Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

To folks having performance issues, this might be worth a look:

Lmao did they actually lock RTX on in the background instead of turning it off by default? Will try in a bit here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's weird having a cash shop on day 1 for a fully priced game. I don't think it's over flowing with content either and it's definitely buggy, so asking people to put down more money is rude.

Orv posted:

I did the same and am still seeing significantly less frames than I did before Monday’s hotfix.

Someone in the steam forums said that changing the settings in-game wasn't changing a setting in the files for two graphic options, so probably a bug related to them disabling ray tracing.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just had my first mid-mission crash and wasn't able to connect to the same session. Weirdly this was just a server disconnect and dumped me to character select.

hemale in pain posted:

Someone in the steam forums said that changing the settings in-game wasn't changing a setting in the files for two graphic options, so probably a bug related to them disabling ray tracing.

I get not liking cash shops in general but people keep bringing up the full price game thing - this game is $40.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Do higher-tier penance cosmetic rewards ever show up as retextures in the normal shop?
I don't wanna buy a blue outfit for my psyker if I can only get the t2 hood in red.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

OGS-Remix posted:

How do you get the big hat? I want it too lol.
I think that's just the beta hat for the Ogryn, but they assigned those hats to every single character for some reason.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The cash shop stinks and mismatched currency bundles is the oldest predatory trick in the book, but I don't really care because I never touch cash shops and there are 0 gameplay incentives in there, if they sold 5000 crafting mats for 2101 space coins I'd be grabbing the torch and pitchfork too.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
There are some weapons that were in trailers that aren't in the game, and they'd said they were adding more weapons for launch and didn't. That plus the cash shop and the bugginess would be the likely cause of the negative reviews.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It probably doesn’t help first impressions when the class that new players seem most likely to pick takes massively more damage than it should.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wait, do you mean veteran's bugged? or

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kaddish posted:

I get not liking cash shops in general but people keep bringing up the full price game thing - this game is $40.

Anything over $30 is "full price".

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ciaphas posted:

Toughness is bugged. If you have over 100 Toughness, you take extra damage directly to your Health.

Veteran has 200 Toughness at minimum. You get maybe three hits before you go down.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kith posted:

Anything over $30 is "full price".

i'd hesitate at 30 - a little - but yeah 40s in full price range sure enough

Kith posted:

Toughness is bugged. If you have over 100 Toughness, you take extra damage directly to your Health.

Veteran has 200 Toughness at minimum. You get maybe three hits before you go down.
lmao

i mean the fact remains the game's fun as hell, but jeeeeeez

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Twice Tonight:

"Don't attack that yellow creature. It's like a L4D Witch x1000"

followed by a pubbie yeehawing right into it with their lvl 1 axe.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Anything over 100 toughness currently takes more damage from melee, though I’ve seen varying numbers of how much. I kept getting hellowned this morning and I’m not too terrible.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Veterans currently get oneshot by Crushers on Malice lol

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Hah thanks, sounds like it isn't too toxic. Veteran was the class I was gonna play too so maybe I'll try something else.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Finally giving the chain axe a shot and oh my that feels nice

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just had a game where I was last man standing against a sudden swarm; 2 decided to run INTO the swarm with predictable results, and the third got knocked out of the arena. I was trying to help him and the other two once they showed up for rescue but there was a mutant that I could not quite shake; Had me so many times he should have done the funky chicken at some point. THis is along with fighting the swarm which had a couple of elites. Ultimately failed, but dang.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Pennsylvanian posted:

Twice Tonight:

Yeah, how else are you gonna get noticed by the Inquisitor???

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Three vendor cycles and not a single staff :(

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
do not poke the happy fun ball

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
anything i need to pay money for is full price

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Pennsylvanian posted:

Twice Tonight:

Today was the first time I saw one and I thought it was just a special mob stuck in the geometry before I yolo’d into it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

toasterwarrior posted:

anything i need to pay money for is full price

:hmmyes:

(e) oh jeez i just got murderified on a difficulty 2 mission, yeah this toughness bug suucks

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kaddish posted:

Three vendor cycles and not a single staff :(

I had to wait about 6 days to get a blue plasma gun after I turned 30.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I noticed they redid the animations on the Kantrael; any other weapons change? I do like these new ones more than the old ones.

Orv posted:

Anything over 100 toughness currently takes more damage from melee, though I’ve seen varying numbers of how much. I kept getting hellowned this morning and I’m not too terrible.
I calculated 33% with the massive sample size of one:

24 toughness damage, 12 hp damage

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Any tips on how to increase my performance? I'm noticing my CPU is basically capping out at 100% while my GPU is at like 5%. I thought I had a pretty decent CPU, an 8 core i7-9700K but man this game is maxing it out.

I've got ray tracing off and DLSS on. Even when I have everything set to low I'm still getting real hard FPS drops during the big fights

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What I've noticed is that the in-game graphics settings don't make that much of a difference. I changed everything from High to Low, and I gained maybe 10 FPS on average, if that.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Any tips on how to increase my performance? I'm noticing my CPU is basically capping out at 100% while my GPU is at like 5%. I thought I had a pretty decent CPU, an 8 core i7-9700K but man this game is maxing it out.

I've got ray tracing off and DLSS on. Even when I have everything set to low I'm still getting real hard FPS drops during the big fights
From last page, if you missed it:

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I hope they do a Tzeentch DLC.

Having a lot of fun. I gave up on Destiny 2 because it was too grindy. This is basically just Oops! All Nightfalls!

Is there a goon LFG discord already?

E: random groups seem fine so far, everybody kinda teabagging in elevators, reviving each other, mostly sticking together. Difficulty level 3 seems to be where you’d want to be with a premade group, but I’m also pretty underleveled.

How! fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 1, 2022

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I've got ray tracing off

No you don't, as it turns out! :fatshark:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Follow up on this for me; it helped but only somewhat. Still missing a stable framerate that I had in the beta periods but at least the dips aren't down to like 8FPS now.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

How! posted:

Is there a goon LFG discord already?

https://discord.gg/JX5hmRV

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Pennsylvanian posted:

Twice Tonight:

Sorry but if you're a zealot and you don't try to kill the daemonhost it's fail rp

Orv
May 4, 2011
Gotta slap the daemonhost the daemonmost.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

well the stats screens are sure improved at least

(edit) really improved. damage and stagger values for every attack against every kind of armor and body part, hachi machi

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yeah the stat screens are loving incredible, shame about everything else

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kith posted:

Yeah the stat screens are loving incredible, shame about everything else

lol i clicked the special icon on an assault chainsword to see the text and the game instantly crashed

oh, :fatshark:

(e) lol 100% repeatable. bet a dollar it's trying to load non-existent damage/stagger values for the rev and doing a nullptr fuckup

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 1, 2022

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Haven't had any crashes tonight, but I guess it's basically a crapshoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Yeah sucks to be a veteran player (ie me) right now. Game's in a worse state for me stability wise too than beta. basically 3 shot by any normal enemy and one shot by any mauler/crusher/rager