Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It's weird cause for me the game is running basically perfectly. In 6 hours of playing I can count the number of disconnects on one hand, whereas in the pre-beta up to the maintenance window I can get disconnected every 5 minutes in a single match. The only CTD I had was the reproducible "click on special move in weapon stats screen" bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Like it's insane to me that I can't get a stable 60 fps without using aggressive dlss and even still is a stuttery mess

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Fats posted:

Feels like they upped the post-mission item drop rate, I ran 4 missions today and got items for 3/4 of them.

I only played a handful of missions today, but I noticed the same thing. I hope it's something they adjusted and not just a fluke. Only buying weapons from a store feels very "Diablo 3 at launch, why okay when you can just buy whatever you want from the auction house."

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

terrorist ambulance posted:

Has anyone actually bought something from it. The assumption it's working well seems like a big one to me

I bought the sweet rebreather for the psyker.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Also I'm bummed to hear about people's performance issues and crashes, but the gameplay and audio/visual experience absolutely owns. It's been what, 2 weeks now, and it's literally all I can think about.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Kwolok posted:

Like it's insane to me that I can't get a stable 60 fps without using aggressive dlss and even still is a stuttery mess

2080/8700k at 1080p and I had to turn almost everything except AA off to get a solid 60

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Has anyone actually bought something from it. The assumption it's working well seems like a big one to me

I blew my special dollars from the Imperial Edition to get my Veteran some slightly dirtier pants and my Ogryn a shirt. Both managed to be delivered to me before my Beta Company helmet.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Internet Explorer posted:

I only played a handful of missions today, but I noticed the same thing. I hope it's something they adjusted and not just a fluke. Only buying weapons from a store feels very "Diablo 3 at launch, why okay when you can just buy whatever you want from the auction house."

It's definitely intentional, mission rewards got bumped up across the board

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Did they change the bomber's behaviour? They seem way more evasive now, I almost had a run fail during a data interrogator thing because we had 2 or 3 up and they kept chain dropping bombs on the objective and then ducking into doorways where they couldn't be shot

I haven't crashed yet since release except for clicking for info in the details panel of weapons, lol. i know people are having performance issues and it's janky as poo poo and you barely can play a veteran right now but i'm still having a blast just sawing through everything with the eviscerator

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

eviscerator + bolter makes it hard for me to play anything else, yeah :black101:

(dunno if that's all that efficient a pair of weapons but boy is it messy)

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Would help if people posted if they were on Steam or Gamepass, Gamepass is a patch behind as well ( Patch Certification was the reason given ).

I only had time for a couple runs this morning and performance was as good as it got late Beta for me ( on Steam )

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Played a handful of missions today via Steam and the game ran fine, thankfully. But just lol @ anyone who didn't expect :fatshark: to screw the pooch day 1.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
anyone running the force sword block ranged attacks & block with peril feat? it seems to increase your durability quite a bit on higher difficulties.

also coming around to the shock staff being the best one, being able to stun elites with a short charge is a life saver

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Popete posted:

Because maybe they should have focused on getting the game to not constantly CTD before polishing the cash shop.

The reasoning for why the cash shop appears to work just fine doesn't matter it's a bad look when the game doesn't work for a lot of people.

I have good news for you:

The cash shop consistently causes a CTD if you browse through different outfits or leave it open too long.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

skaianDestiny posted:

It's weird cause for me the game is running basically perfectly. In 6 hours of playing I can count the number of disconnects on one hand, whereas in the pre-beta up to the maintenance window I can get disconnected every 5 minutes in a single match. The only CTD I had was the reproducible "click on special move in weapon stats screen" bug.

This is the boat I'm in too. I crashed pretty consistently when loading into maps during the open beta, occasionally crashed at the end of missions, and had a decent amount of stuttering, yet today I've only crashed once and everything has been running buttery smooth. I didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing it. (Steam version)

The only consistent thing about Fatshark is their inconsistency.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
To any Psyker mains out there I'd recommend watching the shop and snatching up a force weapon with deflector trait and any block efficiency curio's you happen to come across, I've got 32% from Curio's and 21% from the force weapon and it let's me do stuff like this on Heresy difficulty.
https://imgur.com/bv7OHSE
3 Gunner elites dropped down behind me and would of melted me in a stunlock if not for blocking those bullets, turns me into a mini-Ogyn for reviving allies because I can just hold block in a horde of melee or laser fire forever.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 1, 2022

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I only crashed once during the beta period and get decent fps on the launch build. It's really weird how inconsistent the performance and crashing is.

Also the eviscerator is fun but I always find myself wanting more cleave. I guess I need to find one with a higher cleave stat? It only goes through 4 small dudes which doesn't make much of a dent in diff3+ hordes. Plus it takes a while to rev up and then heavy attack.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Been rock solid for me, been having a blast. And I'm somehow able to play fine on high settings with my crappy old laptop. The Omnissiah rewards the faithful I guess.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
game has been stable I run this on an amd card and an i5 processor

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Just got my first powersword and im not sure im sold, hard to get it to charge in the thick of stuff. People using the bolter/powersword combo must be going crazy between the time needed to load/rack the bolter and time spent charging the sword! Braced autogun and the combat axe is working out nicely for me at the moment.

So it's not really worth engaging with crafting till they put the rest in right? Do you just cross your fingers for a good perk/trait etc when you upgrade, for now?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Pennsylvanian posted:

So apparently RTX is still technically enabled on cards that it shouldn't be or if you manually tried to turn it off. This was a problem back in the first closed beta. Here's a Reddit post on how to turn it off:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z9a2fj/psa_rtx_is_always_on_despite_what_options_you/

Later in the thread:

"So this is false or at least a placebo effect.

Essentially, those settings are ignored if the following settings are set to off.
code:
ray_tracing_quality = "off"
rt_reflections_quality = "off"
rtxgi_quality = "off"

dxr = false
As those in the OP's post are settings for the ray tracing render pipeline. If the pipeline isn't running to begin with, whatever those settings are, don't matter. The settings I have posted here turn on or off the ray tracing render pipeline. And what major feature in the pipeline is used.

Edit: Just want to add, the first time you boot up the release version of Darktide, if your GPU is capable, it will have ray tracing enabled. You can turn it off in game and the settings do stick."

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Powersword does enough damage uncharged and also you just block push or dodge back and charge.

Fighting for me goes

1. charge while sprinting to cancel animation
2. use charges to slice up like 15 enemies
3. dodge back
4. charge
5. wade in again

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

After a drat nightmare of a disrupt run that included a solo rescue of everyone captured *twice*.

It's good to be appreciated.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 1, 2022

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct

field balm posted:

Just got my first powersword and im not sure im sold, hard to get it to charge in the thick of stuff. People using the bolter/powersword combo must be going crazy between the time needed to load/rack the bolter and time spent charging the sword! Braced autogun and the combat axe is working out nicely for me at the moment.

So it's not really worth engaging with crafting till they put the rest in right? Do you just cross your fingers for a good perk/trait etc when you upgrade, for now?

you really need the ignore enemy mass for 2s on weak spot kill perk on the power sword to elevate it to god tier and cleave through infinite poxwalkers. you can also charge it while sprinting

and with the bolter, at least one of the reload feats.

edit. i am crashing much much more after release. 3 times in a row i couldnt even get into the social hub. had to reduce worker threads in the startup menu and that seems to have worked, but now the game isnt performing as well as it was.

bobz0r fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 1, 2022

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer

Goodchild posted:

We're still sporting BARS for weapon stats over here on gamepass, did launch patch not make it's way here yet??..

Nope, Gamepass is one patch behind Steam (probably due to having to wait on certification)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

bobz0r posted:

you really need the ignore enemy mass for 2s on weak spot kill perk on the power sword to elevate it to god tier and cleave through infinite poxwalkers. you can also charge it while sprinting

Is that even needed? the power sword seems to cleave with no limit when charged up anyway.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Fun thing on the new mission where you set up Skylink or whatever.

At the end you hold out waiting for a bridge to extend to the ship, here.

If you go to the side behind me and to the right in that screenshot (where you can see a profile view of the ship's right side) and jump up on the computer consoles in this spot:

(Turning 90 degrees to the left of this screenshot, you'd see the medicae station)

The enemies can't path to you. They mostly ignore you and go for your teammates. Ragers and things like that will stand directly below you and then just freeze.

Theory: This is happening because my hitbox is on the fence behind the computer console and the ai pathfinder cant find its way through the computer console, so it sees me lower on the z axis. (seems consistent with behavior I've seen out of daemonhosts and breaking line of sight)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 1, 2022

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

ZombyDog posted:

Would help if people posted if they were on Steam or Gamepass, Gamepass is a patch behind as well ( Patch Certification was the reason given ).

How can this be? I assume you can only play with people on the same version of the client as yourself. If so, does this mean Gamepass players only play with other Gamepass players?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

How can this be? I assume you can only play with people on the same version of the client as yourself. If so, does this mean Gamepass players only play with other Gamepass players?
Even if Steam and Gamepass were on the same version players can't play with each other between stores.

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer
They do "fully intend to support cross-play shortly after launch" so perhaps it'll happen some day

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Im in the lucky minority that can run this on ultra without FPS dipping sub 60 even with the beta chugging around 20 FPS at lowest settings, and with no crashes no less! Game is absolutely gorgeous and the core gameplay is still good blasting fun.

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum
On Steam here and I didn't have a single crash over like 10 games today and performance is consistently 60+ FPS at 4k with a 3090. So far a great improvement from the middle of the pre-purchase beta.

Still though, due to the veteran toughness bug I haven't been playing on anything higher than T2, and I wonder if the post-mission item rewards is tied to tier because over those 10 games I didn't get a single item reward. Stability and performance are fine for me but its getting a bit boring being stuck on T2, getting no rewards, and being left with the slow-reloading item shop as the only means of real progression.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

anyone running the force sword block ranged attacks & block with peril feat? it seems to increase your durability quite a bit on higher difficulties.

also coming around to the shock staff being the best one, being able to stun elites with a short charge is a life saver

I'm very much of the view that the Psycher and Zealot's stun abilities are going to be a core bit of getting through high difficulty gameplay. You need a team that can chain stuns long enough for to tear through the specials.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

field balm posted:

You don't need to wait the full charge up animation. Just activate it and swing immediately.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Has anyone seen a Flash Mission yet? Looking through the penances there are some for doing flash missions on heresy or above etc.

Considering everything else im guessing theyre either cut content or not yet ingame, but it doesnt hurt to check.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

field balm posted:

You can tap the powersword chargeup and immediately start charging a heavy attack to delete one half of the poxwalker horde

Re: Crafting I think the best call is to not engage with crafting at all and just stockpile mats until you're 30, then pick up the highest level grey of the weapon you like and upgrade the poo poo out of it.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 1, 2022

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Is it just me, or does the 1 handed chainsword sorta suck

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

BrotherJayne posted:

Is it just me, or does the 1 handed chainsword sorta suck

There is one stat or blessing that it's hugely dependent on and I haven't worked out what it is yet.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Killed my first demon host last night. Got into a corner and deployed my shield and just pinged it desperately until my teammates saw I was tanking it and they came over and killed it. Turns out demon hosts will stay on one person until they are killed no matter what, even if they are sitting behind an impenetrable object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ohhhhh, so that explains why I was eating poo poo so often yesterday as Sharpshooter with a purple and a blue curio adding toughness.