Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That card is a gently caress when it is used against me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Alright, so I finally went and splurged on finishing out a proper Utopia deck, and it’s been… okay so far? I’m definitely starting to get the hang of the order of what to XYZ summon depending on what I do or don’t have, at least. Any recommendations on what I could change up?

(First row is just Maxx C and the other two Ash Blossoms)

Most obvious candidates for replacement are C39: Utopia Ray V, Ultimate Dragonic Utopia Ray, and ZW - Dragonic Halberd, which I slotted in because I didn’t have enough UR points at the time to craft the suggestions in the Meta Duel decks I found

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I have been piling my gift inbox for this moment.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, already splurged the free 1k gems on ‘em, too.

In general, should you always be buying packs in 10s?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

We are not the same:

Regalingualius posted:

Yes

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I bought into Branded when it first came out, but the 1000 free gems are nice. Also, new selection pack coming on December eighth (Labyrinth, Runick, Weather Painters and more Predaplant support), along with a Zombie structure deck.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Great to see a new secret pack at last, but there are still some older selection pack archetypes that are obviously missing (most notably Swordsoul and Floowandereeze).

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Yes, and ideally always have at least 1k more spare. If you don't get at least a super from a ten pull, your next ten pull is guaranteed an ultra.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just pull.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I haven't played MD in a while, did they release Dinomorphia yet?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Neo_Crimson posted:

I haven't played MD in a while, did they release Dinomorphia yet?

Yes, though I think they're still waiting on the second wave of support(?)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Julias posted:

Yes, though I think they're still waiting on the second wave of support(?)
Correct.

Also, unfortunately, Dinomorphia were in a (now rotated) Selection Pack, rather than a Secret Pack, so it's a pain in the rear end to get them right now without crafting.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I’m wishing they’d do the current promo going forward: introduce a new secret pack, and make it feature on the front page for a bit

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Apparently with Master Duel going off of OCG rules, Branded Expulsion can be used to consistently give your opponent Ra's Disciple or Ido the Supreme Magical Force to lock them out of summoning anything, going off just a single Aluber.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That's funny but uses up the Branded Fusion send and is probably worse than just setting Branded in Red.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

Apparently with Master Duel going off of OCG rules, Branded Expulsion can be used to consistently give your opponent Ra's Disciple or Ido the Supreme Magical Force to lock them out of summoning anything, going off just a single Aluber.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Master Duel always goes off OCG ruling. If anything, I thought that's why MD's banlist usually matches up more with the OCG banlist than the TCG banlist.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I figure it’s because OCG banlist is more suitable for best of one format.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

What about TCG rulings would stop you doing that?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It's because the game is made in Japan. So they use the banlist from Japan.

(It has its own banlist now anyway).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yo is there some known bug with a monster that has a quick effect to be discarded and make it so that every card sent to the graveyard that turn is banished instead (can’t remember the name) that makes you unable to activate spells?

I’ve had it happen twice tonight, it was literally the only thing my last opponent did, but normal spells that I absolutely should have been able to activate were only able to be set

E: ran into someone else doing it the very next match, but I managed to zap it with Called by the Grave; name was Dimension Shifter

Regalingualius fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 1, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

Yo is there some known bug with a monster that has a quick effect to be discarded and make it so that every card sent to the graveyard that turn is banished instead (can’t remember the name) that makes you unable to activate spells?

I’ve had it happen twice tonight, it was literally the only thing my last opponent did, but normal spells that I absolutely should have been able to activate were only able to be set

E: ran into someone else doing it the very next match, but I managed to zap it with Called by the Grave; name was Dimension Shifter

That is not a bug. If you cannot fulfill the cost of the card e.g. sending cards to the graveyard as a cost rather than as an effect, you will not be able to play the card or activate the effect. There is a reason why players would use Dimension Shifter.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
If a card specifies that something must be "sent to the GY" it cannot be activated under shifter, but cards that say "discard" can.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Ahh, gotcha. And since I’ve been running a Utopia deck, that knocks a lot of my spells offline, then.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
It's why they unlimited Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure to counter Ishizu Tear; being cut off from sending to the graveyard like that, theoretically, chokes them out.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That strategy is annoying against a lot of decks. Dark law pass is a hand trap now

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I feel like I need to put together a dumbass hard control variant of Macro/DimFiss, just out of spite. I respect Gren Maju Beatdown mostly for making a 2004 common card meta-relevant, but it's too quick, I wanna make opponents really stew in it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Just wondering, would you all say there’s any SRs from Nebula Cyclone that would be worth getting for Utopian? I’m really eyeing #38 to help with spell negates, but my gut feeling is that the only one that’s even slightly relevant for Utopian is Photon Sanctuary

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
SRs? No.
For real time advice come to the discord. Do it.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 1, 2022

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

What setting do I have to flick to be able to activate quick effects at-will? I’ve seen opponents do it as soon as I draw, before I’ve even played anything, but I can’t until they play something for me to chain off of

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Regalingualius posted:

What setting do I have to flick to be able to activate quick effects at-will? I’ve seen opponents do it as soon as I draw, before I’ve even played anything, but I can’t until they play something for me to chain off of
If you hold left mouse (or press a certain button on consoles), the AUTO in the bottom right will change to ON, which will put it in a mode where it’ll ask you if you want to activate stuff any time you COULD activate an effect.

The opposite, RMB/OFF, automatically passes, and is mostly useful if you know what your opponent is going to do and either don’t want to reveal that you have a potential response (Veiler/Imperm/etc.) before you’re ready, or just know you don’t wanna use the effect at all (for example, Maxx C against Floo)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Any idea where that might be under for mobile? I’m playing on iPad almost exclusively

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regalingualius posted:

Any idea where that might be under for mobile? I’m playing on iPad almost exclusively

Go into your duel settings and switch self-chain to "on".

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New gate:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Flair posted:

New gate:

Easiest one yet with the curated decks you’re given.

I’m gonna guess that despite the implied intrigue of repeatedly summoning and returning to hand to riddle holes in your opponent’s field, Starry Dragon isn’t anything to write home about?

Regardless, I’m passing on the pack because I’m blowing it all on Despia I already have most of it just from the Dragonmaid structure deck

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's not good but it's funny that there's a whole deck worth of cards dedicated to the advent of Dragon Jesus

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Thats the Seiyaryu archetype yeah? Love those guys

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I thought those guys would have shown up in Duel Links by now. They felt like cards made with that power level in mind.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
New stuff typically only comes monthly in that and the boxes now usually coincide with advertising some character's cards, so ironically decks like that can take so long to arrive they're not even that good in Duel Links when they do. It only got War Rocks this year, for example, a little while before Links.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regalingualius posted:

I’m gonna guess that despite the implied intrigue of repeatedly summoning and returning to hand to riddle holes in your opponent’s field, Starry Dragon isn’t anything to write home about?

The biggest problem with Starry Night is that's all it does, and even then the form of removal it uses is pretty weak. A modern yugioh deck really, really needs more and better interaction than Starry Night can provide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, that was kind of my thinking as well; why go for a form of removal that everyone’s running counters for when Kaijus exist?

If it had “your opponent can’t activate cards/effects in response to this”, maybe it’s got some legs then