a hidden quirk that only activates when his quark is deactivated, by by temporarily taking away OFA, OFA has actually awoken Deku's quirk.

Deku beats AFO in a single panel after awakening his true quirk.

Manga over.

Delphisage posted:

But then AFO reveals his new power to prevent the manga from ending or himself from being defeated that derives from his refusal to read to the end of the story, and the fight keeps going.

Thanks, I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

At this rate, Spinner will go Plus Ultra and become a bigger lizard man in five chapters.

Can't believe Spinner's dad is Godzillo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

With Kurogiri back shuffling fights around we could have a dozen more chapters of Class 1-A and other heroes pulling out ultimate attacks that are shrugged off.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thanks, I hate it.

Wait until Hori reveals the mother of all quirks.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Thanks, I hate it.

I was actually trying to make a Bleach reference but realized MHA didn't have Tsukishima or a Tsukishima-equivalent so I had to change the ending.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just remembered that with Spinner's back story being cut from the anime that the movies cover the anti mutie racism more than the anime proper

The chimera guy from Two Heroes became a villain because of discrimination, and even calls Shouji out I think.

Then Shoto unceremoniously murders him

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fabricated posted:

Just remembered that with Spinner's back story being cut from the anime that the movies cover the anti mutie racism more than the anime proper

The chimera guy from Two Heroes became a villain because of discrimination, and even calls Shouji out I think.

Then Shoto unceremoniously murders him

I think that was Heroes Rising (the titles are annoyingly similar and I confuse them all the time), but yes, it's very funny how that ends

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
No see, he totally lived, you see him getting arrested by the police in the end and everything! He's totally still alive guys, trust us!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chimera was too cool to live :smith:

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Chimera was just a migrant from Universe 9 trying to make nice with this universe, and they spat in his face. Well screw you, guess you don't need help from people on par with Z-Fighters.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Arist posted:

I think that was Heroes Rising (the titles are annoyingly similar and I confuse them all the time), but yes, it's very funny how that ends

The way to remember is that they stupidly have their titles switched. Two Heroes is about the heroes fighting their way up a skyscraper while Heroes Rising is about two heroes fighting together against Shigaraki-lite.

Also this whole arc hasn't been half as long yet as the loving Obito fight. That dick took a good 70 chapters to die.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
It was at least 100. From whenever he ran into Naruto with the Edo Tensei Jinchuriki in 500-something, to when his ghost left in 692 after Kamui-ing out of the afterlife to give Kakashi Double Mangekyo and a Perfect Susanoo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I haven't read Naruto but I'm pretty sure you made half that stuff up

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

CharlestonJew posted:

I haven't read Naruto but I'm pretty sure you made half that stuff up
I could just cut to the quick and say that the Madara copypasta's only inaccuracy is that we don't know if he actually has Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi. For as bullshit as Kishimoto made him, he still had permissable room to make him EVEN MORE bullshit.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

huffing this stuff during the entirety of break week to get ready for the next chapter

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

drat.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Where's the joke Dobson

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Delphisage posted:

to when his ghost left in 692 after Kamui-ing out of the afterlife to give Kakashi Double Mangekyo and a Perfect Susanoo.

Why did you have to remind me that was a thing?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

God loving damnit.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5562/my-hero-academia-chapter-375?2022-12-094900

New chapter scanned.

What the heck is going on in that big panel with Gang Orca?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know mushroom girl, I dont know

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What even happened

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
If they knew Toga’s threat level then what absolute doofus put Tsuyu and Ochako on Toga duty

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheHan posted:

If they knew Toga’s threat level then what absolute doofus put Tsuyu and Ochako on Toga duty

Hey they also put pro hero glup shitto who we know is very powerful and competent from seeing them do......

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ochako swinging in on Tsu’s tongue at the end there looked painful for the latter. On the other hand, this is probably the most screentime Froppy’s gotten in a while

The chapter title was accurate at least

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 9, 2022

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That sure was a chapter. I guess.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nice chapter title

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
We could have avoided a lot of problems if Deku had just knocked out Toga before he left the island. Also, what happened to Tokoyami and Jiro?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Are the Twice clones actually clones of Toga transformed into Twice, rather than clones of Twice himself? Like, when the blood transformation runs out, do any surviving clones just turn back into Togas?

Also kinda looks like Gang Orca and some background heroes managed to pin down the Nomu, so I guess those guys are just off the board for now, unless they also got teleported?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheHan posted:

Yeah, this is hilarious.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TheHan posted:

I don't think the heroes actually knew Toga had Twice's blood -- Hawks expresses surprise that she has it, and Froppy assumes it's AFO/Shigaraki's blood -- it's just that Toga is so suspicious and fearful right now that she assumes that they knew.

Delphisage posted:

What the heck is going on in that big panel with Gang Orca?

It looks like they expected the large Nomu to have super regeneration, so Gang Orca was ripping it apart to try to prevent the regeneration from working. But it turns out the large Nomu was able to autonomously control its parts (like the lizard girl from 1-B?), and when Froppy broke Toga's first vial, she got marked with the scent that attracts the Nomu parts which immediately attacked her.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Dolash posted:

Are the Twice clones actually clones of Toga transformed into Twice, rather than clones of Twice himself? Like, when the blood transformation runs out, do any surviving clones just turn back into Togas?

Actually an interesting question. Like, Twice's powers were to make copies that were either Twice's impression of them or just exact copies of when Twice last knew or measured them. Does that also apply to when he duplicates himself? And that goes even harder for when Toga's replicating the quirk. Are they self-impressions of Toga as Twice, are they all Toga's impressions of Twice, are they all exact duplicates of Twice, or are they impressions of impressions? We really should have this addressed, it's extremely confusing and has the potential to go in any kind of story direction, and probably put it to bed whether quirks are biological magic or spiritual magic.

Though we know the Twice clones do have a time limit of lasting that isn't just based on damage, given how the Redestro clone that destroyed the HPSC didn't dissolve until it's been a while after Twice himself was dead, and probably not even through any significant damage it took, so that implies they work on their own timer rather than Toga's.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Any clones of twice created by Toga while transformed are in fact, Twice and not duplicates of transformed Toga. Twice's clones are based on a mental image. So even after Toga's time runs out and she transforms back, Twice can continue to replicate himself until all the clones are destroyed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know mushroom girl, I dont know

I know this is still selling well in Japan but its really interesting to see how much interest has dropped off outside.

A new chapter a year ago would have got 50+ posts in this forum in a day, never mind on reddit etc. The only time it breaks 50 in a week is if we're talking about Naruto instead.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I know this is still selling well in Japan but its really interesting to see how much interest has dropped off outside.

A new chapter a year ago would have got 50+ posts in this forum in a day, never mind on reddit etc. The only time it breaks 50 in a week is if we're talking about Naruto instead.

It's selling well in the US, too. Not Chainsaw Man well, but it tends to top the charts the month it comes out, and often by a healthy margin.

Might be delayed impact, or it might be that most fans just don't care as much about those things as the fans who care enough to post on forums.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

I wanted to express my disappointment and confusion but I couldn't think of anything interesting to say.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

serious gaylord posted:

The only time it breaks 50 in a week is if we're talking about Naruto instead.

What were Naruto's volume sales during the Ninja War compared to the rest of the Shippuden volumes?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Delphisage posted:

What were Naruto's volume sales during the Ninja War compared to the rest of the Shippuden volumes?
Peak:

quote:

2010; 7,409,068 total sales (highest year ever for the series, as far as I can tell); November 23, 2009 to November 21, 2010 sales window; Volumes 48 through 53 (slight carryover from 48, big cutoff of 53); Events of these volumes:

Naruto vows to bring peace, Nagato sacrifices himself

Five Kage Summit announced, Danzo on the move

Five Kage Summit

Sasuke reveals Susano

Sasuke vs Danzo

Obito announces war on the world

Preparations are made for war

Naruto meets Kushina; Minato and Kushina backstory

Final 2 years

quote:

2014; 5,505,179 total sales; November 18, 2013 to November 16, 2014 sales window; Volumes 67 through 71 (minimal carryover, slight cutoff of 71); Events of these volumes:

Naruto defeats Obito

Madara is alive

8 Gates

Sage of 6 Paths introduced

Naruto and Sasuke upgrades

Madara defeated, Kaguya arrives

2015; 3,498,177 total sales; November 17, 2014 to November 22, 2015 sales window; Volumes 71 and 72 (slight carryover of 71), as well as most likely having a sales boost as the series ended; Events of these volumes:

Madara defeated, Kaguya arrives

Kaguya defeated

Naruto vs Sasuke round 2

Series end

Avg sales per volume per year

quote:

2008 - 950,308.75

2009 - 997,926.5

2010 - 1,156,381.8

2011 - 1,088,953.8

2012 - 1,198,718.25

2013 - 1,125,726